Michelle Duggar Gives Birth to Baby No. 19

It's a girl!

Michelle Duggar delivered a baby girl through an emergency C-section on Thursday evening, People.com reports.

duggar family expecting 19th child

Josie Brooklyn weighed one pound, six ounces at the time of birth. Michelle, who was due in March, was airlifted to an Arkansas hospital earlier this week with gallbladder issues.

Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar star on the TLC reality show "18 Kids and Counting." The couple welcomed their first grandchild, a daughter born to the oldest Duggar kid, in October.

A rep for the network TLC told People:

"The most important thing right now is for mom and baby Josie to get as much rest as possible," reads the statement to People. "The family is grateful for all the prayers and well wishes during their recovery."

We wish the Duggars all the best now that they are "19 and Counting."

next: Jenny Sanford Files for Divorce
Pamala December 11, 2009, 9:08 AM

I hope her and the baby are fine and I hope that she takes this as a warning that her body can’t exactly do pregnant anymore.

Lbug December 11, 2009, 9:20 AM

Wishing Josie and Mom the best.

Angela December 11, 2009, 10:03 AM

Pamela,

Seriously? That’s a tad on the snarky side. I will be praying for a healthy recovery for both mother and baby.

mandrillady December 11, 2009, 10:13 AM

Of course I wish them well and that the baby is healthy and grows strong. But I hope they reconsider re-naming the show “19 Kids and DONE!” Anyone who needs a TV show so they can support their kids has too many!

Tori December 11, 2009, 10:34 AM

To the Dugger family my most loving prayers and blessings to all of you but especially to Michelle and little Josie. God is watching over you and your family. I wish you all the best.

Kris December 11, 2009, 10:51 AM

I really do wish her and the baby the best. I definitely have to agree with Pamela, that I think her body is telling her that it’s done.

Sarah B December 11, 2009, 12:58 PM

I’m with Pam on this one… I truly hope that baby and mom are ok, but this is the body’s way of saying enough, just like a miscarriage is it’s way of saying you aren’t quite ready. Again, my thoughts will be with them, but I do hope they self-reflect a bit!

Bonnie December 11, 2009, 1:44 PM

My prayers for mom and baby Josie! My grandmother had 20 kids years and years ago. I think the youngest one is now in his 70’s. My dad was a twin of 3 sets of twins. Was a BIG deal back then too. Good luck Michelle and baby!

Bonnie December 11, 2009, 1:47 PM

Also…a friend of my family has 19 kids too! You really have to be special parents to want that many. Kids are so special!

Marcie Reesink December 11, 2009, 3:27 PM

Heartfelt prayers,to the Duggar Family, especially Michelle and Josie!I have followed the Duggars for years and they are a wonderful family. Reading their book before making judgements might be a good idea. The Duggars have been debt free and self-supporting long before they were ASKED to share their story on TLC and Discovery!It is a joy to watch this family share morals that are not often modeled anymore. Whether or not you are a believer,the principles this family abides by make our world a better place.
P.S. Gallstones can happen to anyone at any time. It is sad that they caused Michelle to go into early labor. Why must we be so judgemental?Blessings to the Duggars! Marcie

Sara December 11, 2009, 4:02 PM

Prayers for their newest arrival to thrive and fight despite her early arrival. This is truly a wonderful family and I hope them the best.

BTW, they didn’t do the show to support the family. They have tons of commercial properties that they get a ton of money off of. Has it helped their life? Sure but it wasn’t necessary. I know their large family sounds crazy but watch a few of the shows and you’ll see a family that runs more smoothly than most families I know of and there certainly is lots of love to go around.

tennmom December 11, 2009, 5:15 PM

I have to agree with Pam also.
I do hope the baby is able to grow up healthy and happy but I’ve never been a fan of the Duggar parents.
Assigning the older children a younger sibling to look after and practically raise? I don’t think so. That is very unfair.
Childhood is so short. Every child deserves to feel special and cherished. There is NO WAY the 8th,9th, 10th child is going to get the attention they deserve and need.
The Duggar parents should take full and all responsibility for the care and raising of every child they chose to bring into the world. Feeding, clothing, and sheltering a child isn’t enough.

Staci December 11, 2009, 7:56 PM

REALLY? Now is the time to bash the family? Now? Shame on any of you that said one word against this family. The people who are talking about them now are just a bunch of jealous busybodies. So to the Duggars I have a son who was born at 29 weeks and he is perfectly healthy and happy. I pray for a Christmas miracle for your little girl. She deserves all of our prayers and thoughts. God Bless you all. You are great parents and great people. You are an incredible family that seems to remember what family is.

mercaties December 11, 2009, 8:34 PM

My prayers are with this precious baby girl but I truely believe that this is gods way of telling them enough everyones body has it’s limits.

tennmom December 11, 2009, 9:48 PM

I’m not the least bit jealous of them. Who whould be?

C December 12, 2009, 7:10 AM

The premature baby IS NOT a message that she should stop having babies. A miscarriage IS NOT a message that a woman isn’t ready to have a baby. These things just happen.

My personal opinion is that these people are weird and creepy, but I won’t judge her for her reproductive choices.

Pamala December 12, 2009, 9:34 AM

Pre-Eclampsia is a message to her. Frankly I couldn’t care less how many children she had if she wasn’t 40 and never let her body recover from the other pregnancies. I worry about her and her children, she puts herself at risk from now on with every child she decides to have. And sadly it seems that her age at least is catching up with her, and she’s having more complications with each pregnancy. I’d hope for the sake of her other children that she take this as a warning, that perhaps she needs a little more time other than 3 to 4 months to recover from this pregnancy, or perhaps to just stop.

lacey December 12, 2009, 12:53 PM

I had pre-eclampsia w/ my first pregnancy that resulted in an emergency c-section at 33wks. I was a very healthy 28 year old. These things just happen. It’s not because she’s has so many kids or her age. Love realy does seem to be infinite w/ this family and I wish them the best.

GPC December 12, 2009, 2:23 PM

Hope the baby is ok…has anyone considered explaining birth control to her?

Pamala December 12, 2009, 7:31 PM

GPC: She’s part of what some would refer to as a cult, although they don’t exactly participate in it as others do, but they don’t believe in BC. From what I’ve read of their beliefs, it’s not really all that different from basic Christian beliefs, just that they put a lot of emphasis on having kids. It works well for them, so there seems to be no problem there, for others it’s harmful.