Marriage Takes Work, Says J Lo

We totally agree!

jennifer lopez and marc anthony

Momlogic's Julie: A quote from Jennifer Lopez caught my eye this morning.

"What people don't talk about, which is interesting to me, is how you have to put as much work into your relationships as you do into anything else," says Lopez in Latina magazine's February issue. "We put so much into our careers ... but there's also a lot of work that goes into making a successful partnership and marriage. It's not easy.

"Anybody who's successful at it deserves a pat on the back," Lopez says. "You've got to grow with each other; you've gotta bend over backwards for each other."

I totally agree with that.

I have been married 12 years, since I was 26. I was a sex and relationship writer for much of our marriage, which meant I was always trying out the latest tip or trick on my hubby ... all in the name of research. But I believe my marriage benefited from all of these experiments. It forced me to try new things and spice things up. And that was a good thing.

Since having our second child six years ago, we have had a weekly date night. That has really helped us stay connected as a couple, too. Many other moms I know think I'm crazy for having a weekly date night, especially when times get tight financially. But, for me, this is a necessity. It would be one of the last things I'd ever cut from our budget because to me it is as important as heat or electricity. (Well, almost.) It puts the heat and electricity back in our marriage!

I'm not saying my marriage is perfect by any means. (Whose is?) But I do work very hard to keep the lines of communication open and to show my husband that I love and appreciate him every day.

Do YOU think marriage takes hard work? What do you do to keep the passion alive? Share your secrets below so other moms can benefit!

next: It's a Television AND a Plush Toy!
jo January 7, 2010, 12:05 PM

BLOWiES!

Pamela January 7, 2010, 12:12 PM

our date night is every other saturday night, and it is ALL night. my parents take the kids to stay at their house and we have our whole house to ourselves from 7pm saturday night to 9am sunday morning. i love everyother saturday night :)

chris January 7, 2010, 1:49 PM

It takes a lot of work to make a marriage successful. I’ve been married for 17 years and I can tell you that there are days when I look at my husband and feel complete love and then there are days when I look at my husband and think not another day, not another day. As for as romance is concern that also flow and ebbs. There times I can’t get enough of him and times I wish he would just leave me alone. But the truth of the matter is my husband is awesome (well 95% of the time) and I wouldn’t trade him or our life together for anything. And I make it a point to let him stay know that!

jo January 7, 2010, 2:02 PM

AND MORE BLOWiES!

chris January 7, 2010, 2:53 PM

Yes Jo, also plenty of blowjobs.

Kelly Lester January 7, 2010, 5:20 PM

Of course it takes work. But the most important thing is picking the right one to begin with. You’d think that would be a big ‘Duh!’ but how many gals make that mistake? Once you’re married, treat him like a king and you won’t be let down. Our marriage is 21 years strong and for some (silly) reason, my husband is still madly in love with me. No secret girls, play nice like they taught you in Kindergarten and things will be a lot happier :)

aduke January 13, 2010, 8:27 AM

“By strength shall no man prevail”
I have been married for 5 years, I tell my husband you just do your best to please God, and there is no way you will not please me! I live by the same rules.
The word of God keeps my marriage alive and blessed.

Download Full Movies September 11, 2010, 7:50 PM

Greetings, You write some very good blogs. I examine back right here usually to study if you have kept up to date. I idea you can would like to know, once I click your RSS feed it re-directs me to an additional website.

Fashion Trends October 12, 2010, 1:33 PM

Thank you for this post, your internet site is carrying out wonderful service towards the fashion market!

Merchant Account December 24, 2010, 10:06 AM

I’m a Senior Lecturer inside the Cultural Studies department at Central Saint Martins in which I’m also doing work on a project for that sector.

hello January 19, 2011, 9:38 AM

I retributory couldn’t going your website before locution that I truly suchlike this article. there’s a peachy chance to get a perfect concept in your purpose. the grade entropy you message to your visitors
bulk index checker

Bibi Goh January 21, 2011, 11:43 PM

Keep your posts coming, the fashion sector needs more articles like these.

Lindsay Sauber March 16, 2011, 12:28 PM

This page seems to recieve a great deal of visitors. How do you advertise it? It gives a nice unique twist on things. I guess having something authentic or substantial to give info on is the most important factor.

Dallas Eilerman March 29, 2011, 7:43 PM

Hello. fantastic job. I did not anticipate this. This is a impressive story. Thanks!