What a Way to Find Out about an Affair!

Another high-profile television personality acts like a low-life. It's all in the letter Steve Phillips' mistress sent to his wife!

steve philips affair letter view now

Yep, ESPN analyst Steve Phillips admits to having an affair with an assistant at the sports cable network. Phillips, 46, and a father of four, didn't have much choice. Brooke Hundley, the 22-year-old he's been involved with, sent a graphic letter to Phillips' wife, Marni, describing their sordid relationship. Here are some horrible highlights:

"My name is Brooke ... I am the woman he's been seeing for awhile now, I'm not some random girl he had sex with in parking lots."

"While he's glad you decided to stay at home, he enjoys being with me because I have more of a passion and drive to really do something with my life."

"We talk about his life when he went to see [your son] pitch and how he did and that he's starting football practice."

And then, as if reading that your husband is having an affair with a woman half your age and that she and your husband have discussed your kids ... Brooke pulls out all the stops:

"To top it off Steve has a big birthmark on his crotch right above his penis and one on his left inner thigh. SO you see I'm not being fake."

Phillips' defense is laughable: "Over a three-week span, I had a total of three sexual encounters with her," Phillips said in his police filing. "Those were the only times I spent any time alone with her." ESPN has temporarily suspended Phillips, and his wife has filed for divorce.

What would you do if YOU got a letter like this?

next: First Look at Nicole Richie's Baby, Sparrow
Jolie October 21, 2009, 12:20 PM

Men are pigs. This happens so frequently now that I’m not even surprised anymore!

PlumbLucky October 21, 2009, 12:49 PM

Funny…I actually received one similar; granted, my boyfriend at the time was not a celebrity anyone, but still.

My reaction to him: You, out, now. Don’t let the door hit you. No, really, OUT (thank god we weren’t married)

To her: Keep him, he’s yours. And by the way, in case you’re wondering, no, we aren’t friends anymore.

In the twelve years since, she has sought me out repeatedly for advice and to cry on my shoulder. They’re married, but the leopard has not changed his spots a bit, i.e. they’re paying support to three separate baby-mamas (all for children begat and born during that marriage to other women…). I’m happy, married, and don’t even bother when I see her number blip on my caller ID.

Anonymous October 21, 2009, 1:34 PM

what a douche…..both of them!

Gigohead  October 21, 2009, 5:13 PM

Looks to me that this guy was doing this ugly girl a favor. she seems to me that she’s so desperate. Seems to me that she has no shame to her game.

Black Iris October 21, 2009, 6:12 PM

Wow, I just read through the letter. The girl is very young and naive. She’s convinced herself the married man she’s sleeping with is really in love with her and doesn’t love his wife. He doesn’t want to leave his wife. He’s not telling his wife about her. Still, the mistress somehow believes that he’d rather be with her. I’m sure he’s really fond of the girl now that he’s being forced into a divorce and his wife has lots of evidence of the affair to use in court.

Wise up, kid. Married men rarely choose to leave their wives for the other woman. In the unusual cases where they marry the other woman, they’re very likely to be divorced or unhappily married a few years later. This is especially true when there is a large age difference.

jo October 22, 2009, 11:17 AM

ID LIKE TO STUN GUN THIS PIG IN THE BALLS TILL IT FRYS OFF ALL HIS PUBIC HAIRS!