Jon Gosselin Says He Was 'Abused'

Do you agree?

Jon Gosselin

Jon Gosselin opens up to ABC's Chris Cuomo in an interview set to air next week, and the gloves are off.

"I took a lot of abuse from [Kate]. I was put down," he says. "She'll call me, almost like a lame fish. Like I wasn't going anywhere."

He then says: "Well, excuse me, I'm taking care of the kids. She's on book tours, she's doing all these things. You know she's gone a week ... comes back. Packs up and leaves again. I'm standing there like, 'Oh, OK. Your mom's gone again.'"

The entire interview with Gosselin will air on GMA September 8 and 9, as well as on "Primetime: Family Secrets" on September 8 at 10 PM.

Do you think Jon Gosselin "took a lot of abuse" from Kate?

15 Things about Jon and Kate

#1

The couple met at a picnic in 1997; they were married two years later.

#2

Kate is two years older than Jon.

#3

Kate was born in Hershey, Pennsylvania, at Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, the same hospital where she would give birth to her own children.

#4

Jon is of French, Irish, and Korean descent. His mother was born and raised in Hawaii.

#5

Kate sought fertility treatment after she was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome.

#6

In the beginning, Kate was pregnant with septuplets, not sextuplets, but one of the fetuses was lost prior to delivery.

#7

The sextuplets were born premature at 30 weeks.

#8

The Gosselin family's first television appearance was on the Discovery Health Channel in 2005, on a show called "Surviving Sextuplets and Twins."

#9

A year later, they were featured in another special, entitled "Surviving Sextuplets and Twins: One Year Later." Eventually the title was changed to "Jon and Kate Plus 8," and the show moved to the TLC channel in 2008.

#10

In order for the crew to film "Jon and Kate Plus 8," they had to install permanent studio light fixtures in the Gosselin's home.

#11

Kate got her tummy tuck in 2006.

#12

It's estimated that the family receives $25,000 to $50,000 per episode.

#13

Jon and Kate filed for divorce on June 20, 2009.

#14

Jon has reportedly dated two women since the breakdown of his marriage: 23-year-old teacher Deanna Hummel, and most recently, Hailey Glassman, the daughter of the plastic surgeon who performed Kate's tummy tuck.

#15

Jon and Kate's child custody agreement allegedly says their eight children will remain in their Pennsylvania home, and the two of them will move back and forth, rather than uproot the children.

next: Does This Dad Deserve a Spanking?
Just Sayin' September 2, 2009, 11:15 AM

Awwwww…..POOR BABY! Had to take care of his kids while his wife WORKED TO HELP SUPPORT THEM BECAUSE HE DOESN’T!
What a friggin tool.
Cry me a river little man.
I would abuse the lazy whiner too.
Well, it’s all better now, isn’t it Jon?
You got to dump your family and run around playing while SHE takes care of the kids…what a man…what a wonderful dad…what a loser.

anonymous September 2, 2009, 11:19 AM

She’s a verbally abusive shrew, he’s a perpetual pre-adolescent…At this point, I can’t stand either one of them and just wish the best for the kids.

Anonymous September 2, 2009, 11:26 AM

Kate is verbal, It always looked like Jon was lazy and she had to push him. Without her income I don’t think the family could have made it with just his career.

Jon isnt as nice as he wants everyone to believe.

I think he’s hurting and he wants revenge. He’s immature.

sick of "reality" tv September 2, 2009, 11:38 AM

She certainly sounded verbally abusive. But then again, he sounds like a frat boy. They both have issues, they both need to drop out of the public eye, and in-between all the books, shows, and photo-ops, SOMEONE needs to parent the eight confused children.

Mr.BIG September 2, 2009, 11:54 AM

KATE IS SEARCHING FOR HER NEXT COUGAR CONQUEST. God forbid she should find a person who could neutralize her bossy personality. Instead she thinks: a tuck here, a lift there will solve her problem so she can continue being her superficial self.

give me a break September 2, 2009, 11:55 AM

Give me a break! Say what you want about Kate, but someone had to be the adult in raising eight children. I can not even imagine how it could be done. She may be strict, but I saw organization and a well run home, no thanks to his lazy adolescent self. He needs to grow up & be a father and a real man. The frat party days are over! Stop acting like a horny teenager and take a look at what life is really like, you big baby! No sympathy here, I would have trown you out a long time ago.

