Scott Brown Wins Election, Pimps Out Daughters

The man who's set to replace the "Lion of the Senate" is so crass that he thinks election night is a fine time to hawk his girls.

Ronda Kaysen: How available are Scott Brown's daughters? According to the Senator-elect from the once blue state of Massachusetts, very.

scott brown

During his acceptance speech last night in the upset election that rattled the Democratic party, Brown made a very awkward and slightly creepy attempt to pimp out his college-aged daughters. It went like this:

"I want to thank Ayla and Arianna for their help as well. Just in case anybody's wondering from across the United States, yes, they're both available," he told the raucous crowd and presumably a gazillion television cameras.

"Not Arianna," said a giggling Ayla, clutching her proud pop's shoulders.

"Only kidding. Only kidding," Brown continued. "Arianna's definitely not available, but Ayla is."

Just to clarify who was who, the next senator from Massachusetts grabbed Arianna's arm and held it up, saying, "This Arianna. This is Ayla."

He then continued to sing his daughters' praises. Arianna is a pre-med at Syracuse. But it's Ayla who's got her daddy's eye. She's been crooning at campaign events across the state and on "American Idol." (This comment earned a coy eyebrow raise from the ever-so-hammy Ayla.) But that's not all, no, that's not all. The leggy brunette is also "good on the court." We're talking basketball here. Brown got so excited about the prospects of what Ayla could do for him that he offered her basketball talents to Barack Obama, challenging the president to a game. Thankfully for us all, Brown then turned the conversation back to his next favorite topic: his truck.

Okay, in the grand scheme of sleazy campaign night speeches, this wasn't the worst, but it was truly odd and veered toward the uncomfortable. These are his daughters, after all. And he offered them up to the dating world as a thank-you to them for all their campaign help. What message, exactly, were these comments intended to send? Help daddy get elected to the senate and you'll land a good man? And, we can all safely assume that if Ayla and Arianna were Abe and Andrew, their father wouldn't have transformed his acceptance speech into a coming-out party.

Brown, who posed nude for Cosmo, has taken some heat on the campaign trail for being less than sensitive to women. When a fan at a rally shouted, "Shove a curling iron up her butt," referring to opponent Martha Coakley, Brown responded, "We can do this." It wasn't clear whether or not he was responding to the heckler, but he didn't come out and say anything to contradict or condemn the crude comment either.

Brown's apparent eagerness to see his daughters get some booty out of his surprising success is, well, kind of gross. What message is Brown sending to the American people? That the man who's set to replace the "Lion of the Senate" is so crass that he thinks election night is a fine time to hawk his girls.

next: Shocker! Men Make More Money When Married
gopmom January 20, 2010, 11:03 AM

lighten up, it was a joke!

Chris January 20, 2010, 11:24 AM

Pimps out daughters? Are you serious right now? Talk about a sore loser. You’re grasping for straws, mom. Grow up.

another Chris January 20, 2010, 12:19 PM

Ha Ha - you’re a sore loser. I for one am sooooo glad that he won! I can’t wait for all the other politican who think they know what I need more than I do to lose their seats in Novemeber also. So glad the “kennedy era” is now over and so proud of the people of MA!
This is the real hope for change the people want.

katie January 20, 2010, 12:46 PM

I am looking forward to seeing how Massachusetts is going to change now that the “Kennedy era” is over! About Time!

it's about time January 20, 2010, 1:05 PM

Awww, what’s the matter Ronda? Did you along with all the other democrats get your feeling hurts last night? I guess it was kinda like shock and awe to see a republican take Ted Kennedy seat…oh that’s right it’s not Teddy’s seat or a
democrat seat but the “peoples” seat.

Angie January 20, 2010, 1:41 PM

Nice to finally have the people’s requests hopefully answered now that it is not all one way. I like to think of myself as a democrat but lately I like to think anything but. I don’t agree with a lot of things going on and maybe now all the left wings can get off their high horses- at least start to…

maria January 20, 2010, 2:00 PM

Angie, I agree with you. I have been a democrat since I could vote at 18(in my 40’s now) but I am not happy with the way it is right now and will probably reconsider how I vote in November.

Rob G January 20, 2010, 2:04 PM

Let’s see, you write for the New York Times, the Washington Post and the Huffington Post. All known for their strong democrat leanings. I think it’s safe to say that this is a bad article written by a sore loser.

Anonymous January 20, 2010, 2:38 PM

The best part about your post is “Scott Brown Wins Election” YEAH!!!

max January 20, 2010, 4:38 PM

Scott Brown doesn’t do us any favors with that sleazy remark! We republicans should go back to our roots and dignity. The posters here are sad winners.

Pamala January 20, 2010, 5:12 PM

Seriously? As a liberal myself who doesn’t necessarily see this dude as the best for the state of MA, I thought the speech was funny.

tennmom January 20, 2010, 5:21 PM

He was obviously joking.
I don’t see how anyone could find his joking around any more offensive than Palin showing off her “oops” child and her pregnant daughter.

Carabee January 20, 2010, 5:56 PM

What a disappointing article. Pimping? Really? In a long speech (without teleprompter, I might add, something I have yet to see Obama do), he mentioned his daughters briefly and that’s all you take from it. Sad.

chris January 21, 2010, 5:15 AM

I thought he did just fine with his speech considering he did it without the telepromter. What was sooo funny was Howard Dean on the Rachel Maddox show who blamed this all on George W.Bush and then a minute later said that anyone who blames someone else is “a loser”. I guess he just called himself a loser. It was too funny. Maybe you could write a blog about that.

Jill S. Farrar January 21, 2010, 7:35 PM

Goodness. Scott Brown jokes about his daughters in a dad sorta way. He posed for Cosmo at 22. OMG. Of course, he could have gotten drunk and driven a young woman into the river and left her there to die. No contest. The Lion of the Senate was a drunken lout who allowed a young woman to die rather than summon help that might hurt his career in the Senate. Scott Brown is a joking dad.

Anonymous February 2, 2010, 4:56 PM

Seriously, get a life.

T. Epstein February 2, 2010, 5:04 PM

Too bad the “Lion of the Senate” never gave Brown a ride across a bridge, eh? Now THERE was a man of principal.

Greg Black August 2, 2010, 2:37 AM

So, if Scott Brown was “pimping” out his daughters during his acceptance speech, why is he upset that Kathy Griffin called them “prostitutes”?