TLC Slams Jon as He Tries to Stop 'Kate Plus 8'

He says no production crews can enter the family home.

jon gosselin

Days after TLC dumped him from "Jon and Kate Plus 8," Jon Gosselin has demanded through his lawyers that the show cease production immediately.

"Effective immediately, no production crews are to enter Jon's family home for any reason," a letter from his attorney to TLC says. "In the event that anyone enters the marital property, Jon Gosselin will notify the local authorities to effectuate police action against any trespassers."

A sloppily written sign full of misspellings on Jon's property reads: "Notice: No film crew or production staff from TLC is permitted on this property under penelty [sic] of trespass." Jon Gosselin's name appears at the end of the notice -- apparently misspelled.

Jon's manager tells "Extra" that they have indeed sent a cease and desist order to TLC to try and stop taping the show. "He's been trying to stop the show for a while now," the manager said, adding, "He wants to get his private life with his family back. The kids have been complaining. He doesn't feel that the show is necessary anymore."

TLC has issued a statement, slamming the dad of eight. "We are aware of Jon Gosselin's recent statements, and remain deeply disappointed at his continued erratic behavior. He and the family were shooting as recently as last Friday, without incident, and his latest comments are grossly inaccurate, without merit and are clearly opportunistic. Despite Jon Gosselin's repeated self destructive and unprofessional actions, he remains under an exclusive contract with TLC. Direct filming of the children has been currently suspended, pending further conversations between both parents."

Now Mark Jay Heller, Jon Gosselin's lawyer, has issued the following response:

"As legal counsel for Jon Gosselin, I am totally confident that he will be completely successful in his quest to take back control of his family and preserve, protect and ensure their future well-being by putting the brakes on his divorce and pulling the plug on TLC, the media giant that he perceives as a monster that has exploited and manipulated his family and has been partially responsible for the breakdown of his marriage. Jon is resolved not to allow the TLC Corporate machine to devour his family and promote the monster's best interests over those of his family. TLC and Discovery have been reputed to have generated approximately $186 million dollars for the quarter - compliments of the Gosselin Family, and Jon firmly believes that their greed to continue that cash flow will be trumped by his courage and determination to protect his family."

Wow.

Whose side are you on? Comment below

next: Teacher To Kid: Turn Yankee Shirt Inside Out!
michael B October 1, 2009, 2:33 PM

I doubt he means a word that he said, but his words are dead on. If anyone cared the least for those kids the show would have been ended the minute everyone realized there were serious problems in this family.The greed of the network, the parents and all those involved have taken priority over simple dignity.Welcome to America 2009

A Mom Supporter October 1, 2009, 3:45 PM

Nancy, I admit that my writing was horrible. I’m ranting so I am not worried about grammar or spell check. Just to let you know that comment was full of sarcasm. I don’t feel anyone is exploiting their kids. They just want more opportunities for their children. In addition, they are financially securing their families future. There is absolutely no shame in that. I would bet that most of the people criticizing them would jump at the opportunity if offered a show themselves. Just for clarification, I absolutely love the Rolloffs!!

Anonymous October 1, 2009, 5:29 PM

Nancy, nice to see that you are such a proficient speller! I’m sure you can spell magnanimous but, you need to look up the definition.
CeCe

Jon October 1, 2009, 6:06 PM

I’m on the side of those that turn the TV off.

S.F.. October 1, 2009, 6:07 PM

The show needs to be cancelled period. It is a shame that the children’s parents are divorcing, but to put them on tv while they are going through it, is just horrible. Both Kate & Jon need to grow up and start thinking about their children. End of story.

Anonymous October 1, 2009, 6:56 PM

what a BIG baby jeez douche bag!

Chele October 1, 2009, 7:13 PM

Jon say’s he want’s his family back, But look at what he done to break it up. Now after he found out that he is out of the show he want’s them back.He will soon be out of the lime-lite and not get but a small portion of what is left of his contact. He is just after the money.
Nothing more.

mumof3 October 1, 2009, 7:28 PM

I DO think that Jon is doing this because he got cut from the show BUT this should of been done long ago. The media has destoyed thay family and both of them need to GO AWAY and raise their kids. Kate has said the show must go on because its the pay check… how selfish is that?? The whole country is scrutinizing her and her family and she just wants a paycheck?? She has let the fame go to her head and she needs to be done with her 15 minutes.

vanny October 1, 2009, 7:30 PM

who fault is it really? the parent or the t.v. show? will family come first and if he think is right way to fix his family problem then i hope thats the right decision he making for his family.I LOVE THE KIDS! :D

cc October 1, 2009, 7:41 PM

I definitely think the show should be cancelled. I don’t like either one of the parents. As far as comparing them to the Duggars, there is no comparison. They are an example of what a family should be. They are self sufficient and show their love for each other and are very selfless.

