New Law Says No Cursing!

Hey potty mouth moms ... could you stop cussing -- for a week?!

woman cursing

If you live in California you might. The state Assembly passed a resolution today making the first week of March "Cuss Free Week." If approved by the state Senate, it will take effect immediately. While lawmakers acknowledge that there is no actual enforcement in the resolution, they say this will promote "greater harmony and connectedness" among citizens. Assemblyman Anthony Portantino, co-author of the measure, says "I've always wondered why we behave differently when grandma is watching than when we're on our own."

The resolution was inspired by 16-year-old McKay Hatch who started a No Cussing Club at his junior high in 2007. Hatch, who went all the way to the state capital to show his support for the legislation, says he sees a link between cursing and other bad behavior, like bullying and drug use. "Cussing is a hard habit to break," the teen says, "but anyone can do it."

Could YOU give up cursing? More importantly, do you agree that it leads to delinquent behavior?

next: Shiloh Jolie-Pitt's New 'Do
K-J February 25, 2010, 1:50 PM

F**!!!

=)

Beth February 25, 2010, 4:17 PM

California is handing out IOUs to state employees instead of paychecks but they have the money to waste on this kind of garbage?!

Anonymous February 25, 2010, 4:37 PM

So this 16 year old boy says there is a link between drug using and bullying with people that cuss? Glad he is well trained and educated in the subject. He must have published a peer reviewed journal on this amazing discovery. Good use of time Senate…
-Stephen

candice February 25, 2010, 6:44 PM

Who cares!!! My boyfriend thinks the same with me. He is eight years older than me, lol. We met online at~ A_g_e_m_i_n_g_l_e.c o m ~a nice and free place for younger women and older men, or older women and younger men, to interact with each other. Maybe you wanna check out or tell your friends.

ewrew February 25, 2010, 6:47 PM

Who cares!!! My boyfriend thinks the same with me. He is eight years older than me, lol. We met online at~ A_g_e_m_i_n_g_l_e.c—o—-m ~a nice and free place for younger women and older men, or older women and younger men, to interact with each other. Maybe you wanna check out or tell your friends.

tennmom February 25, 2010, 7:18 PM

Seriously like the spam on the last two comments, not.
My grandmother always said that people swear when they are too ignorant to bother with using other words to express themselves. I think she is right.

Anonymous February 25, 2010, 7:38 PM

LAME

b February 26, 2010, 6:44 AM

why can’t people applaud a kid for trying to do something good in the world. Poor language, potty mouths and anger issues are indicative of declining social morality and civility. Why fault this kid for asking us to step up and be better. We all know there’s nothing attractive about a potty mouth.

eric February 27, 2010, 5:05 AM

What The F@#*K…. this is were my hard earnd money is going when I pay taxes at the end of the year..I feel that a resolution like that is a waste of time and money

Anon February 27, 2010, 8:20 PM

I am annoyed by the people who think this is okay. Not only does this violate the 1st amendment but this is a waste of tax payer money. If he doesn’t want to deal with swearing kids his age he should stay in his club, but if this passes it affects adults too and that’s plain annoying.

truthislov√™ March 1, 2010, 1:16 AM

Greetings: I use to ryhme cuss lyrics. Then when Jesus said “out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks” WASHED my heart-freed me from such vile language. There’s a reason why its referred to as “curse” words. Your cursing yourself, and others. People whose hearts are closed to God, have no room for light love and blessing another thus they cuss. Indeed what’s in ones heart leads them to behaviour like a steering wheel. Seek Jesus get your hearts washed! God bless!

beckw May 9, 2010, 9:30 AM

Kids today are so brainwashed its really sad. They have NO common sense of right or wrong anymore. Obamaism has invaded and things won’t straighten out anytime soon until he is gone. THank GOD for the VOTE! Get here soon November!

beckw May 9, 2010, 9:33 AM

Too bad kids today are BRAINWASHED by F—UUUC—K—INN OBAMA SOCIALISM that has invaded our Country! The good part is that IT WILL BE GONE IN A MATTER OF TIME… GET HERE SOON NOVEMBER..

beckw May 9, 2010, 9:40 AM

Freakin obama socialism is making a go at WIPING OUT THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA! @ss—H_0les get succked in by socialism, but those with common sense know better! Kids today are clueless and have this notion that they must bow down to the POTUS because its politically correct? What BULL_SHYYT IS THAT?! kIDS better WAKE UP AND SMELL THE SOCIALISM.. if they don’t this country’s next generation will KILL OUR FREEDOMS.

Anonymous August 12, 2010, 7:25 AM

So if I cuss then I’m drug user, or a bully. Sweet!