Ralph Lauren's Photoshop Retouch Disaster

Reason number #3843 on the list of why our daughters struggle with body image.

ralph-lauren.jpg

At first, the Ralph Lauren photo advertising their Blue Label line of jeans appeared on a website called Photoshop Disasters. And rightfully so. The body of 23-year-old French-Swedish model Filippa Hamilton depicted in the photo doesn't occur in nature. The proportions are more similar to a freakish Barbie doll than a human. To get Hamilton's "uber-skeletal look," the image was probably modified using a Photoshop function called the "Liquify Tool," or more accurately, the "Anorexic Tool."

Model Filippa Hamilton

Then the blog Boing Boing took up the cause and posted a criticism of the image with the caption, "Dude, her head's bigger than her pelvis!" It sure looks that way, especially when you take a gander of another shot of Hamilton in tank-top, suspenders, and normal-sized head.

The skinny on the situation is this: Ralph Lauren's lawyers demanded that Boing Boing take the image down. Boing Boing refused, citing that the post fell under the definition of fair use: "for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting."

Momlogic contacted Ralph Lauren's reps for comment. Here's what they had to say:

"For over 42 years, we have built a brand based on quality and integrity. After further investigation, we have learned that we are responsible for the poor imaging and retouching that resulted in a very distorted image of a woman's body. We have addressed the problem and going forward will take every precaution to ensure that the caliber of our artwork represents our brand appropriately."

Do you think Ralph Lauren is just sorry they got caught for publishing this photo manipulation mess, or was it just an honest mistake?

next: Father Leaves for Iraq, Brings Us to Tears
profile backlinks February 2, 2011, 6:31 PM

Daniel, yea I can see what you did there. I actually favored that half, but hehe I am not that harsh like my dad with these things. He all the time tells me loopy stories back within the day and calls me a loser. I assume it is time I move out of my mother and father’ basement LOL. Aaanyways, what about you? what does your dad suppose xD” Anyway, in my language, there aren’t a lot good source like this.

south beach diet recipes February 2, 2011, 6:41 PM

profile backlinks February 2, 2011, 7:11 PM

Daniel, yea I can see what you probably did there. I actually appreciated that part, but hehe I am not that harsh like my dad with these things. He always tells me loopy stories back in the day and calls me a loser. I guess it’s time I transfer out of my dad and mom’ basement LOL. Aaanyways, what about you? what does your dad assume xD” Anyway, in my language, there are not much good supply like this.

one way backlinks February 2, 2011, 7:22 PM

Took me time to read all the feedback, however I really loved the article. It proved to be very useful to me and I am positive to all the commenters here! It is always good when you cannot only learn, but additionally engaged! I am certain you had pleasure writing this article. Anyway, in my language, there usually are not much good source like this.

one way backlinks February 2, 2011, 8:04 PM

Excellent learn, I simply passed this onto a colleague who was doing a little analysis on that. And he truly bought me lunch as a result of I found it for him smile So let me rephrase that: Thanks for lunch! Anyway, in my language, there aren’t a lot good source like this.

south beach diet recipes February 2, 2011, 8:39 PM

Howdy, i learn your weblog sometimes and that i personal an analogous one and i was simply wondering should you get numerous spam feedback? In that case how do you forestall it, any plugin or anything you may advise? I get a lot recently it is driving me mad so any assistance may be very a lot appreciated. Anyway, in my language, there aren’t much good source like this.

profile backlinks February 2, 2011, 9:50 PM

Fantastic publish! This might aid a lot of people find out about this matter. Do you want to incorporate video clips along with these? It could undoubtedly assist out. Your reason was spot on and owing to you; I probably will not have to describe every little thing to my pals. I can merely direct them here. Anyway, in my language, there will not be much good supply like this.

