Is Your Husband Stupid?

Is your husband stupid? Apparently, that's what today's advertisers would like you to believe, and perhaps they think it will make you buy their products.

Christina Montoya Fiedler: Take for instance the now infamous Cheerios commercial, in which a husband asks his wife if she is "trying to lose weight," and then subsequently inserts foot in mouth. No husband in his right mind would assume his wife is trying to lose weight and then announce it to her. Watch as the wife tells him to shut up.

And then there is the Yoplait commercial. A husband overhears his wife talking on the phone, telling her girlfriend that she lost tons of weight eating nothing but Boston cream pie, apple turnovers, and white chocolate strawberries. The husband starts rummaging through the fridge in hopes of finding these delectable goodies.

Silly husband ... those are just yogurt flavors. There is not a bit of pie or cake in there. Clearly you are an idiot.

And just when you thought it couldn't get any worse, gentleman, Stanley Steemer, the popular carpet-cleaning company, came out with a commercial that lumps you into the same category as children, teens, and pets. Yes, you all make HUGE messes that require steam-cleaning.

So, is this a trend? There are more than just a few out there. Maybe advertisers finally realize that women are the major decision-makers in every family, and they're just trying to get on our good side by making us feel superior. Good move, guys, but for the record, not all husbands are idiots.

next: When Jealousy is a Felony
Evgeni Malkin Jersey April 1, 2011, 4:23 AM

I wish more people would take down sites like this that are as a matter of fact helpful to read. With all the fuzz ball poppet floating round on the spider’s web, it is rare to pore over a place like yours instead.

erotizm April 3, 2011, 4:00 PM

I think this is among the most vital info for me. And i am glad reading your article. But should remark on few general things, The web site style is ideal, the articles is really excellent : D. Good job, cheers

Wholesale LV Wallets April 3, 2011, 6:08 PM

Advantageously, the advise is in actuality the sweetest on this deserving topic.

Lindsay I. Wise April 5, 2011, 7:04 AM

Hi, - uncovered your internet site by chance whilst drifting across the net this evening, and glad that I did! I like the layout and colours, but I have to point out that I’m having problems when it loads. I’m making use of Lynx 2.8 web browser for mac, and the side panel would not line up nicely. i am pretty sure I have used a matching design on a company’s website, but the menu seems okay on mine. I suspect the mistake is with my browser and I suppose it is time to swap!

Wholesale Oakley Sunglasses April 5, 2011, 8:26 AM

I just couldnt take off your website in the vanguard telling you that we unusually enjoyed the distinction information you offer to your visitors… Will be encourage often to inhibit up on restored posts

Air Max LTD April 7, 2011, 5:58 AM

Great, I have already bookmarked your this time…Now I don’t tease tolerably interval in place of read but by reading beginning part I be compelled say…it was a obstinate start ..

Rodney E. Kent April 8, 2011, 6:30 AM