Yes, I Pack My Hubby Condoms

Here's why.

husbands wallet with condom in it

Natalia: "REALISM" is the word of the day. I have always secretly packed condoms in my husband's suitcase before he goes out of town. He's a professional athlete in the NBA, handsome, and completely normal. He says, "Sweetie, you don't need to do that," and I respond, "Just give them to the other players ... make sure they're safe." I understand that young guys (older ones too, LOL) can't always think clearly when their blood is racing from their brain to other places. I don't condone cheating and I make that very clear! Anyway, not having a condom isn't going to stop most men, they'll just have unprotected sex.

Of course, we married women want to believe that our husbands only have eyes for us. Don't get me wrong, your guy may be one in a ton of men that only sleeps with his wife. Congratulations, and continue to enjoy your happy monogamist life together.

Here's the bottom line: I'm the most important person to me! I'm trying to stay healthy. I may SOUND like one selfish bitch, but I'll tell you this ... if he brings something home that he didn't leave here with, I'll ACT like one crazy bitch! Sure, most men have good intentions and love their wives very much ... I know mine does. Most of the time, love doesn't have anything to do with it. Men are just wired differently. On their list of necessities, sex is up there with oxygen.

next: Tiger: 'My Wife Went Through My Phone'
Manic Mommy December 2, 2009, 11:08 AM

OK, that’s great, and I commend her for protecting herself and her husband, but let’s get one thing straight, she’s not SECRETLY packing these condoms!

Wendi December 2, 2009, 11:28 AM

If you are worried about your husband bringing home something, then I think you should worry about fixing that problem rather than trying to hide condoms that he and he team mates can use. That is not what marriage is about.

Tracy December 2, 2009, 11:39 AM

I agree with Wendi. Are you with him just for his money? Because knowing he’s going to sleep around and staying with him is STUPID.

Carry  December 2, 2009, 11:44 AM

i think that is a great idea. men are like that. they just need to do it sometimes. not always but if that one times does happen, then at least his safe. and plus when we sees the condom it will make him think of you, and probably not do it anyway
-Carry

Jen December 2, 2009, 11:46 AM

Yeah, the whole “making sure he doesn’t come back with a disease” thing sounds good in practice (who wants to pick up an STD?), but all you’re really doing is condoning adulterous behaviour. By packing him condoms you’ve essentially told him it’s OK to cheat on you.
No thanks! I’ll just do my best to keep him happy on the home front!

Me again December 2, 2009, 11:54 AM

Yes, I pack my teenager clean needles.

Rox December 2, 2009, 12:01 PM

another absurd article. are you going to write lots of articles like “wife #2”? let me guess, your next article will be: I’m a proud trophy wife or just in it for the money?

DA December 2, 2009, 12:14 PM

All these women that marry high profiled, rich, super stars know damn well what they are getting when they marry them. They are getting everything he has, fame, security, and all the goodies. So, they should understand that if he wants to get some on the side they just have to realize that’s what comes with their man. These aren’t the store manager at your local grocery store, the mail man, the fire fighter, or the an accountant. These are powerful, rich, famous young men.

S. Wood December 2, 2009, 12:15 PM

Why didn’t I think of this? Oh yeah, ‘cause I would never marry a loser that would pretend he had no control over his choices. Oh yeah, and I would never marry a guy and overlook infidelity ‘cause of his paycheck. And oh yeah, cause I’m not his mother.
P.S. “Me Again”, Right on!

SS December 2, 2009, 1:00 PM

This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard you are not condoning cheating but just incase you think about it here you go. Do you think your husband would do they same for you since he is gone away for long periods of time? F%ck his money and his fame if he loves and respects yoy this would not even be a conversation, you just gave him the approval he needs. So if the condom busts and groupie #1 pops up pregnant at your door thank yourself because you gave him the okay to begin with. What happened to trust, honesty, commitment and just getting dowright freaky for your man?

infornography December 2, 2009, 1:17 PM

Speaking as a man who is not likely to sleep around ever, if my significant other packed condoms in my luggage I’d be insulted… severely. It would be a clear signal that our relationship has lost any trust it once had and would lead to me seriously wondering what she gets up to while I am gone.

This act not only signifies that you don’t trust him to keep it in his pants, but also that you don’t trust him to at least use protection without being prodded.

As you stated, there are plenty of men out there who would never cheat on their wives, if you are in a relationship where you find yourself this uncertain, perhaps you should reconsider that relationship. You obviously do not trust him to behave, whether that is your fault or his, it is something that needs to be addressed if your relationship is to succeed.

Stefanie December 2, 2009, 2:38 PM

My hubby and I have discussed before what would happen if he was out to sea(Navy, of course) for long stretches at a time, and he had a fling. I wouldn’t have bothered me, it better be protected sex, but it wouldn’t have said to me “Your husband is a cheating bastard.” Things happen, and it’s not normal for human beings not to have physical contact. But we live in country forever marred by our (mostly) Puritanical backgrounds. Father Abraham didn’t just have one wife…anyone ever think of that? She is right, guys are wired differently.

mercaties December 2, 2009, 4:19 PM

I agree with one of the other writers. She is obviously with him for his money because she doesn’t really seem to care if he sleeps around. What a marriage. Also, it is very clear that she thinks that most married men sleep around I know it happens a-lot but I would think that most married men do not actually act on it. Her take on marrige values are really sad. But hey if she’s okay with it then that is her right there are a-lot of “open” couples nowadays.

Helen December 2, 2009, 5:54 PM

lol! I think many blog posts like this one are made up to get a rise out of everyone. Mom Logic overall lacks substance. Should be called Mom Fluff.

smart.cookie December 2, 2009, 10:45 PM

sure i’ll pack a condom for my husband when he’s going away on a trip.. i’ll just make sure to tape a picture of myself and our daughter on the condom wrapper

C December 3, 2009, 12:46 AM

You are an absolute fool. I seriously cannot believe this.

Anonymous December 3, 2009, 7:51 AM

ROAR! People have different views on relationships than me! I MUST INSULT THEM! ROAR!

Erin December 3, 2009, 10:16 AM

We are not animals that are meant to be monogamous, that is just how our society tells us we are supposed to be. Men are wired to have many woman and woman are wired to grow tired of the same man. This is so alpha-males,the ones with higher IQs, pleasing physical attributes, etc., can breed with as many woman as possible to better the species as a whole. Woman grow tired for the same man because if we never changed alphas there would be a good deal of inbreeding witch would not more us forward as a species. This is what is hard wired in our brains. You don’t want to believe it your are going to be one of the many people who ruin a good relationship, based on love, trust family, whatever, over an indiscretion that is fulfilling the most primal instinct we have.

Anonymous December 3, 2009, 2:26 PM

You obviously don’t trust your husband

Jaxx December 3, 2009, 2:56 PM

Ignore the flames, I know exactly what you’re saying and why you’re doing it. You’re quite possibly the most understanding and modern woman I’ve ever come across. If it was me I’d probably find a way to keep him “under lock and key” though, and if he’s sincere in not needing the condoms he wouldn’t have any complaints about it. Yes, I’m evil.