Kate Gosselin Takes Over 'The View'

She opens up about what happens when the cameras stop rolling.

kate Gosselin

Kate Gosselin guest-hosted 'The View' this morning and admitted to having a meltdown over the weekend.

When the ladies were discussing Serena Williams' U.S. Open outburst, Kate said: "She's in the public eye and melted down. Don't we all? People in the public eye are held to a higher standard. And meltdowns happen. We're all human."

She also discussed how hard it is for her knowing Hailey Glassman is in her home.

"It's hard. This is definitely different. But I react to it the only way I can, and I will continue to react that way. For the sake of my children, I will continue to take the high road, because it is the only road for me. But to be honest, I had a meltdown over the weekend in the privacy of my own home."

She was asked by Joy why she put her kids on TV in the first place. "The show has really changed. People say just stop and pull out. But I can't. This is a job. I'm a single mom, and I need to be out there working on my job. We didn't go into this wanting to be huge celebrities. But it happened. But essentially, I'm doing this by myself. I'm responsible now."

next: Feedback: Man Slaps Stranger's Child
Anonymous September 14, 2009, 8:52 PM

Honestly, I’ve been very anti-Kate for a long time. I watched this today and it seems her handlers are doing a much better job now. She did quite well.

paulette September 15, 2009, 1:07 PM

kate gosselin belongs with her kids not on TV. she is arrogant and i don’t care what she says. she has abandoned her family and is pimping them out for money. she is disgusting. i hope i never see her on television again. my mom’s group hates her and so does all the surrounding PTA people. we turn off the tv when she is on. HATE KATE.

joanie September 15, 2009, 1:12 PM

Oh No! No more Kate! What a horrible mother to abandon 8 children! What are you thinking? She needs to be at home to repair her broken family. I cannot watch another minute.

Kathy L. September 15, 2009, 1:16 PM

Thank GOD others cannot stand this Kate. No one in my house can watch her. What a dedicated mother. Ha.

ELAINE September 15, 2009, 1:40 PM

NEVER PUT HER ON TV. HATE HER. HATE HER SHOW. GOODBYE.

Lynne September 15, 2009, 1:55 PM

Kate Gosselin does not represent any American mom. She is self centered. Go home and take care of your children. Oh. You have people to do that. I forgot.

Jillian September 15, 2009, 4:56 PM

Why is anyone listening to her? She is not a mom in any sense of the word.

sunnie September 15, 2009, 8:37 PM

Will not watch anything Kate BOSSelin is on.

She’s very unlikable.
I hope the rumors of her teaming with Paula Deen are NOT true — I will not watch! Sorry!!

Woman needs to quit thinking only about herself and start thinking about her children.

She has NO qualifications to be on tv — what’s she going to tell the women out there?
Abandon your college education - stop studying journalism and tv production — and just go LIE about your fertility issues so you can get treatments you do not need and have a bunch of kids so you can star on tabloid tv?

she calls tlc shows “cute” — and the are all about the grotesque abnormalities of people — what’s so “cute” about that?

Patricia September 16, 2009, 5:18 AM

Personally, I have had enough of the both of them, their show started out great and now it is all about the two of them, why do’t the both of you get over yourselves and focus back on your kids. Your show is no longer about raising your children, we all have our problems and I do not think airing your divorce and personal problems in public is healthy for the kids, they are old enough to read and watch TV now and you made your money, so go back and focus on what is really important here, raising your children, I no longer watch the drama, I am sure the money is not pouring in like it used to and I cannot bleieve we are actually talking about her new DO. Enough already, I know there is alot going on in this world and there are alot of interesting stories that you can book on your shows besides these two.

DeepPurple September 16, 2009, 1:16 PM

I wish we all could put our kids on a TV show and call that a “job”.

ame i. September 16, 2009, 1:53 PM

I’ve never cared for John or Kate. It’s time for both of them to go back to working real jobs. I am curious as to the child support situation. 8 kids worth of child support?

Please keep her OFF THE TV and INTERNET April 13, 2010, 11:42 PM

Please everyone, STOP giving any attention to this
woman. She is not any type of role model especially
someone who HITS A CHILD!
No one should ever hit a child!
She is a boring nobody with no personality
yet she has this hidden temper.
That is who she is.

tabletki na pryszcze April 3, 2011, 7:26 AM

Very interesting info, i am waiting for more !!! Keep updating your site and you will have a lot o readers