Jon Gosselin Banned from Birthday Party?

That's his story and he's sticking to it.

jon gosselin

Another day, another complaint from Jon Gosselin. This time, he tells "Entertainment Tonight" that Kate is trying to ban him from Cara and Mady's birthday party.

"It's an all-out battle," Jon says. "She's trying to prevent me from seeing my kids on Mady and Cara's birthday. That's like giving her full custody by obeying her. She can't tell me what to do. I'm not going to allow it. I'm just going to stay. I own the house so I can do what I want."

Jon says he got the following e-mail from Kate: "Due to recent events, it will be too stressful to the kids to have both of us here as planned. I would like to split the evening so they can see us both."

Gosselin says, "She's trying to prevent me from seeing my kids on their birthday because she doesn't want to see me. She doesn't want to hear my apology. She doesn't want to work things out."

next: Sexting Investigation at PA High School Casts a Wider Net
Anonymous October 7, 2009, 1:53 PM

Um, am I reading this wrong? She said “split the evening” - doesn’t that mean he spends some time with them at one point, and she does at another? And since she only mentions ONE evening, aren’t we to presume it’s the evening of the twins’ birthday? I’m failing to see the problem here…

Patty Coleman October 7, 2009, 2:03 PM

Anything that comes out of Jon Gosselin’s mouth is anything BUT the truth. The news magazine shows need to quit giving him all the air time…that just makes him spew more hate and think he really is famous. He needs to shut his mouth and do what the court has told him he must do!! Someone needs to do an intervention and put this guy away for a while until he gets the help he so obviously needs.

Just Sayin' October 7, 2009, 2:36 PM

I agree with Anonymous…what’s the problem? I do not blame her one bit for asking to split the time, the kids deserve some good time with each of them and being in the same room would be too tense for them and hard on the kids. This guy needs to grow up soon!
The original show should have been called Kate plus 9.

chris October 7, 2009, 2:38 PM

Okay, I say we asked Momlogic to do a poll asking us “readers” if they should ban all post about Jon and/or Kate. I know some show on the E channel did the same thing but about Heidi and Spence and the viewers voted to ban them and they did. So I say “ban Jon and Kate”

happy October 7, 2009, 2:39 PM

Both Jon and Kate need to grow up. This is not their birthday. It is the twins birthday. Who is going to expain to them why their father can not stay and celebrate the birthday. Kate needs to stop thinking about how she will feel and start refecting on how the girls will feel. They are probably looking forward seeing both their parents.
Jon should not have told the media. Instead if it is a joint custody day due to the birthday he should just go and celebrate. Do these parents not know that fighting about who will spend time with the girls on this special day may make future birthday sad. Kate should not be on any show telling parents how to parents. Both of them have made a mess of parenting. Jon and Kate needs to take parenting classes. Suggestion Kate/Jon there are a lot of parenting and children group for parents and children who are going through divorce. Try one it may help you understand that the children have to come first

Jen October 7, 2009, 2:41 PM

Ugh!! This man seriously annoys me.. They are in the middle of a nasty divorce where neither one can really stand the sight of each other, so how can that be healthy for the children to see them together in that state. Kate is right, it is better for them to split the day. All the children and the parents can enjoy the twin’s birthday stress-free. Hey Jon, part of divorce is splitting birthdays and holidays…It sucks for everyone involved but that’s the reality of divorce.

Beth October 7, 2009, 2:53 PM

It sounds to me like Kate is trying to be reasonable here. Let’s both have time with the girls on their birthday. Now, if it is “his” time with the girls, then I suppose he can say no, and she’s SOL. On the other hand, if it’s her time? She didn’t have to be reasonable at all.

I’ve never liked him, but now? I’m just so tired of him. So tired.

motherof five October 7, 2009, 3:27 PM

This is so sad. The children will NEVER forget certain chapters in their lives. They do retain memories that were hurtful. The saddest point of all of this is, that it is forever embedded in print. As they get older, trust me, it will always be thrown back in the parents face. “You left us!” It happened to me. They never forget. Give your children the satisfaction of some happiness on their special day. It is their day! You can never go back.You can not hit rewind, edit or delete. You pave the road that they will follow.Unfortunately, their father died during a Thanksgiving Holiday.They never knew we were going to get back together. As for the Gosselins, “Be together, just for one day.Make their smiles return, if only just for one day. They Never forget.

