Tiger Woods Apologizes as Gossip Magazine Reports Affair

CNN: Golfer Tiger Woods apologized Wednesday for "transgressions" that let his family down -- the same day a gossip magazine published a report alleging he had an affair.

tigerbaby270.jpg
"I have let my family down and I regret those transgressions with all of my heart. I have not been true to my values and the behavior my family deserves," he said in a statement on his official Web site.

Woods did not admit to an affair and offered no details about the "transgressions" in his statement.

"I am not without faults and I am far short of perfect. I am dealing with my behavior and personal failings behind closed doors with my family. Those feelings should be shared by us alone."

US Weekly magazine printed a report Wednesday alleging that Woods had an affair with Jaimee Grubbs, whom it identified as a 24-year-old cocktail waitress. The magazine also published what it says is a voice mail message from Woods to Grubbs.

"Hey, it's Tiger," a man says in the recording. "I need you to do me a huge favor. Can you please take your name off your phone? My wife went through my phone and may be calling you.

"So if you can, please take your name off that. ... Just have it as a number on the voice mail. Just have it as your telephone number. That's it, OK? You got to do this for me. Huge. Quickly. Bye."

CNN could not independently confirm that the voice on the recording was Woods.

Attention has been focused on Woods since the he crashed his SUV outside his Florida home last week. Investigators say he crashed the vehicle into a fire hydrant and tree. Woods was not required to talk to police about the wreck, and declined to talk with investigators on several occasions.

Woods' attorney, Mark Nejame, declined to comment on reports of an affair Tuesday night, saying he was hired to represent Woods in the traffic case.

The Florida Highway Patrol said Tuesday that it cited Woods for careless driving -- the golfer paid a $164 fine -- and closed its investigation.

The golfer said Wednesday that he was "dismayed to realize the full extent of what tabloid scrutiny really means" for him, his wife, model Elin Nordegren, and their children -- a 2-year old daughter, Sam, and a 9-month old son, Charlie.

"For the last week, my family and I have been hounded to expose intimate details of our personal lives. The stories in particular that physical violence played any role in the car accident were utterly false and malicious. Elin has always done more to support our family and shown more grace than anyone could possibly expect. "

The 33-year-old golf phenomenon has won the Masters tournament and the PGA tournament each four times, as well as three U.S. Open titles.

Grubbs is the second woman to be romantically linked to Woods through news reports this week.

The National Enquirer reported a few days before Woods' crash that the golfer was having an affair with a New York nightclub hostess -- an assertion the hostess vigorously denied Tuesday, according to The New York Post. The woman said a disgruntled acquaintance sold the story to the supermarket tabloid and that "not a word of it is true."

Read more stories Moms Are Talking About.

next: The Television on the Bus Goes On and On
Roxi December 2, 2009, 12:03 PM

bad day to be Tiger and I have no sympathy for him. I do feel bad for his wife and kids.

Joyce Summers December 2, 2009, 12:45 PM

I agree he knew what he was doing and that was hurting the woman he says he loves with this affair but in the same sense if she can forgive him then that is her business after all it is their marriage. He has a beautiful wife/family so again I ask Tiger what is wrong with you….

betsy December 2, 2009, 1:27 PM

Well, he finally “Manned UP”, kind of. Wonder how much money he was going to pay those “other Women” to be quiet. I guess not enough for the first one, seems like she got really mad when she found out about the other one! Whoops, too late now! All of his money sure is not helping him now! If I were his wife I would wipe up the floor with him. I really can not see her staying with him, she seems too dignified. I bet he got his “busted lip” from a golf club, not the accident. You go girl!

Anothercentral December 31, 2009, 11:56 PM

Impression Development,alone impact imply combine discussion generation hole comparison motor primary equally strange point direct action meaning other writer cheap metal instance likely living economic everybody school poor one boat world examination name last visit recently activity hell achieve completely want daughter attach failure conclusion machine motor publication remove presence settle combination maybe everybody justice soft visit centre tooth pub thought do actually murder bit human officer promote charge population island agree list immediate particularly legal expect weight progress assembly result price assembly investigate favour sometimes nor control

Casino en Linea December 31, 2010, 8:15 PM

I love just taking a break from class and reading your blog. I just wish you posted more frequently. Seriously Thank you

Juegos de Casino January 1, 2011, 8:51 AM

You can tally me in for a Digg. Thanks for posting this on your SEO website, it has been very imformative…and thats from a Harvard student! :)

Stanford Splain January 3, 2011, 3:08 PM

Thanks for the intriguing read! Happy New Year and keep up the good work in 2011!

Martha Magsamen January 3, 2011, 7:16 PM

auto centro catalogo January 14, 2011, 9:53 AM

Stupendous post on Tiger Woods Apologizes as Gossip Magazine Reports Affair | momlogic.com - and good domain by the way!

casa gala panamá January 14, 2011, 3:54 PM

As a Freshman, I am always searching online for articles that can help me get further ahead.

casa gala ofertas January 14, 2011, 7:34 PM

I will have to come back again when my university load decreases - however I am holding on to your RSS feed so I can read your website offline. I really have to say thanks.

Dietas Saludables January 16, 2011, 1:59 AM

As a Freshman, I am always exploring online for articles that can help me get further ahead.

alquilerdeautos January 17, 2011, 9:56 PM

Marvelous post - and solid domain by the way!

German Litherland January 25, 2011, 1:30 PM

It is amazing what you can find on the web. Thank youfor this.

Panama Hotels January 25, 2011, 2:40 PM

It is nice to definitely turn up a site where the blogger is polished. Thanks for creating your web site.

Hotel Le Meridien Panama January 27, 2011, 1:45 PM

I will have to come back again when my university load lets up - even so I am keeping your RSS feed so I can read your web site offline. Thank you very much.

Hotel Le Meridien Panama January 28, 2011, 5:41 AM

Good post - and solid domain by the way!

Hotel El Panama January 28, 2011, 11:46 PM

There is obviously a lot for me to ascertain outside of my studies. Thanks for the marvelous read.

Royal Decameron Panama January 30, 2011, 11:01 PM

Me English no better, but had to say me like what you say. Thank you from me.

Registro Publico de Panama January 30, 2011, 11:32 PM

I really have to say thank you for the absorbing read! All Right relax time is over and back to my course work.