one way backlinks February 2, 2011, 10:12 PM

I was questioning if you would like to be a visitor poster on my web site? and in exchange you may embody a link your put up? Please reply whenever you get an opportunity and I’ll ship you my contact particulars - thanks. Anyway, in my language, there usually are not much good supply like this.

profile backlinks February 2, 2011, 10:29 PM

There are certainly a whole lot of particulars like that to take into consideration. That may be a great level to bring up. I supply the ideas above as basic inspiration but clearly there are questions like the one you carry up the place a very powerful thing shall be working in sincere good faith. I don?t know if finest practices have emerged around issues like that, however I’m positive that your job is clearly recognized as a good game. Anyway, in my language, there should not much good source like this.

fish recipes February 3, 2011, 12:53 AM

Nicely, this is my very first visit for your weblog! We’re a group of volunteers and beginning a model new initiative in a group throughout the same niche. Your weblog provided us helpful data to work on. You’ve got carried out a marvellous job! Anyway, in my language, there are not a lot good supply like this.

raw food diet February 3, 2011, 12:54 AM

Thank you for the wise critique. Me & my neighbour have been making ready to perform a little research about that. We acquired a great e book on that matter from our native library and most books the place not as influensive as your information. I am very glad to see such info which I used to be searching for a protracted time.This made very glad! Anyway, in my language, there aren’t much good source like this.

fish recipes February 3, 2011, 1:35 AM

Fully perceive what your stance in this matter. Though I would disagree on among the finer details, I feel you probably did an superior job explaining it. Positive beats having to analysis it on my own. Thanks. Anyway, in my language, there aren’t a lot good source like this.

cabbage soup diet February 3, 2011, 1:40 AM

Great write-up, I am a big believer in commenting on blogs to assist the weblog writers know that they’ve added something worthwhile to the world huge internet! (supply roblox-cheats.com). Anyway, in my language, there usually are not a lot good supply like this.

cabbage soup diet February 3, 2011, 2:05 AM

Wonderful information here. This fascinating put up made me smile. Perhaps for those who throw in a couple of footage it would make the entire thing more interesting. Anyway, in my language, there aren’t much good source like this.

fish recipes February 3, 2011, 2:19 AM

cabbage soup diet February 3, 2011, 2:47 AM

There are actually plenty of details like that to take into consideration. That may be a great level to convey up. I provide the thoughts above as general inspiration but clearly there are questions like the one you deliver up where crucial factor will likely be working in honest good faith. I don?t know if finest practices have emerged round things like that, but I’m sure that your job is clearly identified as a good game. Anyway, in my language, there are usually not a lot good source like this.

cabbage soup diet February 3, 2011, 3:28 AM

Howdy, i learn your weblog often and i personal an identical one and i used to be just wondering in case you get loads of spam comments? If so how do you forestall it, any plugin or anything you possibly can advise? I get a lot lately it’s driving me mad so any assistance is very a lot appreciated. Anyway, in my language, there aren’t much good supply like this.

fish recipes February 3, 2011, 3:47 AM

Hello, i learn your weblog often and that i own the same one and i used to be just questioning in the event you get loads of spam feedback? If so how do you stop it, any plugin or something you may advocate? I am getting a lot these days it’s driving me mad so any help may be very much appreciated. Anyway, in my language, there aren’t much good supply like this.

link wheel February 3, 2011, 3:48 AM

Your weblog is fine. I just wish to comment on the design. Its too loud. Its doing way an excessive amount of and it takes away from what youve received to say —which I feel is basically important. I dont know if you happen to didnt suppose that your phrases could maintain everyones attention, however you had been wrong. Anyway, in my language, there aren’t a lot good source like this.

xrumer service February 3, 2011, 3:59 AM

Can I make a suggestion? I think youve bought something good here. However what in case you added a couple links to a page that backs up what youre saying? Or maybe you would give us one thing to look at, one thing that will join what youre saying to one thing tangible? Only a suggestion. Anyway, in my language, there usually are not much good supply like this.