WTF? Suri Cruising in High Heels?!

Celeb-u-tot Suri hits the shops in some grown-up shoes.

suri cruise wearing high heels katie holmes

Momlogic's Momstrosity: Suri Cruise was spotted hobnobbing around Boston with mommy Katie Holmes. Like most fashionista shop-a-holics, she was sporting a pair of sassy high-heeled shoes. Huh? The spawn of Tom and Kate, barely 4 years old, is already shoving her dogs into those uncomfortable contraptions worn by grown women around the world. Many wear these torture devices to make themselves appear taller, while others think they elongate their gams to create a sexy leg line. And we all know the first thing the preschool set needs is to show off their long, sexy legs.

I personally don't think there's anything wrong with "playing dress up." I have a 3-year-old, and I let her walk around the house in her fake little high-heeled shoes. Then, when we actually have to go outside, she puts on regular age-appropriate shoes designed for optimum walking. You know, kids' shoes.

But if Kate is just letting Suri do a little outside dress up, why stop at the shoes? Perhaps a mini thong, a push-up bra, and a temporary tramp stamp might be the next step. Just sayin'.

What do you think of high heels for little girls?

next: Sauces: Seal the Deal
Cyndi September 22, 2009, 10:52 AM

A picture does not tell the whole story. Get a life!

Natalie September 22, 2009, 11:36 AM

She a 3 year old, and she will most likely wear whatever she wants. Some kids are VERY strong willed, and will NOT allow anyone to change their minds.

j September 22, 2009, 11:55 AM

High heels on a 3 year old - freaking ridiculous. YES, they can be strong willed, however, obviously her parents bought these ridiculous shoes for her in the first place.

Anonymous September 22, 2009, 12:53 PM

to the author-
OMG - will you stop calling them “high heels”! they are like 1 inch heels (barely). why does you care how she dresses her daughter? does it affect you personally? didn’t think so…

Renee September 22, 2009, 1:02 PM

She’s not wearing stilettos and she has a very age-appropriate outfit on. Geez!

S September 22, 2009, 1:04 PM

When did little girls become tramps for wearing little girl shoes. I remember wearing those 20 years ago when I was little. I suppose if you are buying dress shoes they can’t have any type of heel on them either! I don’t see the why it matters what someone elses child is wearing!

SaraSays September 22, 2009, 1:21 PM

author you are STUPID and i feel sooo bad for your little girl, high heels aren’t even close to being like a mini thong, push-up bra or a temporary tramp stamp, you don’t have a life do you? because if you did you wouldn’t be butting in to other peoples lives. get one!!!

Anonymous September 22, 2009, 1:30 PM

I think heels in general shouldn’t be worn by little girls. They trip and fall enough at that age without them.

mrsd September 22, 2009, 2:10 PM

I think she looks cute, just like her mama! There is nothing wrong with these shoes for a girl’s day out with mom. It’s not like she is playing soccer or at a waterpark!!

Kellie September 22, 2009, 2:20 PM

I think the first pic of her feet and dress and shoes was an altered pic. That was a womans feet. And who cares if she wears highs heels. If you had children and tons of money you wouldn’t be so judgemental.

ame i. September 22, 2009, 2:22 PM

The heels aren’t that high.
My younger girl has always loved heels. At 9, she can walk in them better than I can.

Anna September 22, 2009, 7:54 PM

Oh who cares?!?! She looks cute! If she is happy then WHO CARES?! If my daughter wanted to wear high-heels I’d let her! Just make sure you have an extra pair of shoes if she gets tired of them. DUH!!!

Anonymous September 22, 2009, 10:06 PM

comb that kid’s ratty hair

MarMar September 23, 2009, 6:06 AM

I actually agree, she IS too little to wear heels, even if they are low. Even if you’re not worried about over-sexualizing a little girl at this age, I would say there is a concern, if she wears these often, of foot and leg development. My daughter’s grade school has banned shoes with heels due to increased risk of falling and twisting ankles. If you’re not worried about them being age-appropriate in a fashion sense, worry about them for her overall health at least!

And as for Natalie’s comment - Katie is the mom, Tom is the dad, and I’m sure there’s a nanny in the picture somewhere too. That’s three adults who are in charge and should be able to say NO. If that’s not what’s happening when it needs to happen, then there’s a lot more to worry about for Suri Cruise’s future than a pair of heels today.

Pamala September 23, 2009, 7:02 AM

Ummm has anyone seen girl shoes lately? Try finding a shoe for a dress that doesn’t have a heel.

Tammy September 23, 2009, 10:05 AM

My 3 y/o daughter has several pairs of “high heel” shoes that are kept in a bin, along with the rest of her “dress up” clothes. She is permitted to wear them in and around the house but we do not leave the house wearing them, mainly because they are more like toys then shoes.
I think all the comments posted are valid and have to say that…to each, their own! BTW::: LOVE THAT SKIRT!!!!

shelley September 23, 2009, 2:45 PM

I say if you don’t know the whole story then it isn’t for you to decide what is right and what is not. She’s not you’re kid so BUTT OUT!

Alison September 23, 2009, 5:01 PM

I think she looks adorable. I think it’s a much bigger issue when little girls wear age inappropriate outfits.

Anonymous October 17, 2009, 2:32 PM

I honestly think that Suri will realize, after walking all day, that they aren’t the most comfortable but she’s just playing around. But if the little girl can walk around in any kind of “heel” already…kudos to her. :)

AND she’s not doing it to be sexy. I’m sure Suri doesn’t even know the concept, but she see’s mommy doing it and wants to be like her. Remember, they do live a different life than that of the average, blogging mommy. Just saying. :)

Russ October 21, 2009, 2:01 PM

Who cares? They are like 1” heels…grow up and write REAL news. Good grief.