Teen Pregnancy Stinks ... Here's Proof!

If this "scratch and sniff" poster won't freak teens out, we don't know what will.

Anti Pregnancy Ad

Posters of dirty diapers have been put up at several bus shelters in Milwaukee. It's part of an ongoing ad campaign by the United Way and Serve Marketing to combat teen pregnancy.

In the middle is a message that says, "This doesn't really stink, but the consequences of teen pregnancy sure do."

What do you think of this controversial new ad campaign?

next: McDonald's Menus from Around the World
Ruber Ducky  September 10, 2009, 12:26 PM

Kind of a messed up way to go about it, but I guess whatever works….

I don’t really see how much it’s going to help though. I think it’s important that we stop shielding our children and start teaching them earlier so they really know what they are getting themselves into.

N September 10, 2009, 2:13 PM

i don’t see how this would work

Kristin September 10, 2009, 2:42 PM

Ok, guys. Let’s see how this changes anything… *rolls eyes*

Rachel September 10, 2009, 8:21 PM

I found it kind of funny. Whether or not it’ll be effective, I doubt it. Personally, I’ve put my money on sex ed and contraception.

meg September 11, 2009, 8:46 AM

I can not see, How this ad would work. People will just go past and think oh a dirty diaper gross. What would worl if teens if People would stop handing out life style condoms. Everytime I have used one I have it break on me. Trojans I never had break on me. Thats what we need to start passing is Trojans to these kids. Educating them and Adapt the class where you take home a baby and take care of it. That would work much better then a poopie diaper on a billboard or a stop and most people arent going to scratch and sniff. That would make people vomit.

Mel September 11, 2009, 10:05 AM

How about a picture of the baby coming out of the vagagae that might work a little better. A scratch and sniff doodie diaper I dont think so.

carly September 14, 2009, 2:57 PM

I am a teen myself, and personally I have seen sexually active peers. With raging hormones a picture of a dirty diaper won’t get the point across. Try making them whatch delivery of a child. Although I am not one opposed to teen sex. It’s their life, live it. Be safe and party hardy(:

lil momma September 16, 2009, 11:05 AM

This is a better one:

The campaign is part of a three-year effort by Serve and the United Way to combat teen pregnancy In Milwaukee by de-glamorizing the 30 year old problem. Four years ago Milwaukee was ranked as having the second highest rate of births to teens in the country. After two and a half years of education and public service advertising, the numbers have begun to turn around as the Health Department announced the first significant drop in teen pregnancy in Milwaukee in 20 years: A stunning 10% reduction.

jonnjenkind September 29, 2009, 12:30 PM

brB3WQ I want to say - thank you for this!

lilikindsli September 29, 2009, 3:04 PM

kxPjqR I want to say - thank you for this!

lilikindsli September 30, 2009, 4:52 AM

P8X7RT I want to say - thank you for this!

Romase October 3, 2009, 2:11 PM

site best

Wegas October 4, 2009, 12:09 AM

new blog

logan November 12, 2009, 10:37 PM

What? Why has no one mentioned abortion?
That is still an option, no?
Sure, of course use birth control, but if it fails, get an abortion, shhheeeh.

Jennine Marchiano December 2, 2010, 7:59 PM

It was definitely a good and fascinating post. On the other hand I’m just having trouble getting this website to show up the right way with this chrome web browser, any suggestion what could possibly be wrong…?

Laquanda Gosselin December 2, 2010, 8:13 PM

I thought this was a good and intriguing piece of content. Though I am having trouble getting your website to show properly for my current internet explorer browser, any idea what might be causing the problem?

Cira Jaskolski December 3, 2010, 11:10 AM

I just discovered your site and have been browsing along. I thought I’d leave my 1st comment given it genuinely captured my focus. I am going to drop back here frequently to look for brand new articles and other content.

Nedra Dols December 13, 2010, 10:56 PM

I was surprised how much on this I did not fully understand. Many thanks for posting this post. I’ll be sure to come back right here to find out if there is any brand new articles.

Immobilier Bretagne March 7, 2011, 12:19 PM

After I initially commented I clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and now every time a remark is added I get four emails with the same comment. Is there any method you possibly can take away me from that service? Thanks!

toaster March 12, 2011, 6:42 PM

Great post full of useful tips! My site is fairly new and I am also having a hard time getting my readers to leave comments. Analytics shows they are coming to the site but I have a feeling “nobody wants to be first”.