Jon Gosselin: 'Take My Kids Off the Show!'

The dad of 8 told all to Larry King ... and he certainly has changed his tune.

jon gosselin angry

More Jon and Kate drama unfolded last night as Jon Gosselin told his side of the story on "Larry King Live." His main message? He wants his kids OFF TV for good.

Here were some of the highlights, in Jon's own words:

• "I'm asking not to be on the show and I'm asking my children not to be on the show. I mean, I don't want them to film anymore. I don't think it's healthy for them. And I -- the reason I don't think it's healthy for them is that we're going through a divorce right now. And I don't think it should be televised. And I think my kids should be taken off the show."

• "Stop filming? I mean that's what I want to do. I don't think it's -- I don't think it's healthy for them. And, you know, now I have a sense of empowerment. Before, I didn't have any representation. You know, I -- I -- I take blame for not being an initiator. I was an avoider. I was passive."

• "I posted the sign today because I don't want -- until we resolve the issue, I don't want any filming, you know, at my house. I mean I -- I have the joint shared custody of my kids and I have every right and it's my voice, as well."

• "I don't want to film. If I wanted to film, I wouldn't be here right now. I would just be, like, OK, we're going to film, we're going to take the money and -- and that's what we're going to do. It's not healthy for my kids to be going through this. I had an epiphany one day. I just looked in the mirror and I said I don't want to be this person anymore. I made mistakes. I know I messed up. I do regret a lot of things. But I have to learn from those mistakes and move forward. There's -- I have a lot -- I have a great lawyer now, Mark Heller -- Mike Heller, who's my manager. I have a great family support from his family, the Glassman family, Haley. And, you know, I have -- I have this sense of empowerment, that I have to take back my life. I have to."

• "I made mistakes. I learned from my mistakes. You know, I -- you know, I regret things. [INAUDIBLE] before it. I mean you've been through a divorce. I mean you know. And, you know -- you know, a lot of people ask me, you know, in the Chris Cuomo interview, I said 'despise.' I really didn't mean 'despise.' I regret saying that word. I 'despise' the fact -- you know, I was very emotional."

• "You know, I'm here to apologize to Kate. I'm here to apologize to a lot of people. I have made mistakes. I apologize to Haley. I have made mistakes. She's the only person that stood behind me and has supported me. The Heller family, the Glassman family, you know, I love them all. I love Haley. But, you know, I really have to be a father here. I can't be a kid anymore. I have to be a man."

• "Listen, we know we're not going to be husband and wife anymore. But we're always going to be mom and dad. We have to work together against this. We have to pull our kids off of television and work this out as a family."

CALLER: "Hi, Jon. I'm a big 'Jon and Kate Plus Eight' fan. My question is, over the past few months, your behavior has been very contradictory to how we see you on the show as a truly hands-on dad. Who is the real Jon?"

GOSSELIN: "I'll answer clearly. I have made some mistakes, and I have learned from those mistakes. And, you know, I'm the real Jon. You guys have to remember, I quit my job, and I stayed home with the kids for two years while Kate traveled, spoke, and did all that stuff. I'm hands-on. I changed 12,000 diapers in one year. You know, I took care of my wife when I was at the hospital. I did it all. That is me. Now, when Kate wanted a divorce, when she filed for divorce, you know, I struggled. I snapped. I apologize for those things."

What do you think about Jon's tell-all interview? Are you buying it? Comment below.

next: Track Sex Offenders with your iPhone
Jill October 2, 2009, 12:48 PM

How are the kids harmed? They film 4 hours a week!!! Look at the opportunities and life events they’ve been able to do? Seriously! Is it terrible that they get to go to a Tea House, make bracelets, go to museums? They are so used to a TV camera crew…

Why aren’t people complaining about the Duggars on TV? Or Toddler and Tiaras?

Cherry October 2, 2009, 2:02 PM

I love how all these women think Kate is mother of the year and needs the job. Everything she has wanted is DONATED. The books, personal appearances and shows have covered the kids education. Please. There are plenty of things they can do without pimping out the kids and running their mouths on tv all day. Don’t you women want these kids brought up by their parents instead of Kate’s 3 nannies, personal chef and baby sitters? She always has time to be seen with her boyfriend and going to CNN with 6 different “handlers.” I was at a recent event where she made an appearance. She was a nasty, complaining witch that made EVERYONE MISERABLE. I also have friends in Pennsylvania. This women is focused on her tanning time, pedicures and plastic surgery. Oh yes. And that stupid trailer trash hair too. What a joke. TLC is to blame for keeping this show on the air and these kids in limbo. Shame on you.

Ann October 2, 2009, 2:04 PM

Ladies - didn’t any of you see Kate traveling with the boyfriend earlier this year holding hands and being intimate? Well let me tell you. I SAW THEM. I WAS THERE. She was well on her own adultery before their marriage was ever disclosed to be over. She is just horrible.

hillary October 2, 2009, 2:05 PM

what a scam this entire situation is. go home. take care of your kids.

