Father Executes Teen Son for Molesting 3-Year-Old Sister

ABC News: A 15-year-old boy who was killed by his father in an execution style killing spent the last moments of his life pleading, "No, Daddy! No!"

jamar pinkney jr kills teen son

Jamar Pinkney Jr. was shot in the head Monday by his 37-year-old father, Jamar Pinkney Sr., who allegedly made the teen strip his clothes off and kneel in a vacant lot before he was killed by a single bullet.

The boy's mother, Lazette Cherry, told the Detroit Free Press that Pinkney Sr., showed up at her Highland Park, Mich., home after she told him that their son had made a startling confession.

According to Cherry, the 15-year-old had admitted to having "inappropriate contact" with his 3-year-old half sister.

"I called and told his father this isn't something you sweep under the rug," Cherry, who was unable to be reached by ABCNews.com, told the paper.

Pinkney Sr. began by pistol whipping his son in the living room where the teen lived with his mother before taking him outside, despite Cherry's pleas to stop.

The father marched the naked boy into the lot and made him kneel down. As the boy pleaded for his life and his distraught mother looked on, Pinkney Sr. allegedly executed the boy with a shot in the head.

Pinkney Sr. was charged with first degree murder and if convicted, could spend the rest of his life in prison. The judge entered a "not guilty" plea on behalf of Pinkney. He is also charged with three counts of felonious assault and one count of felony firearm.

Video of the arraignment shows a relative of the child being taken out of the court room after screaming "No, no, no," when Pinkney Sr. was led into court.

His lawyer, Corbett O'Meara, called the incident a "devastating tragedy."

"My client is in shock and in mourning, but is hopeful that his family will be able to come out of this in as whole a state as possible," said O'Meara.

O'Meara said that Pinkney Sr., who turned himself into authorities, had no previous criminal history and had worked "for years" as a letter carrier for the United States Post Office.

Boy Killed by Father Was Known as Teddy Bear

"No individual has the right to exact the death penalty on another no matter how reprehensible the behavior," prosecutor Kym Worthy said in a statement. "That is why we have laws."

O'Meara told ABCNews.com that he hopes Worthy will "realize the case is far from straight forward" and requires something "other than the most aggressive" punishment.

And even though Pinkney Sr. had never been diagnosed with mental health problems, O'Meara said that if the allegations of the murder are true, "there must be issues with his mental health."

Meanwhile, the community where the child was raised is mourning the loss of a boy they say was known by friends as "teddy bear."

Volunteers at the high school where Pinkney Jr. was a sophomore said the teen was "always smiling," according to The Detroit News.

The principal at Martin Luther King Jr. High School, Deborah Jenkins, told the paper that Pinkney Jr. was "well-liked" and that the school community has been "shaken badly" by his death.

"He was articulate. He passed his courses with A's, B's and C's. Everyone knew him to be a nice, quiet boy," said Jenkins.

Read more stories moms are talking about.

next: Channeling 'Shallow Hal'? Some Obese People Do, Study Says
gbmonkey November 19, 2009, 1:50 PM

I am wondering if maybe the boy was caught in the act. The report I read was that the boy ran out of the house naked and there was an aunt in the home that went next door to get help. I do not feel sorry for the boy very tragic story.

Mic November 19, 2009, 3:26 PM

I am speechless.
Wait, I found my voice. Is it general knowledge that molesters were most likely molested themselves? Soooooo, instead of getting him the help he needs & finding out who may have done this to him, he killed him? Maybe the father molested the son & didn’t want it to come out? Crazy-I am so shocked. My dd was molested by a teen family friend, & I don’t think he needs to be killed. I believe he needs help & that is what he is getting. She wasn’t penetrated, but it was still traumatic. Even when we 1st found out, I didn’t want him dead. I wanted him locked up though. IDK-a teen? Who didn’t even have any kind of mental/emotional issues before? There is way more to this story.

tyydyy November 19, 2009, 3:59 PM

When my 6 y.o. daughter was raped I lost all sense of rational thought and action. I just wanted to kill… no… torture and kill the rapist. I didn’t consider the possibility that my daughter would be without a father if I were in prison. I only could think in terms of destroying the miserable existence of the bastard that raped her.
What this man did may not be right or just but as the father of a raped child I understand.

in counselling November 19, 2009, 7:01 PM

I was molested/raped & sodomized, then he tried to kill me twice this all by a family memeber when i was 8yrs old he was 17yrs, I am still being affected some days I wish someone had killed him, but God is the ultimate judge and for my peace I have to depend on Him.

GPC November 19, 2009, 10:34 PM

Trying hard to feel sorry for the 15 year old, but it’s just not happening. Feel more sorry for the father.

