Two Sets of Twins Within Ten Months

No, we're not kidding.

Last December, Samantha Lopez gave birth to a set of twins. Last week, she gave birth to ANOTHER set of twins. Two sets of twins within a year!

Lopez already had two kids by the time she turned twenty. Now she and her boyfriend Lorenzo Saldana aren't working because they are taking care of all of their SIX KIDS by themselves! Whoa.

The couple says they are managing financially but do depend on food stamps to eat. Saldana plans to go back to work once the younger set of twins are more self-sufficient.

After Lopez had her Caesarean section, she also had an operation to make sure that was her last set of twins.

Can you imagine having two sets of twins within one year? It boggles the mind!

debbi October 9, 2009, 6:43 PM

god bless this super woman and the father of her set and sets of twins.

If she needs to know what her life will be for the next 15-20 years she may contact me personally…….

Dakota October 9, 2009, 7:29 PM

I hope everyone enjoys paying for her food. but not jut her, everyone who has a ridiculous number of kids and steals from everyone else, i’m all for a more socialist society but truly we need to regulate things like this.

nina October 9, 2009, 7:34 PM

I have six kids as well, and I’m also running a business, as well as getting my degree. I admire her, but I’m just saying it could be harder.

ashley October 10, 2009, 6:07 AM

That kinda grosses me out. You’re supposed to wait 6 weeks to have sex. Seems to me they wasted no time!!

samantha October 10, 2009, 10:51 AM

Super Woman? And you admire her? WTH? She makes me sick. Stop having children if you can’t afford to feed them. Why should we applaud uneducated UNEMPLOYED idiots who have 6 children????

Anonymous October 10, 2009, 4:05 PM

I’m with samantha…6 kids and she’s can’t afford them. crazy! I am not all for socialism, if you have them, you should have to pay for them. I don’t understand why her boyfriend can’t work the older two look old enough to be in school and the 2 babies should sleep about 20 hrs a day. Just another lazy couple trying to live off the system.

Shadale October 10, 2009, 7:37 PM

Of course a mexican. Now we get to support more mexicans. She should have kept her legs closed. Makes me sick. What low lifes. Super mom yeah what ever.

Kristin October 11, 2009, 6:41 AM

I cannot imagine having so many little babies! Just the 4 under 2 would be hard enough. I wonder how old the other kids are… She’s braver than I am!

Daisy October 11, 2009, 6:51 AM

They continue breeding like rabbits at our expense. They’re not admitting that she gets welfare. After all, she is a single mother. Oh, and don’t forget the free medical care and hospital stays. Most of us get socked with huge co-pays but not them! If it weren’t so simple and they had to struggle, they wouldn’t continue having babies. Those that think she’s a super woman need to get their head out of the sand.

TaxpayingMomma October 11, 2009, 10:36 AM

I watched this CNN clip and did a little goggling. I find their myspace pages. Seems the dad likes the maryjane and mom says she is living the good life. Of course she is! At our expense! This angers me three ways from Sunday! Get a job Lorenzo!

mercaties October 11, 2009, 2:43 PM

Different states must have different fooodstamp laws. I live in Wa state and in order to get foodstamps here you have to be employed but make under a certain amount a year or you have to qualify for social security disability (you can’t actually be unemployed and recieve state benefits) My point is that not everyone who gets foodstamps is “living off everyone else” most of the people who get foodstamps actually pay taxes just like the rest of us. Some of you don’t really understand the programs. As far as these two though, they need to put the babies in daycare and find jobs.

chris October 12, 2009, 3:34 AM

I don’t understand why he isn’t working and as far as she’s concerned, she won’t be able to work atleast until her newest twins are two because most states prohibit childcare working to have more than 2 babies at a time. You know I’m all for helping people but people need to help themselves first. Why after just having twins would she go and get pregant again? Did they both really work before this? Or is this just a way to live off the system? I noticed that they are not married…is that because she gets more benifets as a single mom? And then, I have to ask the final question…are they even legal American citizens? Sorry I feel no sympathy for them. I wish women would stop having babies who can’t afford to care of them.

Taxpayingmomma October 12, 2009, 5:33 AM

Mercaties, I understand what you are saying and I don’t begrudge helping someone help themselves but that isn’t the case with this couple. Neither one has a job! They said it themselves. I’d feel better if one of them had at least a part time job. You’d think they’d learn to use condoms after the first couple of kids.

