Man Shaves Daughter's Head as Punishment for Shoplifting

ABC News: RIVERVIEW, FL -- A Riverview man landed in jail after punishing his daughter.

jose alfredo ajpacaja-ajiataz

According to an arrest report, 34-year-old Jose Ajpacaja-Ajiataz beat his daughter with a belt, then shaved off her hair.

Hillsborough deputies say Ajpacaja-Ajiataz was mad because his daughter took jewelry from Wal-Mart without paying for it and used a Game Boy without permission.

The punishment allegedly started on Friday, when Ajpacaja-Ajiataz used the belt on his daughter. The next day, he shaved her hair off.

The reports says Ajpacaja-Ajiataz admitted to the shaving, but denied that he hit the girl.

Ajpacaja-Ajiataz was arrested Wednesday night on charges of mental and physical child abuse and he remains in the Hillsborough County Jail.

Read more hot stories moms are talking about.

next: Mom: No Apology from Coach in Son's Death
SesshoumarusGirl September 21, 2009, 5:20 PM

If he beat her then sure, arrest him, but shaving her head? That shouldn’t count, its not like he slit her throat.

Reenie September 21, 2009, 6:06 PM

Granted the punishment was a tad extreme but I’ll bet she won’t steal again…and her hair will grow back eventually. It’s not like he cut off her hand!

Daughter2 September 21, 2009, 7:13 PM

Using humiliation is becoming a popular form of disipline. It is the same thing correctional facilities and judges have used in this country for a long time. I dnt condone it, but at least he did someThing.

Patricia September 22, 2009, 3:07 AM

I am sure there are alot of other things this child has endured from her father, I hope when he returns home from jail he doesnt punish her for that to. Granted stealing is wrong, there are other ways to make your point without tramatizing the child, in my opinion, and it is strickly “my opinion” this man went too far, where’s MOM, God only knows how he punishes her if dinner is late, the house is not clean to his satisfaction, I feel bad for this child, I’m sure she fears this man she calls Dad

GRANNY September 22, 2009, 10:24 AM

This little girl is under 12 (as stated in another article). While I do not condone stealing. First she is beaten with a belt, that left brusies that were still visable on her arms and legs 5 days later. Then if that was not bad enough to shave her head, that was not humiliation that is child abuse. A child under the age of 12 does know that it is wrong to steal, but would not have cognitive reasoning, she would not be thinking what would happen if she got caught as she would not yet have grown into that reasoning. A 34 year old man does have cognitive reasoning and should have thought about the result of his actions. We have enough children committing suicide, lets pray this child is not added to that list.

charles marsh October 2, 2009, 7:13 AM

he did what he thought would change his daughters attitude. Most parents now, do nothing ang the problems continue to escalate.

charles marsh October 2, 2009, 7:14 AM

how much of a belting was too much. I got belted and i turned out allright!!

Stephanie October 11, 2009, 2:17 PM

Shaving her head is absolutely child abuse. Kids that age are incredibly self-conscious about how they look. Yes, her hair will grow back and no, shaving her head didn’t permanently scar her body but I’m sure it permanently scarred her psyche.

God April 11, 2011, 4:25 PM

Holy chit! I hate stupid people, that kind f punishment doesn’t work, it only causes mental trauma, and worst of all… it causes hate