Butt and Thigh Fat Make You Healthy

This is the best news we've had all year!

Woman's buttocks

Could fat thighs make you live longer?

A new study by researchers at the University of Oxford and Churchill Hospital in the United Kingdom suggests this might be so.

People with fat in their thighs and backsides may live longer because the fat traps harmful fatty particles and actively secretes a helpful compound. The study even calls this fat "protective" against diabetes, heart disease, and other conditions associated with obesity.

"Fat around the hips and thighs is good for you but around the tummy is bad," said Dr. Konstantinos Manolopoulos, one of the researchers.

A big bottom is much better than carrying fat around the waist, which tends to release more harmful fatty acids into the body, the research shows.

Understanding all this could lead to better drugs for treating obesity and related diseases such as diabetes and heart disease, say researchers.

Hallelujah!

next: Behold the iGeneration
tennmom January 12, 2010, 4:43 PM

That is great news to hear! :) I’ve always packed around a healthy-sized behind & although not fat, my thighs are of a healthy size, too. I’ve always joked that I’m built the way I am because I come from a long line of farmers; someone had to be able to pull the plow if the mule died. ;)

SirMIxAlot January 12, 2010, 9:56 PM

I like big butts.

Anonymous January 13, 2010, 10:03 AM

A smelly butt?

Tracy January 13, 2010, 12:26 PM

I guess Beyonce was right when she said that every girl should have a little junk in the trunk.

Fashion Trends October 12, 2010, 1:50 PM

I am grateful to come across this post.

Car Painting Colors Paint Shop November 25, 2010, 12:07 AM

Laughter and tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion. I myself prefer to laugh, since there is less cleaning up to do afterward.

Treatment for Hemorrhoid November 27, 2010, 2:37 PM

I really like your website. Thank you, looking forward to your feed updates…

diazepam December 1, 2010, 2:23 PM

Great job here. I really enjoyed what you had to say. Keep going because you definitely bring a new voice to this subject. Not many people would say what youve said and still make it interesting. Well, at least Im interested. Cant wait to see more of this from you.

Piaa Fog Lights For Sale December 9, 2010, 8:39 AM

If a man does not make new acquaintances as he advances through life, he will soon find himself alone. A man should keep his friendships in constant repair.

marbella real estate December 10, 2010, 5:13 AM

Useful site. I appreciate your effort, great share.

Gift Wrapping Ideas Martha Stewart December 11, 2010, 1:16 AM

Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it’s a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from.

Tea Mug With Strainer December 17, 2010, 10:42 AM

The Internet is like alcohol in some sense. It accentuates what you would do anyway. If you want to be a loner, you can be more alone. If you want to connect, it makes it easier to connect.

Hotel Guide December 18, 2010, 5:32 AM

I took great pleasure in reading. Thanks for the post.

Merchant December 24, 2010, 7:51 AM

I needed to thank you for this good read!! I extra to my bookmarks, take care

Computer monitors December 25, 2010, 12:20 AM

Howdy! I know this is kinda off topic however , I’d figured I’d ask. Would you be interested in exchanging links or maybe guest authoring a blog post or vice-versa? My site addresses a lot of the same subjects as yours and I think we could greatly benefit from each other. If you’re interested feel free to send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you! Superb blog by the way!

Computer monitors for sale December 29, 2010, 9:40 PM

Together with almost everything that appears to be building within this subject material, your points of view tend to be quite stimulating. On the other hand, I appologize, but I do not subscribe to your whole theory, all be it radical none the less. It appears to me that your commentary are generally not completely validated and in fact you are generally yourself not even entirely convinced of the argument. In any case I did enjoy looking at it.

Computer monitors for sale December 31, 2010, 2:05 AM

Hmm it seems like your site ate my first comment (it was super long) so I guess I’ll just sum it up what I submitted and say, I’m thoroughly enjoying your blog. I as well am an aspiring blog writer but I’m still new to the whole thing. Do you have any helpful hints for inexperienced blog writers? I’d definitely appreciate it.

dieta personalizata January 3, 2011, 10:41 PM

I was beeing trying to find the Internet for such information and i wanted to say thanks to u for the post. BTW, just off topic, where can i download a version of this theme? – 10x

cura slabire January 11, 2011, 7:59 PM

I was been after the Internet for such info and just wanted to say thanks to you for the post. By the way, just off topic, how can i find a version of this theme? – 10x

dark red hair dye products January 15, 2011, 12:49 AM

Every great advance in natural knowledge has involved the absolute rejection of authority.