Puppets Bare Their Breasts and Get Banned

An ad depicting puppet cleavage has been banned in a Colorado city. Is it time to take on all sexually inappropriate puppets?

Avenue Q Cleavage

Momlogic's Momstrosity: Posters for a touring production headed for Colorado Springs of the Broadway musical show "Avenue Q" have been rejected because they show too much fuzzy puppet cleavage. The hit revue, which is not intended for children, features Muppet-like characters belting out risque songs. The breast bearing poster even comes with the disclaimer: "Warning, 60 percent adult situations, 40 percent foam rubber."

Guess the ratio didn't please Lamar Outdoor Advertising, the company that pulled the ads. Says a rep, the company decided to take a "conservative approach in Colorado Springs" because of the family and Christian organizations headquartered in the city.

Miss Piggy Kermit the Frog

Hold the phone people. If we're going to start censoring puppet's naughty pillows (ironically made out of some of the same materials as actual pillows), there is another culprit that's been appealing to our prurient interests since 1969.

Kermit the Frog has been appearing sans clothes for decades. Hope he's not planning a vacation to Colorado Springs anytime soon, or they'll run his little green ass out of town! And check out the pair on Miss Piggy -- sheesh! The people of Colorado Springs apparently can't handle a puppet decolletage. Has no one in that town has ever seen "Jersey Shore??"

next: Is It a Good Thing When Both Parents Are in Rehab?
Ugg Boots Sale February 24, 2010, 5:55 PM

If you love shoes, and I´m sure you do, then you may have thought about getting some new shoes that are really stylish, modern and cool looking. Well, if that´s the case then you should waste no more time walking through your neighborhood because here you will find everything you are looking for. Just listen to my advice and take a few minutes of your life and pay a visit to www.uggbootssale.org. Here at this great site you will find everything you seek.

Benji February 24, 2010, 6:49 PM

This sounds exactly like something that would occur in Colorado Springs. I spent the entirety of my childhood there, and the one thing that always drove me crazy was how culturally conservative the city was. Is. Sorry, Av. Q for the overwhelming presence of extreme conservatism in Co Spgs.

Slip you a Kermit February 25, 2010, 10:12 AM

Don’t blame all of Colorado Springs.

This decision was made by a company with the reasoning capacity of a pimple on a ducks butt!

As a Springs citizen, I smell censorship and small-mindedness. Billboard burning mentality.

Aprilcot26 February 25, 2010, 10:43 AM

Ha! Personally, I think the poster is funny. I’ve got tickets to see “Avenue Q” when it comes to my town and I can’t wait.

Censor them All February 28, 2010, 7:39 PM

Personally I think all the pets of the town and the whole country should be covered up. Dogs, cats and even the birds should be required to cover coservatively. Those robins with red breast should be the first to go then the American Eagle how dare it let it’s chest be so proudly displayed. We cover our pillows with cases. Why not cover the Puppets. Perfect sense to me. Come on Lamar Outdoor Advertising let’s not stop at pillows time for you to start covering up the naked outdoors.

Red Hair Shades For Pale Skin November 25, 2010, 12:35 AM

Every great advance in natural knowledge has involved the absolute rejection of authority.

buy valium December 1, 2010, 3:30 PM

Great job here. I really enjoyed what you had to say. Keep going because you definitely bring a new voice to this subject. Not many people would say what youve said and still make it interesting. Well, at least Im interested. Cant wait to see more of this from you.

How Car Batteries Work Video December 11, 2010, 1:31 AM

I love quotations because it is a joy to find thoughts one might have, beautifully expressed with much authority by someone recognized wiser than oneself.

Hotel Search December 17, 2010, 11:41 PM

I took great pleasure in reading. Thanks for the post.

Hotel Review December 18, 2010, 8:41 AM

thanks for it

Maurice Stratton December 29, 2010, 2:13 AM

You are a very bright individual!

de slabit January 3, 2011, 8:56 PM

I was beeing scouring the google for such info and i wanted to say thanks to u for this post. By the way, just off topic, where can i find a copy of this theme? – Thank you

cura de slabire January 11, 2011, 7:28 PM

I was been trying to find the google for this info and i wanted to say thanks to you for this post. BTW, just off topic, how can i find a copy of this theme? – 10x

Belgrade January 14, 2011, 4:56 PM

Please, keep up the awesome work and continue to post topics like this. I am old fan of your page.

types of hair colours January 14, 2011, 11:33 PM

Eccentricity is not, as dull people would have us believe, a form of madness. It is often a kind of innocent pride, and the man of genius and the aristocrat are frequently regarded as eccentrics because genius and aristocrat are entirely unafraid of and uninfluenced by the opinions and vagaries of the crowd.

Jainapaix January 17, 2011, 9:10 AM

Very informative post. Thanks for taking the time to share your view with us.

Ricky Nuara February 6, 2011, 8:46 AM

Great info and right to the point. I am not sure if this is in fact the best place to ask but do you guys have any thoughts on where to employ some professional writers? Thx :)

Gustavo Kesten February 11, 2011, 1:54 AM

Walters told her that a lot has been written in the press about whether Stevenson is Black or White.

funny senior citizens quotes March 7, 2011, 11:48 PM

He can compress the most words into the smallest ideas of any man I ever met.

simple wedding invitations to make March 8, 2011, 1:36 AM

Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever you can. As a peacemaker the lawyer has superior opportunity of being a good man. There will still be business enough.