Anonymous October 7, 2009, 4:58 PM

I think jon should of thought about all this before he decided to act like a teenager!far as I’m concerned is he abandoned his family that’s what happens when u go cattin around. I have no sympathy for him at all the site of him actually turns my stomache!kate deserves everything!well I guess he deserves the abandinment award for the year.

Kristen October 7, 2009, 5:00 PM

If I were Kate I would not want to be in the same room either. It also sounds to me as if Kate wants to PREVENT anything from happening on the girls big day between her and jon. Another thing Jon mentioned was that he is mad because Kate doesn’t want to hear his apology, well too damn bad Jon, look at all YOU have done so far. You went on national television and said you despise her and LOVE your 3 week old lover/girlfriend more than you ever loved her, why on earth would she want an apology from you. You need to grow up, shut up and let Kate continue supporting your children because so far you haven’t come up with a job to do that and I know Kate can’t get a job in nursing and be able to afford childcare and quality time for any of those kids. You are the selfish one Jon!!!

Diane October 7, 2009, 5:23 PM

I agree with Chris. Ban this family from all updates. There isn’t anything newsworthy here. Move on, pull the plug on all this drama. Let them deal with their relationship privately, as they should.

littlepeapie October 7, 2009, 6:43 PM

Now radaronline.com is reporting that Jon did not share the remainder of the email where Kate offered to give Jon Sat/Sun to spend with the twins and that was originally “her time”…also, radaronline.com is a gossip website, but they’ve been pretty on the spot with this J&K stuff…..and I think I saw Jon saying in one interview that it was HIS house, he would go when he wanted to…isn’t that what he called the cops on Kate for? Trying to come when it wasn’t his time? He is king of the douche bags!

dessertgirl October 7, 2009, 8:45 PM

Kate most likely offered her time to Jon because she has plans to go away with Steve and it really won’t matter to her if J wants to be with the kids because K has other plans.

Terri October 8, 2009, 8:28 AM

I would have to disagree with the person who said that Kate needs to stop thinking about herself and think about the kids. In the article, Jon states “She’s trying to prevent me from seeing my kids on their birthday because she doesn’t want to see me. She doesn’t want to hear my apology. She doesn’t want to work things out.” Clearly, HE is thinking about saying what HE wants to say to Kate, and HE is using the girls’ birthday party as his platform in which to do it. Also, why is it HIS house, HIS kids, etc.? I’m not a huge fan of Kate’s behavior prior to their breakup, but I’m beginning to see why she did things and acted the way she did. He’s far to immature and self-centered.

Taylor October 8, 2009, 10:41 AM

Wow. Jon is seriously disturbed. He turns splitting time with twins into “SHE’S TRYING TO PREVENT ME FROM SEEING MY KIDS ON THEIR BIRTHDAY.”

barbie October 8, 2009, 1:53 PM

when jon didnt let kate in it was because it was HIS TIME. this is different it is JOINT TIME per the custody agreement. if SHE doesn’t want to see him then she should spend the weekend with the kids and let him be there tonight.
and I agree with chris, BAN THE GOSSELINS!!!!! they’d get along well with ‘herpes’ as chelsea calls ‘speidi’.

Donna October 8, 2009, 2:41 PM

I cant believe you guys are reporting on this..Its a birthday …leave it alone..I think Kate is trying to handle it the best she can..Mario how would you feel if someone stole all your money..I wouldnt let him in the house at all!!Jon go away..Please no more reporting on this loser…

Anonymous October 9, 2009, 5:00 PM

at this point Im getting sick & tired of the comments calling for a ban on J&K reports and for all of it to go away! Seriously, if it truly bothers you why do you click, read and comment on the several posts daily.

Jon, unfortunately, reminds me very much of my own husband. Im no fan of Kate but Jon seriously needs to grow the __ up!