Go from Vixen to Virgin for Only 15 Bucks

For only 15 bucks, you too can be a "virgin" again.

290909_virginity.jpg

A product that simulates virginity is causing an uproar in Egypt. The device, used to fool men on their wedding night by simulating "proof" of their new bride's "purity," is being sold in several countries in the Middle East. The product is no joke. In some cultures, there is a heavy stigma for women who participate in premarital sex.

Here's how it works: The device is inserted into the vagina and emits a small amount of fake blood when "triggered." For women who don't have the money to shell out for the popular and illegal hymen-repair surgery, the $15 contraption is a safer and cheaper alternative.

The product is currently being targeted by Egyptian scholar Abdul Mouti Bayoumi, who believes anyone caught importing the controversial device should be put to death for "spreading vice."

next: Saving Money: Thrifty or Cheap?
RachelAZ September 29, 2009, 5:49 PM

It’s sad that women are made to feel like they HAVE to do this!

Miranda September 29, 2009, 6:12 PM

I actually think this is tragic but a great alternative to other practices done in the world. In Armenia, women are encouraged to stay virgins but marry late. Women can be disowned for premarital sex, so they do things like stuff glass in their vaginas to make them bleed onto the sheets on their wedding nights. The sheet is displayed the next day so there better be some form of blood. Although it is sad that women in parts of the world feel they must go to such matters, fake blood is a better alternative to the mutilations going on now.

That Guy September 30, 2009, 2:55 AM

This is why I always have my new wives tested at the garage before finalizing the deal… Can I see the VagFacts?

ame i. September 30, 2009, 7:02 AM

That is stupid!
Perhaps because I was a very physically active child & teen, but I didn’t bleed my first time. If my fiance’ had dared to mention the lack of blood, the minor head would I would have delt him would have taken care of that. ;)

Melody September 30, 2009, 10:23 PM

Yeah, I didn’t bleed the first time I had sex either, but I masturbated (ahem, vigorously) for two years before I started having sex… I do not know which would have been considered worse, masturbation or pre-marital sex, but the result was the same (i.e., no bleeding the first time having sex).

Enhe October 5, 2009, 9:21 AM

i was wondering where could you get this as am getting marries reallly soon and i was gonna have a surgry done

MNMOTHERS October 7, 2009, 12:52 AM

A site called “momlogic” posts this without discrediting it, or pointing out why this is an awful/ridiculous idea?

If I’m a teenage girl who comes here and sees this article, I’m very likely to see it as a great way to cover myself - even if it’s not the case.

I know you say that this is “no joke”, but that doesn’t really say much to anyone with a limited amount of life experience to draw from.

Let me say it.

This is a ridiculous, horrible, foolish, sexist, & crap-logic based idea.

Ok, now I feel a little better. ; )

catsuny March 4, 2010, 4:05 AM

How pathetic…2010 and women still have to feel as though they are pure..omg women wake the hell up.. our teenage boys are just as loose today as their dad’s uncle’s brother’s etc..tooooo bad the men dont like it !they have been enjoying being loose or whatever you want to call it for years .
Women should and as it has been becoming
the right to ENJOY SEX WHEN THEY WANT AND WITH WHO THEY WANT PERIOD….I’AM sick of wome being called sluts whores pigs …..MEN HAVE ,WILL AND ALWYS WILL BE HAVING MORE THAN JUST ONE WOMEN AND WE CAN TO IT DOESN’T MAKE US PIGS….

Borders August 18, 2010, 2:58 AM

This is not horrible. Horrible are the targeted countries with their rules and traditions.
You can live your life by some heavy rules and hope there is life after death and you`re taken to heaven or smth. But if there is no life after death, then your whole life is 100% failure and nonsense. I bet those countries dont allow women to travel around the world. Traveling opens your eyes.Sex is fun, I didnt say cheating.

chase internet banking October 18, 2010, 2:26 PM

I think that is an interesting point, it made me think a bit. Thanks for sparking my thinking cap. Sometimes I get so much in a rut that I just feel like a record.

sniper games October 24, 2010, 7:56 PM

Just discovered this site thru Google, what a way to brighten up my year!

Joelle Ehrismann October 25, 2010, 9:27 AM

Seeing a few of your posts I really found this one to be really good. I have a blogging site as well and wish to repost a number of snips of your articles on my personal blog. Would it be okay if I use this as long I personal reference your web blog or create a back link to your post I took the snip from? If not I am aware of and would never do it with out your endorsement . I have book marked this write-up to twitter along with facebook accounts for reference. Anyway appreciate it either way!

Josue Ingvolostad October 25, 2010, 1:18 PM

I have been just going through your post it’s very well written, I am looking around on the web trying to find out the correct way to do this blog site thing and your website definitely is really impressive.

Reyna Pruitt October 26, 2010, 7:49 PM

Yes, all of the other items are nice to have.

Noe Myrman October 27, 2010, 1:11 AM

After reading this page I am sure i might possibly recognize you from college, probably did happen to attend Texas Technology? If you did make sure you blast me an email so we could catch up it has been a long time! Look forward to conversing with you and pray all will be well with you.

Bradly Landsman October 27, 2010, 2:22 PM

After reading this post I am confident i may possibly recognize via school, could happen to visit Texas Technical? In case you did make sure you shoot me a message so we could get up to date it’s been a very long time! Anticipate speaking with you and wish virtually all is good with you.

Georgiana Battie November 9, 2010, 8:01 AM

We have to understand these coincidences very well indeed but also just because I had a horrible experience with doesn’t mean that I won’t help you.

Leonel Krous November 10, 2010, 6:30 AM

So, A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.

Fletcher Ferugson November 13, 2010, 2:49 PM

My buddy inquired which i come and look at this posting, she’s truly do a school undertaking on the subject. Were did you receive your current oringal information and facts upon this or did you make it up?

Refugio Waszkiewicz November 18, 2010, 9:40 AM

Total I believe that that is one thing to think about nevertheless it may just be a bit of little bit of base. In my nation we will need to honer superb freelancers and I’m praising your publish as I do contemplate it’s rather wonderful.