Christie Brinkley's New Gig: Tea Party Angel

Most American girls don't realize that girls in other countries don't have Wiis, "Hannah Montana," or American Girl dolls -- or even the basic necessities like schools or shoes.

Christie Brinkley at Tea Angels Event

Vivian Manning-Schaffel: Tea Party Angels is a fun, innovative fund-raising program for mothers and daughters that raises awareness and money for the underprivileged, while giving girls the opportunity to host their very own tea party.

Fresh from the Tea Party Angels launch party in NYC, Tea Party Angel, supermodel (and momlogic fan!) Christie Brinkley and Tea Party Angels founder Cheryl Beck sat down with momlogic to tell us about Tea Party Angels and how you guys can earn your own set of wings:

Momlogic: Cheryl, how did you come up with the tea party idea?

Cheryl: There's so much movement around helping girls' education around the world. I really feel passionate about it -- and I wanted to use my creativity and marketing talent to put something together and give back. I tried to come up with something that would be like a party in a box -- something really easy in terms of a fund-raising opportunity.

ML: Christie, aside from being here today, you and your daughter host the Tea Party Angels video. How did you get involved?
Christie:
They tracked me down and I'm so thrilled and honored that they did. I really feel that our kids should be giving back, and that girls are overlooked. They really don't understand the power that they have. Girls and women are naturally nurturing, and so to actually tap into that power and give them a way that they can literally change the world is so amazing. It's wonderful for our daughters to come to understand that they can make a difference.

ML: A girls-helping-girls-by-doing-something-girly concept? What a win-win!
Cheryl:
I thought if there are girls that need help around the world, then what better opportunity than to have girls in the U.S. helping them and really learning that all girls don't have the same privileges that we have. There are so many girls that don't even know that girls in other countries don't have schools. So, part of our mission is to spread awareness, and that will foster the spirit of wanting to give back in charity. But it has to start with an understanding that these girls don't have the same basic necessities.

Christie:
The event actually illustrates to them how they can help people. It's not just an abstract concept. They can learn about the chain of events that happen when they get involved. They learn that they can either stay in front of a computer or TV set, or go out to an event and raise some money -- which in a third-world nation is a ton of money -- and they can see what happens when a girl their age is exposed to a book, a school, a library ... it opens up an entire world of opportunity and possibilities.

I just think it's so wonderful. I was shocked to learn that no one else has empowered young girls. It's amazing how many kids really want to help. We just need to provide them with a formula. The tea parties are a really fun formula -- they can see their friends while giving back and making a difference.

ML: What are your goals for Tea Party Angels?
Cheryl:
I want thousands and thousands of mothers and daughters hosting tea parties across the country. Even if the tea party raises a little bit of money, it'll add up to millions and really make a difference.

Setting up one of these tea parties is easy-peasy. Through the Tea Party Angels website, you can learn how to set things up, order the party goods, and choose to donate to charities like Room to Read, Central Asia Institute, The Orphaned Starfish Foundation, and Miracles In Action.

next: A Lesson In-Between
hotel thailand buchen April 21, 2010, 7:12 PM

Provide Enjoy,leaf human trouble closely already maybe sign all yeah definition check fee teaching entirely football firm marriage please individual visit apart accident hope head absolutely dress central far currently marry until option pay through arrangement mind face volume nuclear chair where respect writer brain property section long assumption passage credit slip sight equipment suppose begin justice help committee drug okay trip name result myself offence approve low me old properly hand route fire confidence create move channel model return display talk request clean confirm plenty information

valium December 1, 2010, 2:21 PM

Moving and powerful! Youve certainly got a way of reaching people that I havent seen very often. If most people wrote about this subject with the eloquence that you just did, Im sure people would do much more than just read, theyd act. Great stuff here. Please keep it up.

King Of Jungle Baby Shower Ideas December 15, 2010, 2:36 AM

Your first appearance, he said to me, is the gauge by which you will be measured; try to manage that you may go beyond yourself in after times, but beware of ever doing less.

Sweet Sixteen Birthday Party Themes December 17, 2010, 7:55 AM

Coming home from very lonely places, all of us go a little mad: whether from great personal success, or just an all-night drive, we are the sole survivors of a world no one else has ever seen.

Used Outboard Motors In Alaska December 17, 2010, 9:37 AM

Laughter and tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion. I myself prefer to laugh, since there is less cleaning up to do afterward.

best web hosting January 1, 2011, 7:27 AM

I’ll gear this review to 2 types of people: current Zune owners who are considering an upgrade, and people trying to decide between a Zune and an iPod. (There are other players worth considering out there, like the Sony Walkman X, but I hope this gives you enough info to make an informed decision of the Zune vs players other than the iPod line as well.)

squamous cell cancer January 2, 2011, 4:43 PM

Squamous cell skin cancer is the most second kind of carcinoma in the world.

dieta personalizata January 3, 2011, 5:29 PM

I have beeing scouring the Internet for such information and i wanted to say thanks to you for this post. BTW, just off topic, how can i find a copy of this theme? – Regards

Hostnine User Reviews January 9, 2011, 5:21 AM

Very efficiently written information. It will be beneficial to everyone who utilizes it, as well as yours truly :). Keep doing what you are doing - for sure i will check out more posts.

Unlock iPhone 2G January 13, 2011, 4:28 AM

Just to let you know your site looks really strange in Mozilla on my Ubuntu .

Belgrade Hostel January 14, 2011, 1:10 AM

Good post this will help me.

fall wedding color ideas January 15, 2011, 1:57 AM

test inteligenta January 19, 2011, 6:58 PM

I was beeing trying to find the Web for this info and i wanted to thank you for this post. By the way, just off topic, how can i get a version of this theme? – Regards

current stamp price 2011 January 22, 2011, 1:16 AM

Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it’s a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from.

bedroom window treatments January 22, 2011, 5:41 PM

Can I reference this post from my website? I find myself at your site more and more frequently to the point where my stops here are about every day now! Thanks once more for sharing this up. I certainly liked every bit of it.

Micha Pals February 6, 2011, 7:45 AM

Hello. splendid job. I did not anticipate this. This is a fantastic story. Thanks!

Kimberley Guelpa February 10, 2011, 1:32 PM

Considerably, the post is actually the freshest on this worthw hile topic. I concur together with your conclusions and can thirstily look forward to your future updates. Saying thanks won’t just be sufficient, for the exceptional clarity in your writing. I will be able to immediately grab your rss feed to remain abreast of any updates. Pleasant work and far success in your business endeavors

Wyatt Polak February 10, 2011, 4:59 PM

I just want to mention I’m new to blogs and definitely liked this page. Very likely I’m going to bookmark your website . You really come with good well written articles. Many thanks for sharing your website.

Santo Greenan February 24, 2011, 8:38 AM

Great post I trust your leading points and assume the title says it all, I enjoyed reading and I can surely come back from time to time to read a lot of of your writing. sustain the nice work

Bertram Pascucci February 25, 2011, 12:09 AM

How is it that just anybody can write a web site and obtain as popular as this? Its not like youve said something incredibly impressive –more like youve painted a pretty picture over a difficulty that you recognize nothing concerning I don’t wish to sound mean, here. but does one really suppose that you will go away with adding some pretty footage and not really say anything?