Passion Low on List of Why Women Have Sex

Research finally tells us what we knew all along.

getoutofsex-thumb-250x250.jpg

Turns out, when it comes to sex, most women aren't driven by libido but by a need to get their partner to haul the trash out. At least that's the conclusion of "Why Women Have Sex," a new book on the sex habits of women. (Will the authors' next book be ... "Why Women Like Backrubs"?)

The authors interviewed 1,000 women, and a whopping 84 percent admitted to using sex as a bargaining chip to get things done or just to keep peace in the house. Most women, especially moms, have so much cluttering our minds, it's hard to get turned on.

Here are some reasons women (both single and married) said they do the deed.

• To relieve the boredom
  • To give me something to do
  • In return for a household chore
  • I feel sorry for the guy
  • Because he bought me a nice dinner

Very, very low on the list is a burning desire to quench an insatiable lust. Hmm. Don't tell our husbands that!

next: Private Warhol Collection Stolen from L.A. Home
v September 12, 2009, 11:46 AM

This sucks! I am a mother and sex is something I really enjoy. I don’t know why the desire for lust and passion fade from some women. I can honestly say I would rather have good sex and take the trash out myself.

Amber September 12, 2009, 11:53 AM

Seriously, V. If I want the trash taken out all I have to do is ask and if he’s not home I’ll do it myself. I have sex because I want it not in exchange for something.

Jenny September 12, 2009, 12:41 PM

mike September 12, 2009, 1:59 PM

thank goodness I have a wife that loves to make love anytime any place and has been that way for 48 years. She says the hell with the trash or anything else that may get in the way of having sex. Roger Roger
I love her dearly.

Mike

Anonymous September 12, 2009, 5:11 PM

So, what this article is saying is that women today are unapologetically
manipulative and insensitive, even when it comes to the most intimate of acts.

Hm, good to know.

Anonymous September 12, 2009, 5:13 PM

So, what this article is saying is that women today are unapologetically
manipulative and insensitive, even when it comes to the most intimate of acts.

Hm, good to know.

Me September 12, 2009, 8:00 PM

I admit often it is for the sake of keeping peace in the house. I am not nearly as sexual as my husband and I would love it if I were as sexual as he is. But, I am not, so this is my main “duty” to keep the peace. Sadly true.

chris September 13, 2009, 6:23 AM

I LOVE having sex with my husband…we have been together over 20 years and married almost for 17 of them. We still have sex 3-4 times a week (yes we have kids!) Oh by the way, my teenage son is the one who takes out the trash. I think the more you do it the more you want it.

Rachelle September 13, 2009, 8:56 AM

I honestly don’t believe most women are being openly manipulative. My psychiatrist has been saying this forever. He calls it “training” your husband. If you tell him that it really turns you on when he does the dishes, or takes out the garbage, or whatever, and “show” him how much you appreciate it, then it’s a win win situation. He will start helping around the house more because he knows he will get a good response, possibly even sex out of it. It doesn’t mean the wife is using him to get what she wants, it just means she’s happier and more available for sex, and he’s happier cause he’s GETTING sex.

michelle September 14, 2009, 10:04 AM

No, this is not actually the conclusion the researchers drew from their work. Fail, momlogic. See this link for an interview with the authors:

Peggy Reskin September 14, 2009, 9:29 PM

What about having your body flooded with endorphins and your whole attitude lifted by contact with this other human being all hot and sticky? There’s something to be said for that, don cha think?

Anonymous September 15, 2009, 4:45 AM

“As a mother of a special needs child I have to say that I rarely feel like having sex, I’m just too tired so I guess like some of the ladies I do it because I feel bad that I am not as sexual as I should be for my husband. I would never do it in exchange for taking out the trash though….its much faster to take out the trash lol

- Jenny”

Another liar at the altar. If he’d only been told the truth while you were dating, instead of being sexually “bait[ed] ‘n switched”.

Nazreel October 20, 2009, 10:54 AM

Shame on you Anonymous! I’m sure when she was at the altar she had no intention of being the mother of a special needs child either!

You have no compassion and no understanding of how devastating this can be.

I hope your mother never sees this.

Angela November 17, 2009, 10:42 AM

I couldn’t disagree more! I work, have kids, lead a busy life and I’d never give up sex or the passion for it in my life. Sex should be something wonderful that you and your partner enjoy and a way to express yourselves and how you feel for one another…never as a bargaining tool or power hold in a relationship. If you don’t look forward to sharing that experience with your partner, that’s a red flag that you have other issues going on in your relationship or life. I think this article is crap, not all women and not all men are the same.

Counteero December 17, 2009, 7:52 AM

Hello. Some my favourite links for you:
lesbians sex
11/30 - The Literotica Winter Holidays Erotic Story Contest is happening now!! Click here to read all the fun contest enries (more added daily!), or click here to find out how to submit your story for fun, fame, and a chance at cash. Information on all of our Special Contests can be found on our 2009 Special Contest Schedule, so be sure to add those dates to your calender!

Kiersten Washabaugh December 2, 2010, 8:15 PM

Just like the saying goes, while in the professional’s brain there aren’t many possibilities, but for a person with a beginner’s mind, the entire world is open.

Vi Furubotten February 14, 2011, 10:11 AM

This was definitely an excellent and helpful post. However I’m having problems getting the site to show up properly on my current opera web browser, any thought what exactly could possibly be causing the problem???