Woman Gets Threats Over Stolen Dog Coat!

In this exclusive, Donna McPherson -- who has received death threats since this story broke -- tells momlogic, "Now I'm in the doghouse!"

lexie the dog

Donna McPherson tied up her dog, Lexie, in front of a supermarket in NYC for a few minutes yesterday and then ran in to buy some milk. When she came back out, her dog's coat was missing. He'd been mugged!

"I was flabbergasted ... I couldn't understand it," she recalls. "Who would steal a little dog's coat?" (Lexie wasn't wearing his designer Burberry sweater at the time, either!)

Donna was so mad, she blogged about the experience on a local Brooklyn blog and shared her story in today's NY Post. But not everyone is on her side.

"I'm receiving death threats," she tells momlogic in this exclusive interview. "People are saying I'm a horrible person for leaving him tied up. But it was literally just for a couple of minutes!"

Donna says she rarely leaves her dog alone in front of stores. "In retrospect, I should never have turned my back on Lexie," she says. "I'm just so grateful they didn't steal him. My God, he's like my little kid!"

When momlogic asked Donna if she really treats Lexie like her child, she said: "Yes, I am one of THOSE dog people ... and we're not crazy!"

Donna's so disturbed by what people are writing about her in the blogosphere, she has vowed to no longer read the nasty comments. "They're saying I should be put in prison, that my dog should be taken away. It's way too upsetting!"

She says she adopted Lexie 10 years ago from a shelter, and has been utterly devoted to him ever since. "Anyone who knows me knows my dog is number one," she says. "I can't believe it has gotten to this level."

next: 50 Ways to Spend a Snow Day
K. February 10, 2010, 3:31 PM

Monika February 10, 2010, 4:08 PM

Quoted:
“This title is grammatically confusing. When I read the title, “Woman Gets Threats over Stolen Dog Coat!” I thought, “no wonder she’s getting threats if she’s wearing a coat made out of dog!” It should probably be “Woman Gets Threats Over Stolen Dog’s Coat!”
- K.”

Actually, that makes it sound like the dog itself was stolen. maybe “dog’s stolen coat?”

Anonymous February 10, 2010, 4:14 PM

Except that she’s not getting threats over the stolen dog coat at all, so no that would not be correct. It should be something like “Stolen Dog Coat Leads to Death Threats”.

redmum February 11, 2010, 6:55 AM

ROFL at comments, brilliant

RamyS February 11, 2010, 10:28 AM

lol, this is too funny.

Vyatka April 20, 2010, 5:04 AM

Спешу поделиться радостью! 2 полоски)))))))))
Дя.. я скоро стану мамой. Чувства переполняют, хочется рассказать об этом всему миру!!!
Девчёнки, вы не представляете, какая это радость. А кто знает - не дадут соврать!!! А вот мой избранный утром, когда я сказала - сначала потерял дар речи, а потом всю расцеловал!!! *kiss*

cheapviagra2393 August 30, 2010, 8:23 AM
Immobilier Bretagne March 7, 2011, 3:37 AM

I and also my pals ended up viewing the great procedures found on your site and then all of the sudden came up with a horrible suspicion I had not thanked the web site owner for those tips. All the ladies were so glad to study all of them and now have very much been loving them. Thank you for actually being quite thoughtful and then for figuring out this kind of awesome tips millions of individuals are really wanting to know about. Our sincere regret for not saying thanks to you earlier.

Pharmd788 May 13, 2011, 10:12 PM

Hello! gddbegc interesting gddbegc site!