Mom Feeds Family of Four for $4 a Week

How is this even possible?!

Massachusetts mom Kathy Spencer is so good at clipping coupons that she can feed her family of six for about $4 a week, reports Good Morning America.

The coupon maverick went shopping with "GMA" to show moms everywhere just how she does it:

On her latest shopping trip, Spencer ran up a bill of $267.23, before her coupons were added. After coupons, her bill was one cent. She saved $267.22.

Here are her tips for other moms:

Tip 1: Check Your Store's Policy, See If You Can Use Multiple Coupons on the Same Order

Tip 2: Stockpile Store Credits

Tip 3: Ask Store About Doubled Coupons

Tip 4: Combine Store and Manufacturer Coupons

Do YOU use coupons? Share your money-saving tips here!

next: Casey Anthony Labeled Caylee Trouble?
Casey January 8, 2010, 8:29 PM

I understand wanting to save money, but honestly? Being shameless and cheap isn’t something to be proud of.

SusieQ January 9, 2010, 1:46 AM

I think youre all being too judgemental.
It didnt say that this is ALL she buys - it showed a food cupboard full of tins and packets that are ‘stockpiled’.
She probably makes a meal that has fresh ingredients and packets/tins combined.
Your ‘fresh’ produce is sprayed with pesticides and genetically tampered with - there’s hardly anything ‘organic’ these days.
She did well.

Susie B January 9, 2010, 7:12 AM

This Mom ROCKS!! She is inventive and clever. More power to her. Anyone who says anything to the contrary is merely jealous. She is a great example.

Katie January 9, 2010, 7:20 PM

Wow, I bet the cashier’s and other customers behind her just love her! Seriously though I am a psychology student and was just learning that this type of behavior is associated with compulsive shopping, which is a symptom of an anxiety disorder, and OCD type of behavior. Hopefully that’s not the case for her. I wonder if anyone else has thought of her behavior as troublesome, I don’t know if I should should be disappointed in ABC for glorifying this type of behavior.

Luella May 21, 2011, 4:06 AM

YouÂ’re on top of the game. Tkhans for sharing.

Star May 22, 2011, 8:53 AM

I bow down hbmluy in the presence of such greatness.