Momof2 October 12, 2009, 8:14 AM

Shadale—
I find your comment incredibly offensive, and racist. It’s not just Mexicans (please learn how to spell) who are having a ton of kids and depending on other taxpayers to foot the bill. I am a proud Mexican physician and every day I see countless lazy, uneducated Anglos who take advantage of the government just the same. Please do the genetic pool a favor and keep YOUR legs crossed!

Teresa October 12, 2009, 8:29 AM

Number of children aside, I find some of the comments that have been made about this woman’s race and socioeconomic background extremely racist and degrading! “Of course she’s Mexican. Now we get to support more Mexicans.” Give me a break! I dont’ know what race you are, but I have seen other races outside of Mexican who had a gang of children they couldn’t support, so don’t go there! Also, her level of education was not mentioned, but somehow that was worked into someone’s post. Didn’t Octomom have a college degree? Clearly, going to college doesn’t exempt you from not making the best choices when it comes to family planning. I’m not not calling this mother a superwoman or even saying this couple has made the best choices but the level of disrespect shot their way is totally uncalled for, PERIOD!

Sandra October 12, 2009, 4:33 PM

OH Whatever Theresa, Do you really think educated people have 6 children out of wedlock? Its obvious she is one of the many Mexicans who have learned how to work the system, not get married and expect the rest of us to support her litter! I don’t apologize. If the stereotype fits wear it! No one made her have these children and then go on tv, to put her ridiculous life out there for us all to see- She put herself in this position and I do not feel sorry for telling it like it is. Get a da** job, pay for your own children but don’t go on tv while expecting the rest of us working moms to have sympathy for you!

Anonymous October 12, 2009, 5:41 PM

I am with sandra - I’m so tired of being so p.c. about everything. This country is just making a bunch of unresponsible and lazy people. If you want a lot of kids then get out there and work your a$$ off to support them. Just don’t sit back and expect the government to do it. I don’t understand how things work these day. It used to be a good thing to do the right thing like get married first then have a family and then support your own family but now days everyone wants to do it by having kids first maybe or maybe not get married and expect someone else to pick up the slack in raising their kids. And yes Teresa, I would like to know if they are legal AMERICAN CITIZENS. If that makes me racist, then I guess I’m a racist.

Anonymous2 October 12, 2009, 5:57 PM

To the above anonymous; you are so dense. Why would an undocumented couple go on national TV to tell their story??? Sadly, you people are missing the point!! This is not about race. There are plenty of AMERICAN CITIZENS (Mexican or not) littering the world with +++ children. Ever heard of Jon and Kate? I guess that is ok since we support them by buying the products they advertise (excuse me, they call that a “full time job” in reality TV), Octomom (wonder what she does for a living), the Duggars and I live in Utah—so you do the math!!!

Anonymous October 13, 2009, 4:59 AM

I’m not “missing” the point. I don’t care what race they are because I agree that there are plenty of white, black, yellow and whatever color of people who live off the system as well but I do care if they are here illegally (yes, that is criminal and breaking the law) and if so they are not paying into the same tax system that were are and therefore living off of money that they are not entitle to. And as for as why they would tell their story if that was true, I have seen other stories on tv and read other stories in the newpaper about people who are here illegally and are having a hard time these days spending money home to their family so yes they do sometimes put themselves out there. It’s not like our government is gonna go find them and send them back to where they belong.

Teresa October 13, 2009, 7:31 AM

@Anonymous 2 - Thank you! My point exactly! The entire point of my post is just that….people are pointing out how this woman is MEXICAN (big deal) an uneducated (making an ASSumption about her educational background) without knowing the FACTS! IGNORANCE, plain and simple, especially when you can point name people in the news RIGHT NOW who are neither Mexican, or uneducated!

@ Sandra and Anon. - I guess white people haven’t figured out how to work the system….oh, I’m sorry, statistics show there are more white families on Public Assistance than any other race (check the facts on that!) Anyway, I said earlier, I DO NOT agree with their choice to make babies they cannot support. I think it is unfair to her CHILDREN to put them in this situation. I mean, come on, your taxes would remain the same if this woman had these children or not! I posted that to jump on her race and education is wrong. And yes, it not only makes you a racist but ignorant. And anon., since you don’t know if they are legal or illegal (although I doubt you REALLY care about that) why don’t you investigate and get back to us on that one.