Jon Gosselin Says He Was 'Abused'

Do you agree?

Jon Gosselin

Jon Gosselin opens up to ABC's Chris Cuomo in an interview set to air next week, and the gloves are off.

"I took a lot of abuse from [Kate]. I was put down," he says. "She'll call me, almost like a lame fish. Like I wasn't going anywhere."

He then says: "Well, excuse me, I'm taking care of the kids. She's on book tours, she's doing all these things. You know she's gone a week ... comes back. Packs up and leaves again. I'm standing there like, 'Oh, OK. Your mom's gone again.'"

The entire interview with Gosselin will air on GMA September 8 and 9, as well as on "Primetime: Family Secrets" on September 8 at 10 PM.

Do you think Jon Gosselin "took a lot of abuse" from Kate?

15 Things about Jon and Kate

#1

The couple met at a picnic in 1997; they were married two years later.

#2

Kate is two years older than Jon.

#3

Kate was born in Hershey, Pennsylvania, at Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, the same hospital where she would give birth to her own children.

#4

Jon is of French, Irish, and Korean descent. His mother was born and raised in Hawaii.

#5

Kate sought fertility treatment after she was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome.

#6

In the beginning, Kate was pregnant with septuplets, not sextuplets, but one of the fetuses was lost prior to delivery.

#7

The sextuplets were born premature at 30 weeks.

#8

The Gosselin family's first television appearance was on the Discovery Health Channel in 2005, on a show called "Surviving Sextuplets and Twins."

#9

A year later, they were featured in another special, entitled "Surviving Sextuplets and Twins: One Year Later." Eventually the title was changed to "Jon and Kate Plus 8," and the show moved to the TLC channel in 2008.

#10

In order for the crew to film "Jon and Kate Plus 8," they had to install permanent studio light fixtures in the Gosselin's home.

#11

Kate got her tummy tuck in 2006.

#12

It's estimated that the family receives $25,000 to $50,000 per episode.

#13

Jon and Kate filed for divorce on June 20, 2009.

#14

Jon has reportedly dated two women since the breakdown of his marriage: 23-year-old teacher Deanna Hummel, and most recently, Hailey Glassman, the daughter of the plastic surgeon who performed Kate's tummy tuck.

#15

Jon and Kate's child custody agreement allegedly says their eight children will remain in their Pennsylvania home, and the two of them will move back and forth, rather than uproot the children.

next: Does This Dad Deserve a Spanking?
WANDA September 2, 2009, 9:21 PM

Absolutely. I saw it in every episode. I don’t know how he stood it for so long.

wanda September 2, 2009, 9:26 PM

Absolutely!!!! I saw it in every episode. I don’t see how he stood it so long!

Ann September 2, 2009, 9:44 PM

OMG - my husband & daughter child would absolutely LOVE life if this Mommy had a book tour and all the freebies the Gosslins receive, NO mortgage, FREE college tuition, no car payments? Trips to Hawaii, New York, free riding lessons, fame, Paparazzi? bring it on. In my family we all have full time jobs, my daughter is a full time college student and we all agree JON NEEDS COUNSELING FOR HIS MAJOR WHINING PROBLEM!!!

GiveMeABreak September 2, 2009, 10:31 PM

Everyone that has posted on here needs to learn how to spell. You all look stupid with all of your typos and general bad spelling. About Jon and Kate; it’s a tv show. We get one hour of edited footage of this families lives and we all think we know them so well and we know all about what goes on in their lives. We, as viewers, only get a small sample of their lives; and that sample is only what the editors want us to see. Everyone needs to stop acting like you know these people. You don’t know them at all. They are human beings for crying out loud. Did Kate verbally abuse Jon? Who knows, other than the two of them? They both made mistakes, just like every single person in the world, including all you people who are judging them for it. Yes, I am frustrated with the way this whole mess was handled, by both Jon and Kate. I don’t know everything that happened behind the scenes, but I do feel like they both gave up way too easily. Millions of families have it way worse than Jon and Kate, but they stay together and try to make it work. However, what really burns me up is everyone who is coming down on Kate for being over-bearing or Jon for being “lazy”. Get over yourselves. You aren’t perfect either.

Barbara West September 3, 2009, 3:23 AM

I too am a nurse and that controlling ,screaming,me me me ,wanch dosn’t make that much money,without the show she couldn’t possibly be bragging on the money she alone brought in.
She was verbally abusive and John for the sake of his kids and to save family embarrassment took the abuse.
No I don’t agree he nor she should be dating until after the divorce.

Momof2 September 3, 2009, 11:22 AM

GiveMeABreak-
You are such a hypocrite. You berate everyone on this blog for having an opinion, yet you can’t stop yourself from writing your own.

Chrissy September 4, 2009, 7:21 AM

When the shown first started, Jon worked during the day as an IT guy. I believe for the goverment (state?). And Kate worked on the weekends as a nurse.
Even then Kate was verbally negative and belittled Jon. As the show progressed they BOTH quit their jobs because they were making so much off their reality show - after all it is Kate AND Jon Plus Eight not Kate Plus Eight.
And over time Kate became physically aggressive towards Jon - always slapping him in the arm and shoulder or pushing him.
The marriage failed because of Kate’s behaviour. Which she pretty much admitted to when she renewed her vows with Jon.
Kate is an anal retentive type who is not happy unless everything little thing is gone her way.
Jon may not have handled things the best way but no one can give Kate a pass because of that.

FAKE KHATE February 6, 2010, 7:55 PM

TEAM JON! HE COULD HANDLE THE HOME, MEALS AND CHILDREN WITHOUT FAKE KHATE ANY DAY! AND THE CHILDREN WOULD BE SMILING AND HAPPY ALL DAY!!
ANYONE WHO WATCHED EVERYTIME SAW HOW SHE ABUSED HIM! MAYBE IT WASN’T HOW THEY/THE OTHER WOMEN WERE ABUSED,BUT IT WAS ABUSE!! DON’T JOKE ABOUT SPOUSAL ABUSE!