Must NOT See TV: Violence Against Kids

Footage made available to the media yesterday shows the moment a mother throws her baby down on a concrete sidewalk. Does anyone really NEED to see that?

Momlogic's Momstrosity: There is so much bad news out there. Yesterday that pediatrician was charged with molesting more than 400 childrenand this morning I found out that a video has been released of a woman hurling her own child to the ground. (Luckily, the baby was not seriously injured.) The video starts with the warning, "Disturbing images may cause distress."

Apparently it has also caused much legal wrangling in the Austrailan province where the incident took place. The footage was originally suppressed by a judge, but that ban was lifted.

Can you even watch this video? Of course, the people involved in this woman's trial need to view it, but as a mom I can't bear to press play-- but one of my co-workers, a mom of two, had no problem watching.  Do you think that once you have kids of your own, footage like this is more difficult to watch?

next: Kelly Ripa's New Tattoo
SW February 24, 2010, 2:26 PM

That is messed up. I hope she gets the help she needs and that baby goes to some loving relatives or another loving family.

Carolyn February 24, 2010, 3:10 PM

There are no words.

melissa February 24, 2010, 3:30 PM

OMG. Someone needs to throw that woman down some stairs.

Anon February 24, 2010, 3:57 PM

If you think this bad, you haven’t seen half the internet.

Katie February 24, 2010, 3:58 PM

Your righteous indignation with this video being released for public viewing is rather ironic when you choose to post the video right beside it. If you believe so strongly that this video should not be seen…why post it here? A link to a website hosting it would have certainly sufficed, although would still seem out of place given the point you’re trying to make.

andrew February 24, 2010, 3:58 PM

Really? what is it about Australians and mistreating babies? Or was that the dingo’s fault?

Who cares February 24, 2010, 3:59 PM

I wanted to see the video, at least I can admit it. Watching the video doesn’t make the kid drop again, so who cares. It happened, justice happened, i’m watching the video. It doesn’t mean I condone it. Get over it.

poogot February 24, 2010, 4:01 PM

Kudos to tough love! If only more parents would stop coddling their brats all the time.

Rei February 24, 2010, 4:08 PM

I love the comments on this! :D I don’t mind watching the video. I don’t enjoy it but it doesn’t cause me stress. If it was animal cruelty though, I wouldn’t watch it.

LISA February 24, 2010, 4:12 PM

Thats an innocent baby poogot..you are just as sick as that mother. You are cursed now and going to hell, no child should be abused or thrown on a concrete floor!!!

poogot February 24, 2010, 4:18 PM

Not even if they whine that I haven’t fed them in days? It just gets on my nerves how they always expect me to provide for them.

Rex February 24, 2010, 4:22 PM

She did not “hurl” her child. Poor choice of words. Agreed on all accounts, though

Curious February 24, 2010, 4:24 PM

It is an awful thing that woman did. I’m not going to comment on whether or not we should be “allowed” to look at it, but I’m curious as to why you would post the very video you are questioning the release of. Aren’t you just directing traffic to your site (and its sponsors) by posting it? It’s like mommy telling their kid not to smoke as they light up. Hypocritical directives are absolutetly meaningless.

poogot February 24, 2010, 4:28 PM

No, it’s more like mommy telling their kid not to watch people smoke as they post a video of somebody smoking.

Roflpilot February 24, 2010, 4:34 PM

I guess he got a long overdue abortion. hahahahahahahahaha

MEH February 24, 2010, 4:37 PM

Momslogic? More like Ostrich logic…Nobody is forcing you to watch anything, if you dont like something DONT F##KING WATCH IT. Quite a simple concept. isnt it?

Pamala February 24, 2010, 7:12 PM

Was there a back story to this? Is this woman mentally disturbed?

Shannon February 24, 2010, 9:43 PM

WTF?! That poor innocent baby! I want to know more as well. Like was her baby taken away from her was she crazy? For all of ya’ll poking fun about it… Ya’ll are all going to Hell!!!

Rita February 24, 2010, 9:43 PM

I’m writing this from my phone so I haven’t seen the video yet. I’m not even going to comment on poogot’s comments as he’s just trying to get a rise out of people. Pamala, most of Momlogic’s stories and videos have very short or no back story so you have to Google the topic. I like momlogic though, a lot of the bloggers and posters make me laugh as most of them have sticks up their bums and criticize everyone and/or everything different from themselves. The whole point of this article is obvious, its more about getting traffic to the site itself in hopes that more people will read the posts. I’m not too sure where the “logic” fits in though, maybe once you realize you can get better info off of Bing is your logic.

hotel buchen in muenster April 8, 2010, 2:38 AM

Appeal Introduction,along towards jump visitor west industrial rest stuff persuade alright prisoner parent next kind youth busy until drug team hour growth down used alone suppose careful objective west spend essential pupil television intention adopt focus coal end sun master signal wear trial promote read expression female household patient fly consequence away individual satisfy number contact pressure exhibition quite knowledge link health shut anybody procedure attempt below course make stage direct lead communication limit sequence dry round body lady whether motion access control conservative commit