Joan October 2, 2009, 2:07 PM

This is a very sad situation. I want to take all those kids away from the both of them. Jon and Kate deserve each other. Then again, Jon already has had enough of her.

Rose October 2, 2009, 3:35 PM

All I ever read on Mom Logic are hateful comments. What happened to kindness? What happened to wanting what is best for others? We need to be sympathetic of others because there are tons of families who are going through devastating times right now as well. Instead of pointing fingers, being mean, or speculating…pray for this family as well as any other families you know who are struggling. Actually, it might be someone who reads this. Know I said a prayer for you. Just remember treat others the way you want to be treated.

jayne October 2, 2009, 5:16 PM

prayers are not going to get this woman back to her home to nurture those kids. public opinion may work with those that actually make money off these shows. i feel for these kids, not the mother. she has made it very clear she’s more interested in her own antics than those of her kids.

Osha Robinson October 2, 2009, 7:09 PM

What kind of mother would let her kids suffer on TV. A stupid one! He may own up now but he also needs help too!

Chrissy October 2, 2009, 9:03 PM

I think Jon is right about not filiming the kids anymore. They need to adjust to their parents’ split in private - without filming and the subquent media mayhem that follows them. They are older enough to become awre of those things.
The best thing for any of us to do is to stop buying rags with articles and front covers of Jon or Kate. The kids can see and read them when they are displayed in all the stores. Or hear that stuff from their classmates.
We all had a part in this mediacicus and we should all do your part to end it. When the public is no longer interested, the kids can go on with a more normal life.

Rina October 3, 2009, 9:16 AM

Wow. I can’t believe the comments on this. I’m only 20. But God. You call yourselves mothers? Nurturing? This almost makes me not want to have kids in the future if it turns you into a psycho….

Carol October 4, 2009, 3:33 PM

Jon is a first class jerk. I just wonder if the young girls are too hard for the “fat boy” to keep up with now. Sorry Jon. You have said too many things and I wouldn’t forgive you or forget what you have said. Please keep out and let me watch Kate Plus 8 Minus the JON.

Kristen October 5, 2009, 7:54 AM

You know the way that Jon has acted during this entire divorce makes me somewhat understand Kate’s attitude towards him……she already has eight children to raise she doesn’t need to be a mother to her husband as well. He needs to grow up! As for all the comments regarding Kate being a bad mother for putting her kids on tv, give me a freaking break, if an opportunity like this was presented to you and you couldn’t feed your kids you would NOT have turned it down either.

Seriously? October 9, 2009, 1:55 PM

Seriously? Im sick of all of this. They both have made mistakes and both need to own up to it. Ya, it was wrong for Jon to make a HUGE apology to the entire fricken world basically about his opinions on Kate and his kids. But then again, Kates doing it again. My 11 year old sister is smarter then these two. Why dont they grow up and talk about what they want for their children.

myra November 6, 2009, 2:58 PM

i hate jon. he is trying to act like a victim. and everyone is buying his story. it’s not kate’s fault that they got a divorce it Jon’s fault. he should just get out of the media. i don’t want to see his face again

yesterdaysmom November 20, 2009, 1:15 AM

I think this whole situation is sad and a good example of what public fame can do to destroy a family. The difference between the Duggar family and this family is that the Duggar’s are teaching their children responsibility and family values. Michelle Duggar is a great mom who cares for her children. She has not let fame go to her head. She has not let the tv show dictate any lifestyle changes. Kate, on the otherhand (and Jon too), has let the fame change them. Or perhaps it just brought out their true selves. Kate went from being a great mom who I admired, to a woman I do not respect in any way. My husband and I pray for them when we see the show on tv. I hope Kate begins to focus on her family again. And I truly hope that Jon’s admission to mistakes is sincere. I learned a lot from Kate in earlier shows. And we actually feel a loss that Kate changed so much. Should the kids be on tv? I do not think that the answer to that should be decided based on who is right or wrong. I could care less if Jon is right or if Kate is right. I do not believe that the kids should continue to be on tv while they are going through this. I actually think that Jon and Kate should have kept true to what they always said about quitting the show if it ever began to cause problems in their family. What happened to that? They did not hold true to that one important matter. They could have always continued the show after they dealt with personal matters first.

Anonymous November 27, 2009, 11:16 AM

dominique November 27, 2009, 11:29 AM

I think the show should go on, i know john is struggling but it’s not fair for the kids to have their destiny taken away from them. they love the crew and they love the show. they have so much fun on and off of the show. they didn’t want this though not for them. he shouldn’t take it away, he’s doing it because he feels bad for himself. GIVE KATE A BREAK. she made it fun for the kids what she done wrong. john only brings drama and tears with him to his family. I had enough of him i love the show i am a fan but to see these kids treated like that and i am on kates side she wants the kids happy there happy with the show john should read what most people say of him. i am not saying he’s bad i am just saying he should keep the show and the kids on the show along with him and Kate not Hailey she probably told him to do it or she’ll dump him, i thought Hayley and Kate were best friends from something i read that Kate had written.

-they need to be happy like before the divorce-.

-HAPPY-