Jon Gosselin Puts Brakes on the Divorce

He filed papers today to delay their split.

Jon Gosselin

Jon and Kate were due to be officially divorced by the end of November -- but now Jon Gosselin tells In Touch he's had a change of heart. "I regret my conduct since Kate and I separated [on June 22]," Jon tells In Touch exclusively. "I used poor judgment in publicly socializing with other women so soon."

Today Jon reportedly submitted a document to a Pennsylvania court-approved arbitrator, which he hopes will suspend his split with Kate for 90 days. He explains, "This will enable Kate and me to restore our relationship as cooperative parents and to open up our lines of communication. I hope that she will be as receptive and enthusiastic as I am to do what is best for our family."

Jon tells In Touch: "I would like to get back with Kate as a partner in parenting. Even though we were heading for a divorce, it appeared that Kate had been suffering from this divorce as much as I had. That's why I asked my attorney to put the brakes on this divorce so I could try to regain control over the future of our family. So Kate and I could join on a cooperative course that would benefit our family -- not destroy it."

He says: "When Kate broke up with me, I begged her to go with me to counseling. She was totally against it. I think I was reacting to the pain I have been suffering as a result of Kate's rejection of me."

Jon's attorney, Mark Jay Heller, tells In Touch: "He woke up one morning, looked in the mirror and didn't like the reflection. He realized he'd made some bad choices. He is hoping to inspire his wife to become less rigid, inflexible and controlling and open up. We're hoping Jon and Kate can sit down together and start exploring what to do about their situation. Once they do that, the rest will fall into place."

In other Gosselin news, TLC announced today that when the series returns with new episodes in November, it will be retitled "Kate Plus 8," focusing on Kate Gosselin as a single mom, while Jon Gosselin will be reduced to Very Special Guest Star on his own show, in his own life.

"The program will continue to capture the incredible lives of the eight Gosselin children and their family," says the press release, "but will now include a deeper focus on Kate's role in the family and her journey as a single mother building the next chapter in her life. TLC will continue its exclusive relationship with Jon Gosselin and he will continue to appear on the show, but on a less regular basis."

What do you think of TLC's decision to dump Jon ... and Jon's attempts to put the brakes on the divorce?

next: Study Says Kids of Working Moms Unhealthier
bABS September 29, 2009, 1:37 PM

please make these two go away
is it not clear to all of you than Jon and Kate are both playing games with the lives of their children. Jon is as guilty as Kate. Neither of them have talent of any kind so what to they offer the American pubic besides a train wreck to watch
please take this show off the air !!

Anonymous September 29, 2009, 1:48 PM

he just realizes hes on the path to never seeing his kids again..

Julie September 29, 2009, 2:36 PM

I hate both of them. Get them off the air.

karen September 29, 2009, 2:37 PM

please…these two deserve each other. they are both media hos.

Shayne September 29, 2009, 2:46 PM

I only wish they both would drop dead. Those poor kids. They’re better off without the both of them.

Blue September 29, 2009, 3:08 PM

Sleaze bag. He’s hoping Kate will look bad if she says no to a second chance. He sees his meal ticket disappearing. His new found friends are maybe disappearing too. He’s seen his future and is scared so wants to run home so Kate can take care of him again.

Anonymous September 29, 2009, 3:30 PM

The show has turned into the “Poor Kate” show for a long time now.I am sick of her and how many wonderful things she is doing for her kids. John was abused. I am through with this show.

Anonymous September 29, 2009, 3:33 PM

i just hope that Jon and Kate will work this out, im not sayin that they should get back together, even if i think they could move past what has happened and better them self’s as a whole… but really they need to have a sit down and work it out for the kids.

lyn  September 29, 2009, 3:46 PM

I think that his money is drying up and he has rethought that part of the deal. He didnt want to part of this a year ago and now that TLC is giving him is wish he has second thoughts.

If he really cared about Kate no matter has happen in their relationship he would not be running around the world telling all who will listen how he never loved her and start torrid relationships with other women. I think that Hailey is just a rebound and will not last and fills his ego but come on you dont destroy the kids in your life with such stuff they will find out about from their friends or family. As far as Kevin and Jodi, their 15 minutes of fame is up. They also need to stay out of it.

Good luck Kate I wish you well. You need a really strong man in your life when you decide to make that leap. Jon isnt that man. Sorry Jon you just arent a strong man you a still a kid in a mans body.

Anonymous September 29, 2009, 4:20 PM

Definitely seems to me he’s trying to get back in because of the money. She’d be nuts to take him back after his little partying escapade.

destiny September 29, 2009, 4:22 PM

so sick of her being called a “single mom”. She has more help than a day care center, plus Jon has his custody every other week or something like like. If they are going to make the show all about her and her struggles, then they need to take away all of her perks and lets really see what kind of mom she really is. I’m sorry but all I see is her having fun activities with her kids(which she wouldn’t be able to do if she didn’t have all this fame and money)lets actually see her do some parenting.

jp September 29, 2009, 4:40 PM

Jon thinks Kate TLC and all people that has been faithful to the show don’t see through what he’s doing. All he’s doing is seeing that he is not capable of making it on his own. He needs Kate and the kids for his stupid lifesyle. I could have put it more bluntly but I’m not as stupid as he is.

Martha September 29, 2009, 5:17 PM

Don’t do it Kate! Jon has used every mean, evil-intentioned action and comment he could find to hurt you. Now that he is getting dropped from the show, there’s no limit to what he will do, including dumping the LOVE OF HIS LIFE, Hailey. Wonder what she thinks about his actions today?

Do the right thing for your family - get rid of Jon, go on with your new TV career, and make a stable family life for your kids. You are bound to find happiness and success, you are very talented.

A man that would dump his family for another woman will do the same thing over and over and over……………

Love your children, love yourself and let this bad apple fall into the recycle bin…….

Fed Up September 29, 2009, 5:21 PM

If I see one more person defending Kate I am going to scream. She is a self absorbed b**** and couldn’t care less about anything other that her own self promotion. She was/is abusive to Jon and the kids. She’s had enough plastic surgery for the state of Pennsylvania. Get her off the topic list and no way I am watching that shrew on any TV show. Poor Paula Deen.

Bailey September 29, 2009, 5:22 PM

Paula, honey!! Put on the brakes and kick Kate OUT! You deserve to be with a warm co host, not some EGOMANIAC. Jamie and Bobby - protect your Mom!!!

Carrie September 29, 2009, 5:23 PM

Kate Gosselin has more help than all us moms posting here on this board. SO SICK OF HER! GO HOME TO YOUR KIDS LADY!

jessica September 29, 2009, 5:27 PM

jeez…some people really hate kate…guess what? me too.

Deb September 29, 2009, 5:30 PM

I really can’t believe anyone would defend Kate. Don’t you remember her boyfriend and her condo next to his house? That’s her priorities, ladies, not the kids.

Violette September 29, 2009, 5:34 PM

Kate belongs in a cage with that thing on her head. Role model? I don’t think so. I really feel sorry for Paula Deen. This women will eat her alive and add some of Paula’s cream on top.

Sonia September 29, 2009, 5:36 PM

I have 5 boys…all wild and I adore them. I cannot imagine having 8 kids or leaving them all the time to promote my own ego. Shut up and go home Kate. I cannot believe any television network would be stupid enough to put this ho on TV.