Does your kid have a messy room? Rejoice! This hilarious list from our friends at parenting.families.com explains why messy can be marvelous!
1) It can enhance your child's balance and coordination skills. (They have to weave around the objects on their floor, leap into bed and scale the mound of clothes without slipping.)
2) Memory skills are improved. As your child struggles to remember where they left their library book (under the bed, or maybe on the desk?), they are working their memory. After all, doesn't every parent want his or her child to develop a good memory?
3) Handyperson skills are developed as they learn the fine art of unjamming a drawer that is stuffed too full of clothes. (This could come in handy when they become a parent themselves.)
4) The art of positive thinking is learned. They think to themselves, "This room looks great. I know where everything is. I like it this way. It reflects who I am." In some cases, this art is very finely developed.
5) They learn the power of persuasion when they convince parents and siblings to help them clean. This lesson is especially potent when they share a room with a sibling.
See all 10 reasons on parenting.families.com.