Margaret Ann November 20, 2009, 8:31 AM

One less adult child molestor walking amounget us pretending to be regular just like the rest of us who know that having relations with a child is wrong—and in this case a deadly sin.

chris November 20, 2009, 6:05 PM

there’s no right both ways here, no justice will be done for his 3yr old ,and i understand what the father was feeling but he should not have kill his own son that’s cold blooded and that’s why there is laws for this,he didnt think of his daughter growing up without a dad, and now she is more likey to get molested now,there’s alot more to this the boy did confess so he wanted to stop and was going to tell who molested him, maybe his dad knows he needs to get life in prison!!!

Mega November 20, 2009, 7:01 PM

My comment is that in the instant there was no time to think. Now the mother has to barry a son, and visit his father in jail. No one won is this, not even the little girl. I think that after that father has some time to think about the situation he’ll feel alot different. I believe he just snapped I also agree that there is alot more to this story. Children just don’t molest other kids most of the time they have been molested as well. So now his dad still has to live with not knowing the whole story. Plus the mother couldnt have actually thought the father was going to react in a good way. I think his temper has been shown on more than this occassion she should have had the police there it could have saved her son’s life. God help this family!!!!!!!!!!

sickend by people November 20, 2009, 7:30 PM

People that have the mindset of Margaret Ann(posted above) disgust me. This child was asking for help, so its obvious he knew what he did was wrong! I’m not excusing his actions. It’s the people that see no wrong doing I’m their evil that should scare you. That so called father has failed both of his children. The one person that should’ve helped him, took his young life. I was molested by someone that saw no wrong in what he did because growing-up that was normal in their home. But I was raised to know better. A lot of this madness could be stopped with better parenting. Not ignorance twisted lady!

Pip November 22, 2009, 4:03 PM

Does nobody else think that it odd that there were no signs of sexual assault found on the child?

taa November 24, 2009, 6:35 AM

not sure wat 2 think of this

Anonymous November 24, 2009, 9:24 AM

This makes me sick for this poor teen boy!! What is wrong with all of you who say you don’t feel sorry for him? You don’t know the details! You do NOT know if the allegations are true. And even if they are, sounds like this boy confessed over guilt. And what he went through was a million times worse than anything he could have done. It is a sick society when we cannot feel pain for this boy!!! SHAME on this country when we allow things like this to happen. I hope they fry that miserable excuse of a father!!!!!!!

ashley December 3, 2009, 2:05 PM

for you all that are saying that the father is right you are sooooooo wrong i feel sorry 4 him because he didnt deserve to die like that if anything he could of gotten help before it got any worse

sherry December 8, 2009, 3:57 PM

Don’t you think that the father is not all right in the head either? I mean, he mde his son strip naked and made him kneel down. What was the point of that. Sounds like the father is messed up in the head just like the son is.

lainey February 13, 2010, 10:43 AM

Watching this story unfold on Fox2 was gut wrentching because I am a strong believer in the death penality and I just don’t even know where to go on this one. I feel as if that is one less future rapist, child molester, social degenerate out on the street. Then I feel like that father who had to deal with his son before anyonelse potentially would or could. The whole scene is just sad.

all cried out!! March 23, 2010, 10:12 PM

omg…doing a paper on precious for school and I came across this incident! I don’t believe this, I have tears in my eyes just reading this. First I feel sorry for the girl who was rape by her brother my heart goes out to you. I know a lot of you have hate towards the 15yr old, don’t get me wrong I do to, but its hard to look at when you own father take your life. I mean the words that came out his mouth daddy please didn’t mean anything,I know you was thinking about your girl but that’s your son as well, you should have let the prosecutor, jury, or judge deal with that insteaf of it being over your shouldes!

all cried out! March 23, 2010, 10:23 PM

I know I have a lot of mispell words on here, but I was typing fast and didn’t have time to proofread. Sorry

Ellie July 5, 2010, 9:11 PM

I don’t care if I was in the wrong if I killed the molester of my child. I don’t care if it’s my own flesh and blood, because I’m so angry. I think the father was just consumed by rage, and I would too. Who wouldn’t? Your child is being molested here. I would want that bastard to die. I don’t care who it is.

Miss Mo July 15, 2010, 3:49 PM

When I heard about this incident, I was speechless. I couldn’t believe that a father would kill his child execution style. In a way I understand why the father did that, but I also feel like the boy was crying out for help. Think about it, once a molester always a molester, there was no way this boy was ever going to be right again. I felt like the dad should of approach the situation differently. May god bless this family….

Anonymous August 5, 2010, 2:39 PM

This has been thus far the most bizzare
event I have ever heard. I can’t help but feel sorry for the little boy for he too just a child. What could have made the father render such an action
is difficult to understand. There seems to be more of a mystery surrounding this case in which closure may never be obtained ….even by heartfelt strangers