Whoa! Pregnant Man Expecting Third Child!

He shows off his bulging belly for the first time.

The world's first pregnant man is pregnant again ... with baby number three!

Who can forget the day Oregon native Thomas Beatie, a transgender living as a man, and his wife welcomed baby girl Susan (June 29, 2008)? Or the day Beatie gave birth to his second child, a boy (June 9, 2009)?

Now, in keeping with his one-kid-per-year tradition, Beatie is pregnant with his third child and is proudly showing off his baby bump.

thomas beatie

Thomas Beatie

next: Celine Dion on Her Fifth IVF Attempt
lisalee18wheeler February 14, 2010, 6:10 PM

Thomas is transgendered, not transsexual. A transsexual would do everything in their power to align their body with their brain. Transgender do not. Thomas wants his cake and eat it too.

Anonymous February 15, 2010, 6:03 AM

HER HER HER BELLY FOR FRIG SAKES

sn February 15, 2010, 6:37 AM

I’m all for a person’s right to make choices however, I do find that this person wants to have the benefits of being both a man and a woman. If you truly want to be a man fine but men don’t get pregnant and give birth.

Liz February 15, 2010, 11:49 AM

This person was born a female and can get pregnant for that reason. It is not surprising!
No big news. She can look, dress, and think she’s a male but she is not. Very confused person. That’s what is sad. Print that ML.

Anonymous February 15, 2010, 1:42 PM

The fact that she altered her gender doesnt make her a man. I agree with u Kendra.

Outrageous February 15, 2010, 5:51 PM

Disgusting. Just disgusting.

Anonymous February 15, 2010, 7:28 PM

I do believe your gender is determined by the Utlra Sound taken while in the mother’s womb. Before Ultra Sound the gender was not determined until birth….[Seeing is Believing :)]…. It was confirmation of gender.

Joy February 16, 2010, 2:46 AM

I really hope all these children are home schooled or else they will all be cruelly teased by their classmates. As others before me have said: I will agree: This is NOT a man, but a woman; or should I say someone living as a man but has female ‘insides.’ I am deeply offended, as a woman, to have someone like this called a ‘man’. Is this couple trying to be like the Duggars?????

Deborah February 16, 2010, 3:24 AM

It seems to me that most people commit on the children and how they will be teased. Maybe if parents would spend more time teaching their own children facts of life in the 21st century, proper manners and how they hurt other children verbaly & physically at school is not acceptable. Time to be responsible for your own actions & words. Children learn what they see and hear from adults! Ignorance and poor manners breeds ignorance and poor manners. If this family is happy and truly love and care for each other, that is what counts!

Krista February 16, 2010, 4:10 AM

My question is, why would one want to become a man just to get pregnant and have children? This makes no sense to me at all. And I also don’t understand all the hype behind this “man” considering it is just a woman having kids.

Miss February 16, 2010, 4:39 AM

Ok this is not amazing. As this “man” was born a woman. Even if he she is a man now he still has all the working parts to have a baby… I would like to see a REAL man AMAZINGLY get pregnant and have a baby then it will be news to me as well.. This is just weird to me but I wish them all the best. I hope these kids turn out to be normal and happy well cared for children… But do we really have to hear every time She he gets pregnant?? WHO Really cares…

Jules February 16, 2010, 5:19 AM

I am so tired of hearing about the first pregnant man. Men cannot have children! Ugh! I know I am only repeating what the rest have said but this is so annoying!

Starr February 16, 2010, 5:33 AM

First off, if this person’s wife could have children & wasn’t barren, he would have continued living as a man. This small fact, that the inner organs were kept, allowed them to have the family they would otherwise not have been able to have. True, they could have tried adoption. But as society still has not over come negativity, intolerance for differences, ignorance, judgmental attitudes, hatred, bigotry, closed minds & a ton of other issues that keep people from allowing each other peace - there would be no way they would have been able to. Once they are done, he will return to his role. As for the kids, I wish that the could grow up in a better world - all children deserve to.
But that would mean that some adults today would need to change - unfortunately, I don’t see that happening.

PJT February 16, 2010, 6:47 AM

I’m all for children coming into the world in love and wish nothing but the best for this couple and their children. But the term pregnant ” man”, is nothing more than a made up term to promote the media’s hype of this story. No “man” can get pregnant. That is just the way it is. Most transgendered female to male have total hysterecomies for that very reason. The want to be “men” With no menstrual periods- they have the genetial reconstruction that goes with the process. Again this couple is very unique and I totally support them but in reality Thomas is neither fully male nor fully female. That cannot be denied.

jdoel February 16, 2010, 6:50 AM

Why do you media morons give this and many other media hounds the attention that you do? This “man” gets artificially insemenated and you give “him” the fame that “he” desires. What would truly be amazing and worthy of news is if “his” got pregnant by “him”. That’s about as likely as their fourth child not being from a sperm bank.

Lavender  February 16, 2010, 7:04 AM

Ridiculous! And this is what we are praising these days?? This is what our society has become?? Absolutely ridiculous and what a confusing upbringing these poor children will have.

DaSunshine Gibson-Westbrook February 16, 2010, 7:34 AM

I am so sick and tired of the Press, News, Media, etc. showcase this WOMAN as a MAN… JESUS CHRIST! GIVE IT A REST. IT’S A FEMALE. BORN A FEMALE. AND NO MATTER HOW U DRESS the HUMAN BODY, IT WILL DIE A FEMALE…

heavenly35 February 16, 2010, 7:45 AM

Yes, I agree, what makes this female a man? As a Christian we are taught to dislike the sin NOT the sinner. And nowhere in the Bible does it say anything about growing a beard and lopping off breasts to make yourself a man! I pray for her about her need to have so much attention to be recognized.

DR February 16, 2010, 9:29 AM

This story has been based on a lie from the beginning. There are people who mutilate their bodies to look like animals.If they were to have a child will it be, Animal/Reptile Gives Birth to a Human Baby? Just because someone has a fantasy does not make it reality for the world around us. There is no such thing as a pregnant man that I know of in the human race. To call an altered woman a pregnant man is a lie and nothing but sensationalism.

Cynthia February 16, 2010, 12:38 PM

This is a woman”period” and we need to stop playing around with “what God made us” man is trying to change the whole human race by changing our appearence. Look, God make no mistakes but man do. Now you got gays marrying each other and involving these children in their mess. I’m not passing judgement but this is not Gods way. That’s why there’s so much nagativity going on in this world. If you are gay and you have children in that inviroment what do you think is going to happen to those kids. If two gay men adopt two babies and when they grow up what do you think their going to be and who the will lie down with. So these kids are going to be messed up and mixed up. We better stop the nonsense if we believe in the All Mighty. Man is going wild and it’s in the bible that these things will come to past. Somethings should be left in the closet to protect these children. God is leaving this earth and the devil is having a big party. Wake Up!!!