Attention, Shoppers: No Shopping in Pajamas

The pajama party is OVER. A British supermarket has introduced a dress code. Are you listening, Walmart?

Check it out. For anyone who's ever rolled out of bed and gone on a quick trip to the market -- your days are numbered. That is, if you live in Wales. Tesco (that owns the Fresh and Easy chain of supermarkets in the States) in the city of Cardiff will no longer tolerate customers doing a bit of shopping in their jammies.

Tesco says the reason is simple: Those cruising the aisles in bedtime attire were making some people "uncomfortable and embarrassed."

Signs posted around the store read: "To avoid causing offense or embarrassment to others, we ask that our customers are appropriately dressed when visiting our store (footwear must be worn at all times and no nightwear is permitted)."

Um, can we get one of those signs for some of the shoppers here in the U. S. of A.?

Here's but just a small sampling from the website People of Walmart:

854.jpg

next: Mom Gets Tattoo for Justin Bieber Tickets
Fred January 28, 2010, 4:57 PM

Only in the U.S. What a disgrace to how we are not ashamed to walk out like this

gloria January 28, 2010, 6:37 PM

I heard that Paris Hiton appeared on a dating community ***WealthySeeker.com ** with a personal account there. ???????

gloria January 28, 2010, 6:39 PM

**** WealthySeeker.com **including: lawyer, CEO, manager, model, actor, doctor, hollywood celebrities, althlets, investors…**** WealthySeeker.com **ssssssssssssssd

Heather January 28, 2010, 8:26 PM

Hey that “sampling” posted …. those aren’t jammies. That might be considered “appropriate” dress in Wales though :)

And yes, I wear pajamas out of doors. Not lingerie but pajama bottoms and cute Tshirt to match. I’ve been doing it for 20 years now. I must’ve started the trend ;).. I went to high school in my jammies, went to stores in my jammies, went to work in my jammies, went to college in my jammies. And now I write from home… in my jammies. :)

mercaties January 28, 2010, 11:45 PM

Hey whatever floats your boat. Personally, I’am not offended by someone else shopping in their jammies (as long as it isn’t a nighty) but I do think it is incredible lazy. I wouldn’t even check my mail in my jammies let alone go out in public. How embarrassing.

Prncssjzmyn January 29, 2010, 7:17 AM

I can’t stand when people roll out of the house in pj’s. Maybe it’s just a big pet peeve! I don’t even leave the house in sweats unless i’m going to the gym or extremely sick! I makes me even angrier to see a whole family doing it…great lets teach a whole new generation to be slobs!

EZ January 29, 2010, 12:58 PM

You think this is offensive???
What about the guy who doesn’t wear jammies?
You don’t know Offensive.
[8-O

Smokey Behr February 2, 2010, 8:43 AM

The only time I wear “Jammies” out of the house is if I’m getting the paper in the morning from the driveway. Otherwise, I’m showered and dressed in real street clothes to go anywhere.