Jen Garner Felt "Ugly" While Pregnant

Does this offend you?

Jennifer Garner

Jennifer Garner was not a big fan of being pregnant, according to a new article in W magazine.

In fact, she says she was "so fat and huge and ugly" in her Halloween costume while carrying her second child.

Some moms online are mad that she would use such harsh adjectives about being pregnant. Others say this is no biggie, and people need to get a grip.

What do you think?

next: New Photos of Caylee and Casey Anthony
sam December 9, 2009, 2:29 PM

She explained how she felt. Feelings aren’t wrong, they just are.

catherine December 9, 2009, 2:59 PM

I was not a huge fan of pregnancy either. I remember being asked all the time and even still 11years after the birth of my daughter When are you gonna have another one? My answer then and still to this day is I am not, even though I am now blessed with the greatest gift of all time going through the whole prego period again I just couldn’t do it. I felt so sick all the time along with being fat and swollen it really was not pleasant except when i got to feel her moving. Feeling are feeling and no matter who you are or what your going through you need to own them and not be ashamed.

tennmom December 9, 2009, 3:44 PM

My first pregnancy was “easy” but I gained 40 pounds. Somehow the extra weight dropped off in a month.
I had morning sickness for 2 months with my second pregnancy and gained 60 pounds. Those pounds wanted to stick around for almost 2 years.
After having clear skin for 12 years, I was plagued with acne.
All in all,though, I enjoyed being pregnant.

Susan December 9, 2009, 4:09 PM

I felt the same way. I was miserable with both of my pregnancies and couldn’t wait for them to be finished with. I felt disgusting and didn’t even like going in public. Delighted to have my kids but won’t be getting pregnant ever again.

*Big Mama* December 9, 2009, 4:40 PM

No way, she was just sharing how she felt. Feelings are valid. I loved being pregnant but I felt like a huge battleship. =P

Anonymous December 9, 2009, 5:31 PM

I agree with the PP who said feelings are never wrong. I felt the same way. I felt fat, huge and ugly. There was not a single minute of my pregnancy where I felt attractive.

Tara December 9, 2009, 5:33 PM

I felt the same way, fat huge and ugly. There wasn’t a second of my pregnancy where I felt the slightest bit attractive. She’s entitled to her opinion of herself.

CBear December 9, 2009, 6:14 PM

I don’t think it’s a big deal and people need to get a grip. She’s entitled to her own feelings about her own body. Just leave her alone.

Jenny December 9, 2009, 6:49 PM

An honest celebrity! Good for her!

MarMar December 10, 2009, 7:59 AM

I think it’s a shame she - and some of the posters here - didn’t appreciate how beautiful pregnancy is. But you can’t make someone feel something. If she felt ugly, then she felt ugly. I applaud her honesty at any rate.

Cheryl December 10, 2009, 8:59 AM

I am tired of people telling me how beautiful pregnancy is. It was not beautiful for me at all. I was swollen, sick and tired the whole time, both times. I am exceedingly happy to have my beautiful children, I am glad I went thru it to have them. But the pregnancy sucked. Period. It is ridiculous to think that to be a good mom you have to embrace every single thing. For some of us it was bad.

maeby December 10, 2009, 12:36 PM

yeah i felt gross and fat with my last pregnancy. the first two were great…but that last one..i was totally fat and miserable.

MarMar December 10, 2009, 1:48 PM

I looked awful when I was pregnant, at least in the last few months and ESPECIALLY in the last few weeks. I wish I could add a picture here just to show the hot mess I was by week 38! I’d even developed Bell’s palsy and couldn’t move half my face - THAT’S always attractive. :-P But I still think there’s beauty in pregnancy, even in the swelling and fatigue and the just feeling awful. You’re building a new life, how great is that? It’s amazing to think about. For all the ladies who claim they didnt’ look beautiful - maybe not in the conventional sense, no, you didn’t. But in my mind, you were - and I was too. And so was Jennifer Garner. And like I said before, you can’t change people’s opinions on such things. You can keep saying you were ugly - but I will always disagree. :-)

Debbie December 11, 2009, 5:26 PM

so what, I hear this from every overly vain skinny women out there, ohhh booo hooo you look fat and you are not enjoying the fact that people are congradulating you or taking a true intrest in your personal life. There is something wrong when you base your whole life on how fat you are when most of that so called fat is a living person. Show some diplomacy over women who have actual weight problems that can lead to high blood pressure, diabetities and other very serious health factors. So what you felt fat, enjoy the fact that you have a healthy baby from all the mental stress you went through, I love Jen but have a heart for us little people.

Sweet Sixteen Themes For Girls 2 January 6, 2011, 2:18 PM

I’m astounded by people who want to ‘know’ the universe when it’s hard enough to find your way around Chinatown.

bedroom window treatments January 22, 2011, 6:47 PM

Wow! Thanks! I have wanted to compose in my website something similar to that. Is it alright if I take part of your post to my site? Thanks once more for putting this up. I definitely enjoyed every part of it.

hello January 23, 2011, 10:23 PM

This is a wonderful aeronaut. I enjoyed the entropy lot. I module marker this diplomatist. Thanks for distribution this influential info.
heart valve surgery

Stevie Simonelli March 12, 2011, 9:25 PM

Refreshing and I would like to thank you for the time you put into this post.very instructive. I wish there were additional websites like it. In any case, I felt it was around time I thanked you.Im not that big of a reader to be frank but your websites pretty excellent, keep it up I have you favorited to keep up with any further articles.

Wholesale Polo Handbags March 24, 2011, 6:57 PM

There is some validity but I inclination pilfer hold assessment until I look into it further. Good article , thanks and we want more! Added to FeedBurner also.

Mario Lemieux Jersey March 25, 2011, 5:52 PM

Wow, that looks so good!Perhaps you fool changed your treatise not too long ago? Largely because I could take sworn it was not the having said that the former age I was hereā€¦unless I am theory of a bizarre net site.