Principal Under Fire for Offering BJs!

File this one under things that make you go EW!

vivian manning schaffel

Vivian Manning-Schaffel: A Queens, NY, principal was recently accused of lewd comments, e-mails, and texts -- and that's the least of it. He's also accused of slapping his male high school students on the ass and offering BJs!

The New York Times reports that the Department of Education has placed principal Quintin Cedeno under investigation for numerous claims of sexual harassment.

It all started last October, when a guidance counselor stepped up to file a sexual harassment complaint against Mr. Cedeno because "a 15-year-old student had accused the principal of proposing to perform oral sex on him."

This counselor also heard from a 16-year-old who had been on the receiving end of "inappropriate text messages" from the principal, namely a text that said he was "mad u guys didn't invite me" to hang out off school grounds at night.

It gets nastier. The report made the following claims: "Several students on the basketball team at the school would have breakfast in Mr. Cedeno's office, where he slapped them on the buttocks several times. One student told investigators that in the three years he had known Mr. Cedeno, the principal offered to perform oral sex on him about 15 different times. Another student said Mr. Cedeno had used the back of his hand to touch the student inappropriately about half a dozen times." This report also gives deets on other sexually explicit conversations this principal is said to have had with several students.

It was discovered that Cedeno had the nerve to even call a student -- "37 times from his personal cell phone within two months, including one call at 9:41 PM that lasted nearly an hour and a half. Additionally, Mr. Cedeno sent the same student 126 text messages from his personal phone and another dozen from his city-issued cell phone."

The Queens district attorney's office is on the case, but as of now the principal is, mercifully, out of a job.

Okay, here's my question: These are high school dudes, not small children, where appropriate behavior is unclear and manipulation into silence is atypical. Why didn't any of these boys come forward earlier? Like WAY before the 37th phone call? Or the fifteenth blow job solicitation? It seems like this guy ran rampant for quite a while with many kids before he got busted for his behavior! It's a chin-stroker.

What do you guys think?

next: Candy Spelling's Best Christmas Ever
Sam January 7, 2010, 4:58 PM

well in all honesty I prob would not have came forward either. I would have been afraid of the principal of my school as well as what my classmates might have thought, as stupid as that may seem

Geoff January 7, 2010, 5:15 PM

how did he get their numbers? thats my only question. i mean, his actions are pretty bad, but, seriously, did your high school principal know your phone number?

Wendi January 7, 2010, 8:51 PM

What a jerk, I hope he gets thrown in prison and never sees another kid again.

Toya January 7, 2010, 9:44 PM

This is just sick. Our children have to worry about physical violence at school and solicitation form someone as high up as the principal. He’s treating the school like his personal dating pool. There is no safe place for children anymore.

Very concerned January 7, 2010, 10:36 PM

The principal has access to all files, and probably asked for the number and the kids didn’t think that much of it. How mature are 16 year old boys? Not very much…depends. Plus, being the principal of a school is a powerful position to be in, and he abused his power over the children. A mind is a terrible thing to waste and this principal’s is wasted goods.

D January 8, 2010, 12:25 AM

That’s why I home school my children. I think that’s what all parents should do now in this day and age of uncontrolled violence and moral corruption.

Anonymous January 14, 2010, 8:12 AM

I actually was a member of his travel baseball team and always suspected things were a little bit weird with him. However I did not believe that he was this way, off the field he seemed like a really good ambitious guy but I guess I was wrong.

Hye Boschee March 29, 2011, 11:11 AM

There is clearly a bunch to identify about this. I suppose you made certain good points in features also.

Jonah Rohrbacher March 30, 2011, 6:15 AM

Hello. remarkable job. I did not imagine this. This is a splendid story. Thanks!

Christoper Anstine April 6, 2011, 7:08 AM

I’m still learning from you, but I’m trying to achieve my goals. I certainly enjoy reading everything that is posted on your site.Keep the information coming. I enjoyed it

esky remote control helicopter April 8, 2011, 9:05 AM

Oh dude! What a great write-up man! Got to give thanks to you for this 1, though I’ve got a problem together with your RSS feed. Can’t seem to subscribe to it for some reason. Do you know if any person else is having the exact same problem? If you’ve got a solution please let me know.

chicken pox vaccinations April 10, 2011, 8:24 AM

Frickin’ remarkable things here. I am very glad to see your article. Thanks a lot and i am looking forward to contact you. Will you please drop me a mail?