We Have Too Many Freaking Toys!

Squeak. Roll. Crash.

box of toys

Christina Montoya Fiedler: I thought this only happened in movies, but there I was, flying through the air, in my bathrobe, as I tripped and fell, landing squarely on my butt (which thank god has some extra cushion) -- thanks to an oversized Tonka truck that was left by my son right in the middle of the hallway. Did I mention this happened at 6 AM on my bleary-eyed walk to the coffee maker?

Since when did I start living in a Toys "R" Us, rather than a two-bedroom Los Angeles apartment?

We are swimming in toys. It's hard to pinpoint when mass migration of toys to our tiny apartment started. It's as if they multiply when we are asleep. Could this be? Especially on the stuffed animal front. His bunny foo-foo did seem to be getting a little handsy with teddy last night.

Mind you, most of these toys seem to make NOISE, and lots of it. Our friends, sans kids, seem to get us the loudest ones. Thanks, guys. Super funny. Just wait until you have kids. Revenge is sweet. My son has a particularly loud toy which plays kid versions of pop favorites. Just yesterday, I was one "Wide Open Spaces" (by the Dixie Chicks) away from a nervous breakdown. And then there is the infamous Alex the Lion doll from "Madagascar" that screams "Hi, I'm Alex, the Alex," seemingly over and over again. Well, not seemingly, it really is over and over and over again.  I once heard my husband say it in his sleep. Seriously, that's how many times we hear it a day. It's invading his psyche.

And that Elmo that counts to ten and knows his alphabet. What a pretentious jerk.

If anyone needs me, I'll be in my closet hiding from the toys.

next: Beware of Craigslist Crazies
Nicki February 2, 2010, 10:23 AM

Do you also have those toys that mysteriously start talking when you walk past or when they are just sitting there? It’s like they are possessed. I think my husband would agree with you; we also have too many toys.

Cathy February 2, 2010, 1:49 PM

My son had a push choochoo engine that samg the alphabet and songs etc….not motion activated at all.you have to phusically push a button for it to sing. But at 3 or 4 it would go off for no reason. After a week i drove to goodwill near the back and dropped it off at donation area. I didnt even go in. Dropped it off and left.

Leslie Elliott February 2, 2010, 3:46 PM

I feel your pain, Christina, both literally and figuratively! i have been known to leave many of the noise-making toys battery-less for a time, and also was nearly driven mad by the “it’s a small world” musical potty seat that played for 2 hours straight the other night…i tip-toed into the bathroom after that, for fear of setting it off again! :) thanks for the laugh, and for sharing your writing talent!

Chrystal @ Happy Mothering February 5, 2010, 12:30 PM

I feel you! I don’t know where all of my daughter’s toys came from. It seems like there’s a never-ending flood of toys all throughout our apartment. One of us is always tripping over something. As soon as I pick them all up, I feel like they’re right back where they were when I started!

mitral valve January 19, 2011, 9:47 AM

Station is nicely printed and it contains some beatific things for me. I am pleased to ascertain your impressive way of writing the billet. Now it transmute comfortable for me to read and compel the concept. Thanks for distribution the communicating.
funny text

Yajaira Steil January 20, 2011, 5:41 PM

I don’t agree with it, props to you for making the effort to throw it up

Marisa Hayden March 16, 2011, 12:24 PM

This post appears to recieve a large ammount of visitors. How do you advertise it? It offers a nice unique twist on things. I guess having something authentic or substantial to talk about is the most important thing.

Wholesale Prada Sunglasses March 24, 2011, 12:50 PM

Hi there, I ethically like reading your posts, hold responsible you!

Adam Burish Jersey March 25, 2011, 12:39 PM

I enjoy reading this article. I miss to learn more on this topic.. Thank you over the extent of journalism leading article this crucial info.. Anyway, I am gonna subscribe to your rss and I craving you write gigantic articles again soon. Absolutely useful info.

Wholesale LV Handbags March 26, 2011, 6:10 PM

Hi there I am wondering if I can usability this article on one of my blogs if I component back to you? Thanks!

Lonnie Rave March 29, 2011, 5:26 PM

I have been checking out some of your articles and it’s pretty nice stuff. I will make sure to bookmark your website.

Tuan Scrimsher March 30, 2011, 7:35 AM

As a Newbie, I am continuously exploring online for articles that can aid me. Thank you

Wholesale Prada Sunglasses March 31, 2011, 12:51 PM

Ha, that? Beyond question a Genuinely good suggestion. Uncountable thanks so much conducive to this!

Homme 2009 Leather SI April 1, 2011, 11:50 AM

Carefree to run out of methods that undoubtedly function, gain again!

Femme Nike Air Max 2003 April 1, 2011, 11:09 PM

I fancy coming back everyday to decide your thoughts. I have your episode bookmarked on my routine look over inventory!

Air Jordan 5 April 3, 2011, 3:56 PM

I enjoy reading this article. I scarcity to learn more on this topic.. Hold responsible you for criticism this smashing info.. Anyway, I am gonna subscribe to your rss and I wish you erase spectacular articles again soon. Absolutely utilitarian info.

Wholesale ED Hardy Sunglasses April 5, 2011, 6:51 AM

I harmonise with your conclusions and inclination thirstily look pert to your coming updates.

Guadalupe Kilogan April 6, 2011, 7:57 AM

Hello. remarkable job. I did not anticipate this. This is a great story. Thanks!

ACG Air Max Foamdome April 7, 2011, 7:18 AM

I am acutely certain they command read a tons of additional trash here than anybody else!

Fred E. Mercer April 8, 2011, 9:39 AM