Hailey Glassman Says Jon's Emotionally Abusive

Jon Gosselin's girlfriend admits she doesn't even know why she loves him.

Hailey Glassman

Hailey Glassman speaks out for the very first time about her relationship with Jon Gosselin as she joins "The Insider" panel tomorrow, Thursday, October 29, and Friday, October 30.

Here are some of the highlights:

• "We're at a point now where I don't know why I love him. He gets frustrated and angry and I'm the one who gets the brunt. He'll call me and take his anger out on me. He has 'mantrums.' I shouldn't have to put up with being emotionally abused. I cry and say why are you so mean to me? He takes it out on me. He talks over me so I can't speak. Sometimes he has trouble with the truth and he will dance and dance around his lies. He's like Jekyll and Hyde. But I still love him."

• "I met Jon in a bubble. I'd never seen the show. I had no idea. He begged me to go to France and I come home to chaos. People judge me before they meet me. I get threats everyday. I get called a home wrecker and a fat whore. People will stare or point. It gets worse everyday. It's taken a toll on me. Jon sees I'm not happy. At what point is it too much?"

• "Kate wouldn't say I was a home wrecker. I have respect for her. She's like a lioness protecting her cubs. That's her turf."

• "He's driven a fork between my family and I. My parents want me to be a normal 22-year-old. It's not a normal relationship. I love him, but as for my family and I, he needs to regain our trust. He lied to my mother."

• "I don't want to leave him all alone. At the end of the day, I love him but I dislike him at times. When I love someone I would never hurt them."

• "I feel I am finally going to get my chance to speak. I have nothing to hide. I hope that people see me as a human being and don't judge me from the media. I can't be the dishrag anymore. I want to continue my life. I want my name to be forgotten."

Sounds like this relationship is doomed. Are you shocked by Hailey's strong statements about Jon?

next: Fussy Baby? Crank Up the Fleetwood Mac!
MarMar October 28, 2009, 1:39 PM

Actually, yes, I am shocked. I’m with her folks on this one. Lose him and get a nice normal boyfriend - someone a bit more drama-free! Plus one thing she said is really sticking with me: “I don’t want to leave him all alone.” She’s feeling sorry for him. She thinks she’s saving him, that she’ll “fix” him. It’s a bad situation to be in, and frankly, I don’t think it can be done. She really needs to assess why she is with him, because pity will only take a relationship so far.

Jenny October 28, 2009, 3:07 PM

Totally shocked, actually changed my opinion a little bit about her. She is 22 years old and naive as most of us were back then. I agree she thinks she is saving this man, that somehow she is special enough to turn around his life. I hope that she will realize that it has nothing to do with her and leave him alone to figure out the mess that he got himself into.

Shaunta October 28, 2009, 3:52 PM

She needs to just leave him alone and find her a man that wont abuse her mentallly. She is only 22 and how is she going to know what a real relationship is if she keeps going on like this.

AG October 28, 2009, 4:06 PM

Run, honey while you can. You are far too young for this treatment. There is a whole world out there to explore and men with less drama in their lives.

mercaties October 28, 2009, 5:30 PM

Sorry. I don’t have a-lot of sympathy for her. She had an affair with a married man with eight kids. Did she really think he’d be a catch.

Jenny October 28, 2009, 6:28 PM

but did she really have an affair or was this an after the separation thing?

Leeza October 29, 2009, 8:15 AM

Hailey,- If a man brings out the “best” in you, not the “worst”, then he’s a keeper! Also, if a man deprives you from having a healthy relationship you shared your whole life with your parents,thats a big RED flag that you shouldn’t ignore! He wants complete dominance and control of you, so he can brainwash and manipulate you, for his own warped and selfish pleasures. You are in great danger, not just emotionally! If he can’t have you under his complete control, he will try to destroy you in more ways than one! RUN! While you still have an ounce of courage, strength and self esteem. You need to pack up and go home to the 2 people that really love you and can support you and protect you.Your parents that is. You are too beaten down to stand up to the narcissist you’ve been living with. Don’t let “love” blind you like it already has. God Bless you and your family!

Anonymous October 29, 2009, 8:57 AM

Pls, she isn’t looking for any advice or way out. She is just as much of a narcicist as he is. The biggest lie in this article “I met Jon in a bubble. I’d never seen the show. I had no idea.”

Teresa October 29, 2009, 10:29 AM

Someone asked was this really an affair? Ummm, yes, considered he’s still married to his wife.

She is young, but she’s no dummy. I don’t even think she’s particularly naive. How can she say she met him in a bubble when she and her family were friends with John and Kate? Her father performed surgery on Kate after Hailey’s mother saw Kate on television -clearly Hailey knew who they were.

This relationship was doomed from the start. He was alledgedly sleeping with the babysitter, and was also dating that reporter from the tabloids. According to John, Kate told him in November ‘08 that there marriage was over. He’s been linked to at least three women other than his wife in less than a year. He’s using this girl, and she’s letting him. I hate to say it, but she will probably stick by John’s side and John will probably be the one to leave her in the end.

Monica October 29, 2009, 11:46 AM

if she realizes now that the relationship is unhealthy then she needs to get out. If you ‘love him” but don’t know why then thats a big problem.

Pharmc967 November 1, 2009, 8:01 PM

Very nice site!

Forum grossesse March 5, 2011, 12:34 PM

A formidable share, I simply given this onto a colleague who was doing a bit of evaluation on this. And he in reality purchased me breakfast as a result of I discovered it for him.. smile. So let me reword that: Thnx for the treat! However yeah Thnkx for spending the time to debate this, I really feel strongly about it and love reading more on this topic. If doable, as you develop into expertise, would you thoughts updating your weblog with more particulars? It is extremely useful for me. Huge thumb up for this weblog submit!