Real Hamster vs. Zhu Zhu Pets Smackdown

Which would you rather have scurrying around YOUR house?

Momlogic's Momstrosity: The year's hottest toy is Zhu Zhu pet -- a robotic hamster -- supposedly the perfect replacement if your kid wants a real one. Which makes a better pet?

Hamster vs Zhu Zhu Pets

next: Put a Spy Cam in Your Teen's Room
Jamie December 8, 2009, 3:55 PM

Okay as a family who has tried despretly to be responsible pet owners we just don’t have the time patience whatever. My kids love pets, but I am tired of being the one taking care of them so have banned pets until the children are a bit older. So for my children I am hoping this will be a somewhat pleasing replacement for the time being.
One of the pluses of this toy is it’s price. With kids toys getting so expensive these are $10 or less! Yea you can go overboard on accessories now or buy a little at a time as a reward and to encourage the kids to continue to “care” for their zhu zhu pets!

Christina  December 8, 2009, 4:46 PM

Sick! Neither. Just actually had this debate.

mercaties December 8, 2009, 6:03 PM

If it fits in the palm of my hand and poops it’s not allowed through my front door. I have allready purchased ZHU ZHU pets as Christmas gifts for my kids they really really cute I can’t wait until my kids open them.

Julie Mae  December 10, 2009, 7:26 AM

If you are looking for a zhu zhu pet you should enter the contest at www.winazhuzhupet.com.

Jennifer / Unconditional Mom December 13, 2009, 3:46 PM

LOL! I like the finding it under their bed by December 29th bit; more than likey true.

And I don’t think either of them are sick… it’s a toy; not that big of deal. One of which my daughter is getting for Christmas too. :)

amber December 21, 2009, 3:48 PM

i have a hamster and he is hily traind

tom December 26, 2009, 1:37 PM

It is a shame many people actually do see pets as “toys for their children”. Do not expect your child to suddenly become a responsible being because you gave it a pet to take care of. It will not happen.

Ayanna June 6, 2010, 3:10 PM

real hamster no doubt about it