Hoping to Share the Joy to My World

We're not giving details. We're not doing interviews about each other. I'm not going to speak for her, and she hasn't spoken about me.

Candy and Tori Spelling

Candy Spelling: I'm told it's called a "blind item" when a news or gossip story shows up attributed to a "source."

And, on Tuesday, there was a blind item that announced that my daughter Tori and I are "communicating," and that I had finally seen my grandchildren.

I was so nervous when my first friend called to tell me the news. "Is it true, Candy? Are you and Tori speaking?" We had both said we wanted to communicate privately. I hesitated, but this was a good friend, so I whispered, "Yes," it was true. I couldn't contain my joy.

The next day I did my first "press junket." That's another insider term for back-to-back interviews. The day was devoted to talking about "Bank of Hollywood," the new TV series I just made for E! Entertainment Television, which starts airing on Monday, December 14.

The first question was not about the show (which airs at 10 PM Eastern, 9 Central!) or the hopefuls who met with our panel, but about Tori and me.

So was the second question.

And the third.

Each of them was prefaced by, "I hope this is true, Candy ..."

The good feelings the journalists expressed have been reflected in the e-mails, posts, and calls coming in from friends, acquaintances, social networking buddies, and strangers. People are genuinely happy that Tori and I are communicating.

I will say that I hope everyone can experience the joy I'm feeling now for the holidays and beyond.

Liz December 4, 2009, 5:05 PM

Happy to hear it just in time for the holidays. They should be private.

Renee December 4, 2009, 5:20 PM

So happy to hear this news!

Nikki December 4, 2009, 5:22 PM

Good for you, just in time for the holidays.

Denise December 4, 2009, 5:23 PM

FINALLY!!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!

Jesse December 4, 2009, 5:25 PM

That is so great, Candy. Wishing you and Tori Happy Holidays!

Sara December 4, 2009, 8:21 PM

nice to hear. Good luck.

True Mom December 4, 2009, 8:38 PM

Candy Spelling is a horrible Mom. Anyone who could watch her daughter wait for her over and over again, only to disappoint her, is nothing more than selfish. I feel sorry that Tori feels that she needs her mother’s validation. Tori, you are a successful Author, wife, mother and actress…You don’t need her.

another mom December 4, 2009, 9:21 PM

For the most part, I couldn’t care less, but when I was pregnant I used to watch Home Sweet Hollywood, so I just feel bad for Tori. Her mother has really messed her up.

Wilma December 5, 2009, 3:26 PM

If they can solve this, why can’t people who don’t know anything about it? Just asking. Joy to the world.

4mula1 December 6, 2009, 1:31 PM

the JOY of holiday giving?.. before funding ANY charity. please visit. REFORM MARCH OF DIMES.ORG (learn how charities misspend research dollars) and MRMCMED.ORG, read what the march of dimes spends 30 million dollars a year on, thank you for your time. ps, animal research has NEVER been validated. “work on prevention of polio was LONG DELAYED by an erroneous conception of the nature of the human disease based on MISLEADING experimental models of the disease in monkeys” albert sabin, m.d., during a 1984 house subcommittee. (cancer) “if curing mouse cancers were enough. we would have cured cancer IN THE 60S” dr.donald morton, john wayne cancer institute.

Elena A. December 7, 2009, 11:47 AM

What wonderful news, especially for the kids! Holiday wishes coming true!

LH21 December 24, 2009, 12:23 PM

Thanks God, God is good. I hope you didn’t initially want to start communicating because you wanted favorable response (ratings) from audience for the Bank of Hollywood. Even still no matter the motive, the outcome of the love you got from seeing your Grandkids I know is wonderful. Thank God you met your grandkids, because even though adults have feuds you have to put it aside for the sake of the children!!!!!!!!!!!!THE CHILDREN, REMEMBER THE CHILDREN, BECAUSE ONCE THEY ARE HERE, IT’S LESS ABOUT THE ADULTS AND MORE AND MORE ABOUT THE CHILDREN, LET’S NOT MAKE THEM SUFFER THROUGH MESS AND DRAMA!