19 (and Counting!) Duggar Family Facts

Dig these 19 bits of Duggar trivia from the family that keeps on growin' and growin'!

19 Duggar Family Facts

Michelle Duggar (maiden name: Ruark) is the youngest of seven children. Jim Bob Duggar is one of two children.

The Duggars met when Jim Bob came to Michelle's house in high school on a door-to-door church visitation. They were married July 21, 1984.

In the beginning of the Duggars' marriage, the couple used birth control. Their first child, Joshua, was born four years into their marriage.

The Duggars now have 10 sons and eight daughters.

Here are all the kids' names in order of appearance: Joshua, Jana, John-David, Jill, Jessa, Jinger, Joseph, Josiah, Joy-Anna, Jedidiah, Jeremiah, Jason, James, Justin, Jackson, Johannah, Jennifer, and Jordyn-Grace.

The only person in the Duggar family whose name doesn't start with "J" is Mom -- Michelle.

Even Jazmine, the Duggars' dog, has a "J" name in keeping with the family tradition.

The Duggars have a new baby approximately every 18 months.

The Duggars estimate all the family members combined have worked approximately 39,000 total hours building their house.

Their house is 7,000 sq. ft, and has 4 washers and 4 dryers.

The boys' bedroom has 10 beds and two bathrooms.

Michelle's been pregnant for over 135 months (11.25 years) of her life.

Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar renewed their marriage vows in 2009.

Every Duggar child learns to play both violin and piano.

The Duggar daily routine includes breakfast and reading the Proverb of the day.

Jim Bob is a former state legislator, who served in the Arkansas House of Representatives from 1999 to 2002.

The Duggars' TLC show "18 Kids and Counting" premiered on September 29, 2008.

The TLC show was originally called "17 Kids and Counting" -- the name was changed on February 24, 2009, for the arrival of Jordyn-Grace.

On September 1, 2009, on the "Today Show," Michelle announced that she is expecting her 19th child.

On October 8, 2009, Michelle and Jim Bob became grandparents when Joshua and his wife, Anna, had their first child, Mackynzie Renee.

next: CIGNA Employee Flips Off Mom of Girl Denied Transplant
Frighten!! :) October 9, 2009, 2:22 PM

There is something extremely scary about this family!!

Kristin October 11, 2009, 7:06 AM

This family never ceases to amaze me. I cannot imagine what it must be like to have 20 brothers and sisters. Or to go through L+D that many times. Go, Michell, go!!

Savannah October 19, 2009, 2:34 PM

Ok I watch these shows from time to time.We talk about other where show where we feel that someone kids must not be happy because you see the children crying a lot .Well in special where Anna had her baby at the words new baby from Michelle mouth two of the younger Dugger children Johanna and Jennifer both broke into tears.They kept crying every time Michelle said the word new baby.They clearly know that the words new baby means something bad to them and make them very unhappy.I think they should be happy and blessed with the children they have and force on raising them instead of being force on having more.

Appalled February 2, 2010, 9:11 AM

The truth is the Duggars are over populating the world. In addition, it is very clear that the siblings are responsible for their own child rearing, which shows that the parents are not capable of caring for all of these children. The 19 children will most likely produce offspring(s) and the cycle of depletion of resources continues. Common sense should tell us that the world has an overabundance of people, without enough resources for all of mankind. It is absolutely irresponsible and selfish to expand one’s family for the sake of expanding one’s religion and religious views. Whether or not one is capable of bearing 19 children, the choice is still there. Will you choose to have less than the 19 children you are capable of conceiving in order to protect the world that your children and grandchildren will live in? Or will you choose to bare the 19 children knowing that they will consume and deplete resources that is already lacking for so many people? Choosing to have 19 children, because you can, is greedy and selfish. With every right there is a responsibility, with every responsibility there is an obligation, and with every possession there is a duty.

Valerie February 3, 2010, 8:29 PM

Why is everyone so worried about how many kids the Duggars have. They are great people and rising there kids GOD way. People who don’t understand the bible, don’t know anything. There is a verse that say If God brings you to it He will bring you though it. God well take of them. Love you all keep doing what God wants you to do. My mom and dad did the same thing and there are 9 of us. We all turn out great. God loves you

R. House February 9, 2010, 7:48 AM

My family and I have enjoyed watching this family grow. As a mother of 3 I admire the strength this mother shows as I know it cant always be easy. The way I see it I have done my children an injustice by showering them with material items, running them here and there and so forth. These children are being taught many lessons I would love to rewind at my own home. God bless you Duggers and faith be with you and your new wee one.

all movie downloads September 11, 2010, 9:14 PM

Hey there, This page is rather educational and fun to read. I am a huge follower from the issues blogged about. I also love reading the comments, but it appears like a lot of readers need to stay on topic to try and add something towards the original topic. I would also encourage all of you to bookmark this write-up to your most utilized service to assist get the term out. Thanks

AnoftArrowZew September 27, 2010, 4:29 PM

seo elite
good seo
backlink building service

tina October 26, 2010, 5:53 PM

I do think michelle should consider stopping now having any more children because of her age and the health risks her and the last baby josie have had that is my opinion . Her and jim bob should start letting the kids grow up so they can live to enjoy their grandchildren .I am a christan and I believe that god would understand if they didn’t have anymore.

tina October 26, 2010, 5:58 PM

tina October 26, 2010, 5:59 PM

tina October 26, 2010, 5:59 PM

Hair Color For Olive Skin November 25, 2010, 1:30 AM

I love quotations because it is a joy to find thoughts one might have, beautifully expressed with much authority by someone recognized wiser than oneself.

Cure Hemorrhoids November 27, 2010, 4:12 PM

Useful website. I appreciate your effort, very well written article.

Turtles In Time Arcade Intro December 9, 2010, 9:08 AM

Skill without imagination is craftsmanship and gives us many useful objects such as wickerwork picnic baskets. Imagination without skill gives us modern art.

Marbella apartments December 10, 2010, 5:22 AM

Very useful info. Thank you, have a nice day!

tavuklu krep tarifi December 14, 2010, 12:34 AM

krep tarifi, tatli krep tarifi, sade krep tarifi, krep hamuru

Phone Pranks From Computer December 17, 2010, 9:46 AM

Pay no attention to what the critics say… Remember, a statue has never been set up in honor of a critic!

Suv Parts And Accessories December 18, 2010, 1:20 AM

Every great advance in natural knowledge has involved the absolute rejection of authority.

Delmar Janway January 7, 2011, 12:28 PM

Nice information. Thanks so much, you describe the topic very well