Anonymous October 1, 2009, 8:18 PM

I’ve been through a divorce, it’s so incredibility painful and confusing. Those poor kids will never heal so long as those cameras are in their faces. Please, for the kids’ sake, end that show!

Anonymous October 1, 2009, 9:40 PM

Well, isn’t that nice? Mature Jon is going to take his ball and go home! Not only does he have a bunch of children, and date a bunch of children, he also acts like children do. I have seen him interview and “sing the praises” of the TLC experience for his brood, now they are pulling him from the show and he is acting like the spoiled child once again. I watched the show when it was simplistic and innocent. I thought Kate kept that house running smoothly through her organizational skills and, yes, her demanding and commanding nature. If she had left Jon to his own devices, it is clear that nothing would have gotten done. I think “Kate plus Eight” has a nice ring to it. I hope the media circus dies down and the show can return to its quaint but interesting place in TLCs lineup.

Anonymous October 1, 2009, 9:43 PM

Wow! Everyone wants to talk about Kate’s claws, but Jon seems to have a deadly pair himself! Kate’s vindictive? Kate’s abusive? JOn, BUY A MIRROR!!!

KATHY October 6, 2009, 3:36 AM

YEAH EVERYONE IS HAPPY ABOUT THE SHOW BEING TAKEN OFF,BUT HOW IS THIS GOING TO AFFECT THE CHILDREN FINACAILLY?

JON NEEDS TO GET A REAL MANS JOB AND SUPPORT ALL 8 AND KATE SHOULD BOOT HIM TO THE CURB,HES A DOG AND ONLY IS MAD BECAUSE THEY DROPPED HIM,PEOPLE HAVE TO SEE THIS,HE DIDNT ALL OF A SUDDEN WANT WHATS BEST FOR HIS KIDS,IS EVERYONE CRAZY THAT THINGS THIS?

I DONT SEE WHERE THE SHOW WAS THAT BAD,THE KIDS WERE WELL TAKEN CARE OF BY KATE,SHE WASENT ON A BICYLCE LIKE JOHN RIDING OUT THIER DRIVEWAY WELL THIER CHILD WAS YELLING FOR HIM TO STOP,ANYONE SEE THAT.
KATES A GOOD MOM AND SHES THE ONE THAT STRESSED AS SHES THE ONE THAT HELD THE FORT DOWN.
ANYWAYS LETS HOPE HE GETS OVER THE JELOUSY AND LETS THIS SHOW GO ON.
I ENJOYED WATCHING KATE WITH THE KIDS AND MAINTAINING HER LIFE WITH THEM.SHE DONE A GREAT JOB.

Osha October 6, 2009, 3:51 AM

Grow up and raise your kids and that is all I have to say!

Kristina October 6, 2009, 4:49 AM

So Jon takes money from their account and then tries to put the kabbosh on continuing to make any future money? Nice, Jon. Clearly you’re angry and doing whatever possible to make Kate miserable. While you may not see this as hurting your kids it is. He just continues to show me that he’s not concerned about his children. Totally disgusts me.

Been there... October 6, 2009, 5:42 AM

It’s all a game to Jon. He wants the money and the freedom of being single….oh yeah, he’s interested in his kids, too. So, he’ll whine and complain until he gets a settlement and a portion of ongoing show profits from TLC/Kate and then filming will begin again. Oh, I almost forgot, he’s such a loser that he’ll demand alimony, too. Kate is no prize but at least she’s trying to provide for her family’s future. Can’t say that Jon ever did that.

lisa October 6, 2009, 5:52 AM

Right now the mob seems to be against Jon, however i am not influenced by mob mentality. Divorce can be ugly regardless of who is involved, however when you are under media scrutiny it only enhances an already ugly situation. I remember Jon wanted the show to end last season, and many felt this was the catalyst to their pending divorce. I do not think that either Jon or Kate could of possibly fathomed that the world would be so overly involved and eager to cast judgment on their marital problems. The whole thing is just really sad.

Anyonymous October 6, 2009, 6:49 AM

I would like to know how Jon “Gosh I’m Stupid” thinks he is going to support 8 kids through school and college years without the income of something like TLC. I haven’t seen him with a real job since the show started.

I would tell him when he starts bringing money into the household, then he has the right to say something.

He is doing this all for his kids. How does he think his kids feel about seeing him out partying and running different women all the time?

Give me a break. What a loser!

Carol October 6, 2009, 7:32 AM

I think he has lost his mind what a titty baby whining constantly!! He is only thinking of himself no one else. He is jealous of cait and it shows!! Yes she is a strong person but where would they be if she was like him, you might say he was just another child to add to the mix because this is what he protraying right now!! You go cait my prayers are with you GOD BLESS YOU!!!!!