Cops Say Millionaire Mom Murdered Autistic Son

WARNING: This is one of those stories that will leave your heart heavy and bring tears to your eyes.

peninsula hotel

What a tragedy. Cops say multimillionaire single mom Gigi Jordan murdered her 8-year-old autistic son Jude by force-feeding him a vast array of prescription pills in Manhattan's tony Peninsula Hotel this past Saturday. She then attempted to off herself but was unsuccessful, and is now in Bellevue Hospital.

Police arrived after investigating e-mails received by a member of Jordan's family in Belgium, detailing Jordan's malicious intent. They broke through a barricaded door to discover Jude with "foam around his mouth" on the bed, "while his babbling, incoherent mother was sitting on the floor." They were surrounded by many prescription pills and empty pill bottles. At this point, the boy has been dead for a day.

Jordan had written a two-page note discussing Jude's "constant pain." She wrote, "I can tell you the only true happy moment in my life was when Jude was born. He was all the love I ever had in my life. He was the only thing that made me feel life was something of beauty, ever." She also alluded that her son had been sexually abused by a cult and added, "I hope Jude is in a better place."

Jordan was once detained by police in Wyoming after she claimed her son was being molested by devil worshippers. Local officials in Wyoming confirmed she had contacted them more than two years ago saying Jude was being abused by a cult. Following the complaint, Jordan was briefly detained for a psychiatric evaluation. Officials say their examination of the boy showed no signs of abuse.

Our expert, clinical psychologist Dr. Michelle Golland, says it's likely Jordan buckled under the weight of her own depression and the stress of raising an autistic child alone:

"Without having treated her, I would say it appears that this was a mother who was severely depressed," says Dr. Golland. "The medical crisis of Jude's diagnosis seems to have been intense and overwhelming. It sounds like she had been trying to 'cure' her son for many years to no avail, which left her hopeless -- the first step toward suicide. Gigi may have believed that if she took the time to tend to her own medical situation, nobody would be able to care for her son; in her twisted, hopeless logic, she came to believe their dying would be a 'solution.' And the fact that both father figures in young Jude's life had been absent for years may have contributed to Gigi's fear that Jude would end up being institutionalized if something were to happen to her. This tragic example shows how important it is for parents to have support when dealing with their children's medical and psychological issues."

Sigh. Such a tragic example indeed.

next: Michael Jackson's Doc Charged in Singer's Death
lisa February 8, 2010, 4:52 PM

How sad :(. Parents should never kill their children, they are gifts from god. Iam going to hold my baby alittle closer and give her lots of kisses.

Mg February 9, 2010, 5:15 AM

This is just soo sad.. May that child rest in peace. I cant imagine being so helpless to think that was the only help she could get. I feel for this mother and hope she is able to get help. This shouldn’t happen but does this needs to be a wake up call to people when their are signs that they need to speak up and reach out, Not point fingers. Im sure she had cried for help.. This is Horrible this poor baby.. This deeply saddens me…

maeby February 9, 2010, 7:23 AM

i dont understand people who kill a child then themselves. why dont they just kill themselves? they wont have to deal with the child anymore will they? idiots.

jane February 9, 2010, 3:54 PM

I think it is a shame when they kill the kids.They should get tread the same way.They sould get fix so they cant have kids any more.

n ancy February 9, 2010, 4:28 PM

This poor mother and son. It is truly a shame that she felt that she couldn’t get help for her depression, which can be absolutely debilitating, without abandonng her son to an institution. Were there no family members who could take him on while she was treated, and educated about autism. Apparently she tried in the past to reach out for help by alleging abuse by a cult, but was blown off. I understand how heinous it is to kill a child, no matter at what level of functioning he was operating.

Anonymous February 9, 2010, 5:32 PM

I glad she kill him

Melissa February 9, 2010, 9:28 PM

This is truly sad. I’m a single mom with 2 autistic boys so I know how difficult it is. It’s sad that she wasn’t able to get any help with her depression. I know the worrying about what would happen with the child/children if something were to happen to you. It’s just a horrible situation and I just wish that she had someone to help her and understand her and her child. What I don’t understand is why didn’t the family react to the first email that they received, they should have reacted immediately. To that last comment form anonymous you’re extremely ignorant, and a cold hearted person!!!!

Tom February 9, 2010, 9:45 PM

I can’t believe that person saying (I’m glad she kill him) what in the world with you how can you say something like that your sick in the head and a coward you couldn’t even leave your name someone should take you out and beat you

Sylvia February 10, 2010, 2:42 PM

I have a hard time feeling sorry for a mother with access to millions of dollars.Many mothers AND fathers deal with disabled children 24/7 with no other options.If she couldn’t deal with him there are plenty of loving couples looking for even a disabled child.With her money she could have paid someone to care for him around the clock and found a trust to take care of his future needs while she was still alive & could choose herself.I’m a married mother with both a disabled & normal children.I know it’s not easy.But had a father done the same thing he would have gotten life in prison & been called a monster, especially with that kind of money. Yet most here feel as sorry for the mom as for the child she KILLED.When we feel compassion & pity for women like this one we make light of the empathy we should feel for those who are truly helpless & at wits end.Not those who care nothing about anyone but themselves. This woman is nothing but a narcisstic psycho that MURDERED an innocent child & should get life in a forensic maximum security nut house.I hope they take her entire fortune & use it to help mothers and/or fathers that love their children and need help.

finally got download full movies September 11, 2010, 7:52 PM

Stumbled into this internet site by chance but I’m sure glad I clicked on that link. You actually answered all of the queries I’ve been dying to answer for some time now. Will actually occur back for much more of this. Thank you so much

stupidamericans September 19, 2010, 8:52 PM

oh stop it! This mom was crazy. You wanna see a MOM of a severely autistic child who has kept her sanity over 18 years, despite unbelievable STRESS and crushing disappointment? See you tube videos under search of “severe autism” and then tell us about stress. This family has more stress than anyone could imagine.

lenny September 19, 2010, 8:57 PM

Friend just showed me sight. Good article. But when I read part about psychologist saying the mom should’ve sought help I wanted to puke. Does anyone realize how many times mothers, fathers and siblings of autistic person have sought “professional help” only to come back more empty and hopeless than when they went for counseling? Or therapy? The fact is: parents don’t want therapy. They need tangilbe HELP. Like people actually coming to their house to help out. Bring respite and relief. F&&& therapy.

Veronica October 29, 2010, 3:50 PM

It is absolutely critical families living autism get the help they need. Google youtube video: “Autism: When More Help is Needed”