7-Year-Old Hero Calls 911, Saves Family

Hear the complete 911 call now.

A 7-year-old boy locked himself and his sister in the bathroom during a home invasion and called 911 yesterday morning, reports the Whittier Daily News.

Here is the amazing audio.

(Warning: The kid is highly distressed -- some of the moms here found it hard to listen to.)

The boy, Carlos, even told the 911 operator to "send soldiers."

The suspects forced the bathroom open and took the phone away from the child. But they left when they found out he had called for help. No one was injured.

"If not for the brave and educated actions of the 7-year-old boy, this might have ended tragically," said Capt. Pat Maxwell.

What a brave little boy!

next: 'Story of Stuff' Video Creates Controversy
Ellie March 11, 2010, 3:26 AM

What bothers me is that this woman is bothering him about his name and age, instead of finding out what’s going on.

Espen March 11, 2010, 3:47 AM

@Ellie

I think it’s to calm him down

Flavio March 11, 2010, 3:56 AM

@Espen it’s to find out if they could give them the address, because it takes some time for the trace to give you the exact location. I mean with cellphones it might be easier with 3g gps, but if you’re 911 it will take some time to trace and find a location about 2-3 minutes.

Carl March 11, 2010, 9:57 AM

She is only trying to keep him on the line to get him to stay where he is and monitor what is going on, in addition to trying to keep him calm. Contrary to what the movies tell us, it does NOT take 2-3 min to trace a call. It is almost immediate after the connection is made. They do that in the movies to add suspence.

Lynn March 11, 2010, 11:55 AM

This was hard to listen to. I’m glad the family survived this horrible ordeal.

Laurence Mitzner July 25, 2010, 10:20 PM

@Mike I’m not quite sure I understand what your saying

downlaod full movies September 11, 2010, 8:41 PM

Good job! Thanks for such interesting writing as I were able to find here. I agree with much of what is written the following and I will be returning to this site again.

mens jordan shoes March 5, 2011, 9:47 AM

Sports activities game enthusiasts are usually concerned in regards to the video game footwear. an excellent footwear is actually rather necessary for a good sportsman.