Momof2 September 2, 2009, 12:16 PM

Absolutely, 110% agree with give me a break. Jon is an immature brat. The reason he got treated like a child is because he is one. Now he is just looking for some attention. He may as well pray he never grows up; because if/when he does he will be very, very ashamed of himself.

Anonymous September 2, 2009, 12:16 PM

I think she has been the one with the kids these days hasn’t she??? Who is the one running around with a young party girl?? HIM! HE is the one hiring someone to help him with the kids NOT KATE and SHE is the one who wants to have both parents together for the holidays. Also I NEVER saw Jon plan a thing for the kids! It was Kate who planned everything and YES she had to TELL him what to do. If she didn’t then he just stood there not knowing what had to be done!

Jesse'sGirl September 2, 2009, 12:22 PM

Jon has never held down a real job for more than a short time in his entire life. He got fired twice just while Kate was pregnant with the sextuplets. He may not have wanted to be a stay at home dad, but he sure as heck didn’t want to hold down a job, either. Yes, everyone has seen footage of Kate screaming at him, and it probably does fall under verbal abuse. However, I surely can understand the frustration she felt being saddled with such a loser! He needs to stop whining, grow up, and be a man!

it's tv... September 2, 2009, 12:23 PM

they want ratings….bottom line. loud mouth woman and lazy father seem to be raking in the dough for them…

Lisa September 2, 2009, 12:59 PM

Hey Jon, if you lie on the ground people are going to walk on you. You should have stood up and been a MAN. Sad part is you still don’t get it. You’re pathetic.

Patty September 2, 2009, 1:16 PM

Kate has to treat Jon like she does, he is inmature.NOT EVEN DIVORCED AND HE’S WHORING AROUND, When he SHOULD BE WITH HIS FAMILY..I do not blame Kate, I would have kicked Jon to the curb ALONG TIME AGO

lauren September 2, 2009, 1:18 PM

The Gosselin children have human waste for a father and a raging b—— for a mother. Pity the children!! Yet it is little wonder that Kate was angry and mean with such a spineless fool for a husband!!!

s September 2, 2009, 1:28 PM

yes jon was verbally abused. he should have said after the first time no help on show and go out by yourself.and i will do the same. for the glassmans to go out with patients spouse that is so unprofessional.

Irma September 2, 2009, 1:53 PM

Jon let this happen to him. The moment she started talking to him like a child, he should have put his foot down. This type of treatment didn’t just start when the show started. She’s a strong women and whats to rule. She had to have been the same way when they were going out together. So now the baby is crying. Both of them are asswipes.

Anonymous September 2, 2009, 3:52 PM

I agree at times Kate wasn’t very pleasant towards Jon but he is the one in the tabloids partying it up and running around with women. What happened to only thinking about the kids happiness?

tina

jess September 2, 2009, 3:54 PM

What a jerk. Yeah so his wife has to work because he’s off doing god knows what. Doesnt he get that going to the news all the time isnt helping the children. The children should be his top priority. I think he’s just trying to get sympathy because all the news about him recently has been bad. He’s a grown man, a father of 8, he needs to grow up.

seuss September 2, 2009, 5:17 PM

Sounds like she’s looking for fame and money. Whenever I see a picture of her that’s the first thing I think. I’m sick of hearing about them. If I was him I would take the lead and refuse to continue on with the show. Then again take the lead and make a complaint to someone about his kids being on the show. That can’t be good for his kids.

Poor Kate September 2, 2009, 7:54 PM

Kate will get custody of the children. Jon can then go drinking whenever he likes.

Look for Jon to get a DUI in the near future.

Anna September 2, 2009, 8:06 PM

Grow up John! Start acting like a real father not just another child. Kate should have kicked your butt to the curb years ago. You are worried about your kids “googling you”, you made the bad press yourself. No one helped you!!!