Suri Cruise: the World's Smallest Woman?

Little girls who wear high heels might stay little ... forever.

INFphoto_1099372.jpg

She's the most stylish woman under three feet tall in the world. And according to experts, she might stay that size. Suri Cruise has been spotted AGAIN sporting high heels -- this time shopping in rainy Boston with Katie and Tom Cruise. She was even slipping at one point on the wet streets.

The question of whether Kate and Tom are sexualizing 3-year-old Suri by allowing her to wear high heels is only one side of this ongoing shoe debate. Suri's habit of strolling about town in high heels might affect her growth.

"A common side effect of adults wearing heels too often is the tightening or shortening of the Achilles tendon," New York podiatrist Dr. Oliver Zong told FoxNews. "At Suri's age, children are growing quickly, and you want everything growing at the same rate. If the tendon is not growing at the same rate as everything else, it could become a problem."

Do you think it's OK for little girls to wear high heels for real ... not just for dress-up?

next: Skinny Jeans Banned in Texas School
ms m November 20, 2009, 1:21 PM

1. Way to plagiarize the Fox News Article!
2. It’s unfair for anyone to assume that Suri isn’t begging to wear her heels out and about, since most little girls LOVE to dress up.

Anonymous November 20, 2009, 1:49 PM

WHO CARES, she’s not my kid

Anonymous November 20, 2009, 3:53 PM

katie holmes is a clueless parent. kids should be wearing good footwear while they are growing!

Sarah B November 20, 2009, 9:02 PM

probably better to wear those than croc or flip flops that leave children with no arches in their feet, and cause them to trip and fall all the time

Sara November 21, 2009, 6:43 AM

I would bet that Suri was begging to wear those cute little shoes. If she did not want to wear them then she would have been noticeably uncomfortable or begging mom to pick her up. Kate does not seem like the type of parent that would be forcing her daughter into clothes she didn’t want to wear for the sake of looks.

By the way this is the second time I’m posting this because the first, from yesterday, didn’t show up. Why on earth do my posts sometimes NOT show up?????? It happens probably 30% of the time I post. Why bother posting if it may very well just disappear???

ashley November 21, 2009, 7:07 AM

I will say this: my mother-in-law has been wearing shoes with about and inch and a half heel since she was 12. So has her mother. They are both only about 5’1” and wanted to be a little taller. Well, my mil is 64 and her foot is stuck in that position. She CANNOT wear flat shoes!!

Christina November 21, 2009, 8:56 AM

Little kids want all kinds of things. It’s our job as parents to set limits. These things are bad for the feet. I don’t know how often she actually wears them, so I can’t say if the Cruises are derelict in their duties as parents. I will say that, being in the public eye so much, it wouldn’t hurt them to dress Suri in seasonally appropriate clothing and footwear.

Jamie November 23, 2009, 7:44 AM

Who cares if Suri was “begging” to wear them, it’s the parents job to say no. Completely unsafe and inappropriate for a 3 year old to wear heels period.

william wizer February 21, 2010, 2:25 PM

I think most of you that say this is wrong are forgetting than flat shoes are also bad for the feet. in fact most shoes have a bit of heel so the feet is not completely flat. you can check your own shoes if you don’t believe me. or go to almost any shop with child size shoes.

Kelly March 2, 2010, 3:20 PM

“allowing her to wear high heels?” Like any child that age is going to continue to choose to wear something less comfortable without parental suggestion pushing them in that direction.

This story is kind of silly because they even suggest that doctors say that she will stop growing if the Achilles Tendon doesn’t stretch. How stupid is that?! Like you really wouldn’t grow if the tendon on the back of your ankle didn’t stretch. Like it’s stretching has, at all, any baring on your pituitary gland, which is actually responsible for growth or your Spine, which runs along your back and helps to support/shape your entire torso. I can understand some improper muscle/tendon development in the legs that decreases the natural muscular support kids would normally have, but that’s about it.

Kelly March 2, 2010, 3:29 PM

As for my opinion on it.

How is having your kids wear high heels sexualizing them, yet having them dress up like people such as Brittany Spears, Sabrina (The singer from Corpus Christi), Christina Aguilar, and Paris Hilton (to name a few)isn’t?

I mean, I see it all the time here, little girls no older than 7 or 8 dressing up, or rather down, like the people I mentioned above. If that isn’t sexualizing them, I don’t know what is. And it’s a far sight more sexualizing by dressing them up that way, in tight-ish, skimpy outfits than putting them in high heels.

Kelly March 2, 2010, 3:36 PM

I will concede this, however, she does look rather ridiculous in those high heels. Like she’s playing dress like mommy or something. Cute little outfit though. It’d probably have gone better with little red suede shoes all girled up.

ashley April 18, 2010, 2:17 PM

ugh even i wouldn’t wear heels unless a special occasion came up. i don’t think she should wear those

Krystal  December 7, 2010, 4:12 PM

I have a 4 year old, and if we go to a kids shoe store and she sees little high heels, she absolutely adores them, i have yet to buy her a pair like Suri’s but if she asks, you’re damn right i WILL buy her a pair, it’s not like 1/2 an inch or so is a stiletto or anything, oh wait, she walks all over the house in my stiletto’s all the time. IF any child wants to take dress up to the streets, as long as it’s age appropriate, whats wrong with that? i personally Applaud Katie for embracing Suri’s GIRLYNESS! i think she looks adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!

helloh January 20, 2011, 3:27 AM

Its not the cover that client staleness be completely agreed with communicator’s views roughly article. So this is what happened with me, anyways its a fortunate exertion, I revalue it. Thanks
birthday

Acn January 24, 2011, 12:27 PM

great points altogether, you simply gained a brand new reader. What would you suggest in regards to your post that you made some days ago? Any positive?

Yong Hoseck January 25, 2011, 11:19 AM

Hello there, I found your website via Google while looking for a related topic, your website came up, it looks great. I’ve bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.