Stay-at-Home Mom Had Affair with Tiger

She says this has been very tough on her 7-year-old son.

Cori Rist, a stay-at-home mom of a 7-year-old boy, went on the "Today" show this morning to clear her name. She says she has been called a hooker and an escort since the Tiger Woods scandal broke, and those accusations are simply not true.

"I felt it was necessary to defend myself because I'm hearing negative reports; they're not true," Rist told "Today." "I'm not an escort, he has not paid me, I'm a mother. At the end of the day, I made a mistake, but I'm not what they're claiming that I am. So I will defend myself because I have no other choice."

Rist said she decided to end her affair with Tiger when she saw a picture of Woods, his wife, Elin, and their new daughter, Sam.

"We were pretty much involved in a relationship, and then I decided that I didn't want to be part of it anymore, and I broke things off with him six months later after I met him," she says. "He kept pursuing me for the next two and a half years, and we saw each other, but less often. During the first six months, I'd see him twice a month."

She broke down when she talked about how this scandal has affected her son, who she says has had to hear "horrible things" about his mother.

next: "Princess and Frog" Box Office King
Jill December 14, 2009, 12:05 PM

Enough of these women. They are all telling the same story. Boring.

dw December 14, 2009, 12:52 PM

If you were any kind of a good example of a mother, you’re kid wouldn’t be hurting. It’s ALL your faul, and honestly we don’t caret! Seems to me you could have gotten a job, instead of “staying home” waiting to land a catch. You are no role model at all but in fact a self seeking, selfish, poor example of what a ho can act like. Coal in your stocking this year loser.

Anonymous December 14, 2009, 1:00 PM

I just wish that women wouldn’t do these to other women. I know that men are the ones who are married and stepping out but if we women weren’t so easily available to married men it wouldn’t happen as much. Women PLEASE respect the “sisterhood” of other woman and tell men NO!

Pamala December 14, 2009, 2:19 PM

Lets see, she’s sold her story to networks and so forth, so lets see, she made money by having sex with a man, that means hooker.
Sorry I don’t get it, why do these women even want to admit to this crap.

Anonymous December 14, 2009, 3:49 PM

She gives SAHMs a bad name.

PlumbLucky December 15, 2009, 4:40 AM

Only difference between a hooker and a wh0re is that a hooker is paid.

lee December 15, 2009, 10:39 AM

If she was so worried about her son she wouldn’t have gone on national t.v. to discuss her affair. She look proud of it to me.

Anonymous December 16, 2009, 2:07 PM

Now she is playing “victim” she also know how to act may be she want a role in a movie,children today are smarter than us,I think the innocent boy will not buy her mother’s BIG LIE ,She is faking and she wants to fool her son and all of US..All the things women do to make money and have a little piece of attention!

Fernie December 16, 2009, 2:12 PM

Those horrible things as she call them she will take them as compliments!

Anonymous December 17, 2009, 11:49 AM

She is such a “fake”. Honey we know you need money and that is why you are doing this interview. First of all, why did you come out? Nobody approached you, you approached them and told the secret..Please, you get what you deserve and yes you are a candy girl, call girl, gold-digger and whatever else they call you.