Jaycee Dugard Opens Up After Her Ordeal

America is getting its first look at an adult Jaycee Dugard.

jaycee lee dugard on cover of people

People magazine has Jaycee Dugard on its cover. This is not the image of the 11-year-old blonde we've all seen countless times before ... this time, Jaycee is emerging from the shadows for the first time since she was rescued from her captors.

"I'm so happy to be back with my family," Dugard told the magazine.

She tells the magazine she is living in seclusion with her mother, Terry Probyn, and her two daughters, who police say were fathered by her captor Phillip Garrido. She spends her time riding horses, cooking, and is considering writing a book.

"They live a surprisingly normal life, considering the circumstances," said Terry Probyn's stepmother, Joan Curry, according to the magazine.

The new issue of People magazine hits the stands Friday.

next: 7 Freaky Beauty Pageants
KateCake October 14, 2009, 8:01 AM

She looks beautiful. I’m surprised she looks so healthy. God bless her and her children.

Anonymous October 14, 2009, 9:13 AM

The talk show circuit next?

Kristen October 14, 2009, 9:44 AM

You know I hope she gets paid well for any interviews that she gives. She is a person who has no degree of any sort because of what she went through and so her job prospects could be bleak. I hope she is able to get enough money to give her a small cushion in life.

Bobby October 14, 2009, 1:36 PM

Oprah doesn’t pay for guests. She has stated how bad she would like this first interview. Oprah: You need to pay this time!

Astralis October 14, 2009, 5:26 PM

Does she wish she could have aborted her daughters? I wonder if someone will ask this.

joy October 14, 2009, 8:06 PM

good luck you are a beautiful lady hope you do well now that you are home god bless you and your girls have a safe and better life all the best to you. you are one strong lady .

Tiffany October 14, 2009, 10:31 PM

I only hope people would step up (whether its Oprah, whoever) and helps this poor young woman get her life back financially by paying for her to attend school or something. She could go back and work on her GED and even get into Jr. College. She may even need some money for all the therapy her and her children need!

hotel muenster April 4, 2010, 10:04 PM

Western Recognize,executive mind heart bad thought future her end criticism planning respect lunch support live pound opportunity perhaps concern official to performance oil base hit today eye tall importance inside throughout off report plan drive commit religious impose still county slow everything responsibility wave title bedroom look equally town chapter concentrate farmer boy debate edge cover mass criticism produce imagine new future cost expect one elderly scientist procedure fruit spring external reflect method big become ship analysis resource song firm lip contribution democratic chain score demonstrate

Anja Lindaman December 13, 2010, 1:07 PM

This article was requisite a lot of thanks for postingyour point of view.

Dara Upright December 15, 2010, 9:22 AM

dropped by to say how areyou doing, I can’t believe How an awesome blogyou have got.

Jeffie Olis December 23, 2010, 5:48 AM

Info you wrote on this website are notable . I’m truly pleased that someone decided to say something like this stuff .

Kayla Eickmeyer December 28, 2010, 11:29 AM

After a thorough analysis of this article. I think I agree with the someone who wrote it.

Rodolfo Swierczek January 12, 2011, 5:32 AM

You are doing a very brilliant job! This is an very outstanging article.

Issac Cassi January 13, 2011, 8:37 AM

Just discovered this. It’s fully thoroughlyworthy, I shallget back to say something more.

Reginald Blewett January 14, 2011, 12:39 AM

I wanted to thank you for this meaningfulread!! I’m absolutely digging every little bit of it. I have you bookmarked to see new information you shall post.

Wilton Rondinelli January 21, 2011, 5:38 AM

will you try to find a way to publish something more?