The dad of 8 told all to Larry King ... and he certainly has changed his tune.
More Jon and Kate drama unfolded last night as Jon Gosselin told his side of the story on "Larry King Live." His main message? He wants his kids OFF TV for good.
Here were some of the highlights, in Jon's own words:
• "I'm asking not to be on the show and I'm asking my children not to be on the show. I mean, I don't want them to film anymore. I don't think it's healthy for them. And I -- the reason I don't think it's healthy for them is that we're going through a divorce right now. And I don't think it should be televised. And I think my kids should be taken off the show."
• "Stop filming? I mean that's what I want to do. I don't think it's -- I don't think it's healthy for them. And, you know, now I have a sense of empowerment. Before, I didn't have any representation. You know, I -- I -- I take blame for not being an initiator. I was an avoider. I was passive."
• "I posted the sign today because I don't want -- until we resolve the issue, I don't want any filming, you know, at my house. I mean I -- I have the joint shared custody of my kids and I have every right and it's my voice, as well."
• "I don't want to film. If I wanted to film, I wouldn't be here right now. I would just be, like, OK, we're going to film, we're going to take the money and -- and that's what we're going to do. It's not healthy for my kids to be going through this. I had an epiphany one day. I just looked in the mirror and I said I don't want to be this person anymore. I made mistakes. I know I messed up. I do regret a lot of things. But I have to learn from those mistakes and move forward. There's -- I have a lot -- I have a great lawyer now, Mark Heller -- Mike Heller, who's my manager. I have a great family support from his family, the Glassman family, Haley. And, you know, I have -- I have this sense of empowerment, that I have to take back my life. I have to."
• "I made mistakes. I learned from my mistakes. You know, I -- you know, I regret things. [INAUDIBLE] before it. I mean you've been through a divorce. I mean you know. And, you know -- you know, a lot of people ask me, you know, in the Chris Cuomo interview, I said 'despise.' I really didn't mean 'despise.' I regret saying that word. I 'despise' the fact -- you know, I was very emotional."
• "You know, I'm here to apologize to Kate. I'm here to apologize to a lot of people. I have made mistakes. I apologize to Haley. I have made mistakes. She's the only person that stood behind me and has supported me. The Heller family, the Glassman family, you know, I love them all. I love Haley. But, you know, I really have to be a father here. I can't be a kid anymore. I have to be a man."
• "Listen, we know we're not going to be husband and wife anymore. But we're always going to be mom and dad. We have to work together against this. We have to pull our kids off of television and work this out as a family."
• CALLER: "Hi, Jon. I'm a big 'Jon and Kate Plus Eight' fan. My question is, over the past few months, your behavior has been very contradictory to how we see you on the show as a truly hands-on dad. Who is the real Jon?"
GOSSELIN: "I'll answer clearly. I have made some mistakes, and I have learned from those mistakes. And, you know, I'm the real Jon. You guys have to remember, I quit my job, and I stayed home with the kids for two years while Kate traveled, spoke, and did all that stuff. I'm hands-on. I changed 12,000 diapers in one year. You know, I took care of my wife when I was at the hospital. I did it all. That is me. Now, when Kate wanted a divorce, when she filed for divorce, you know, I struggled. I snapped. I apologize for those things."
What do you think about Jon's tell-all interview? Are you buying it? Comment below.