Our Predictions for 'American Idol' Top 5

momlogic's Vivian:

mike lynche and crystal bowersox and siobhan magnus

Sorry about the delay in posting our "American Idol" results-show recap, but I've been hard at work formulating my "A.I. Theorum" to share with you, okay? We're talking point spreads, people. The betting grid. An avid follower of this show since the Kelly Clarkson days of yore, I came up with a formula to predict the Top 5 that has been fairly reliable (save for curve balls like Nikki McKibbin from season 1). Anyway, these things take time and capricious cultivation -- elements that aren't readily available to me on a daycare-free Thursday.

But before I let you fine folks in on the data spewed forth by the algorithms afloat in my psyche, let's recap Wednesday night's goings-on, shall we? Both "Big Mike" Lynche and our GURL, single mom Crystal Bowersoxwere declared safe, but the judges unanimously claimed they were overshadowed by one perky Massaholic, a.k.a. Siobhan Magnus -- who let forth a note during her theatrical rendition of "Paint It Black" that was likely heard in the far reaches of Machu Picchu. As I predicted, the bottom three were the capable Paige Miles, the affable Tim Urban and the heavy-lidded Lacey Brown. Tim was once again saved by his haircut and Paige by her potential -- leaving Lacey to get packing.

"American Idol" season 7 winner David Cook showed the contestants how a graduate of the system operates with his heavy turn on the Rolling Stones classic, "Jumpin' Jack Flash." Also, fierce metal-guitar goddess Orianthi nimbly soloed between verses with her undeniably catchy f***-you anthem, "According to You." Finally, Ke rapped through her latest hit, "Blah Blah Blah." (If you've yet to see her, she's like a record-label-crafted amalgam of Britney Spears and Lady Gaga.)

With all this snarling reverb hinting that metal is poised for a comeback, I'm getting the vibe that they are looking for a winner with the pipes to compete in this realm, even if it's not necessarily what they're serving up on stage. That said, here's my prediction for the "American Idol" Top 5:

Mike Lynche (Great story; even better vocals.)
Crystal Bowersox (The world loves 'em earnest. And we love our MamaSox!)
Siobhan Magnus (This crop's Allison-Reynolds-done-good; see "The Breakfast Club.")
Lee DeWyze (Top 40 ready.)
Casey James (WAY too hot not to place.)
Wild-card: Katie Stevens (Hey, she's young, cute and vocally capable.)

So what do you guys think? Do you have a different fave? Leave your thoughts below!

next: Celeb Cheaters Never Think They'll Get Caught
Mike March 19, 2010, 9:56 AM

Replace Katie with Didi and I’d agree.

BokLouddy-online March 19, 2010, 2:01 PM

lart mycket

chris ford March 19, 2010, 4:40 PM

Casey James better watch it. If he thinks just looks will get him Top 3, he ought to think “Tim Urban”..So I’d say your guy 3 might just shift if Aaron has a star-quality night and Casey and DeWyze stay in their middling ways. Big Mike seems a lock to stay awhile…
On the gals, I agree that Katie might stick..she needs one eye-popper to hang with the Big Two this year, of all the contestants which of course are Crystal and Siobhan. Crystal from showing up as a polished artist. And Magnus - from all that zaftig, insane unpolished talent, and originality all jelling together into a “must watch as long as she doesn’t scream again” performer.

Ed March 19, 2010, 4:52 PM

I hope you don’t think Mike will win. I assume that is the order of finish. Nice guy but there is nothing special about his voice. He will not be in the top 5. He won’t even be the wild card. Right now the odds makers have him at 3rd. I don’t usually disagree with them but this one I do. It will be Crystal and Siobhan 1&2. Don’t count Didi out either.Lee and Casey will likely be in the top 5. But Mike is highly overrated. Read my prediction article at idolheaded.com “Looking Into the Crystal Ball…..”. I back up my picks with reason.

CarolLeslie March 19, 2010, 7:58 PM

I can easily agree with your top 5 picks, although the your pick for alternate is the one contestant I’ve found the most annoying of all since Hollywood week. Every week I’m hoping this is the last time I have to see her. However, my gut tells me that someone we haven’t taken seriously will emerge from the bottom of the pack and into the top 5. Last year going into top 11 week very few people were taking Kris Allen seriously. He was just the cute guy who hadn’t made any noticeable mistakes.

Anonymous March 19, 2010, 11:46 PM

I think Andrew Garcia is my wild card but whole heartedly agree with the rest of your picks.

idrus_cd March 20, 2010, 1:36 AM

i think the top 2 will be Katie and Aaron….

BabbleFace March 20, 2010, 2:54 AM

I’ve also watched 9 seasons and it’s simple. It will come down to Siobhan and Crystal, unless the judges keep pimping Casey and Big Mike which in case could cause one of them to be in the top two and that would be unfortunate. That said, many Crystal followers are so because they bought into all the hype that Crystal should win BEFORE the show even got started. So now many of them are seeing Siobhan as a threat, when they might have just chosen Siobhan had she been hyped from the start. The thing is if you’ve really watched from Season one, then you know the power of a contestant mentioning a baby, or being a single mom. It takes average performers and hurls them into the top 4. Bring in Nikki, Fantasia etc. Nikki for example is a “baby waver”. LOL. Or someone who waves her baby around to get votes. She even brought that baby on stage when she was close to going home. Big Mike is the same thing. Crystal is nearly that too, but she doesn’t have to say anything as she’s been pre-hyped. Single mothers will vote for her because she is one and the fantasy is that they envision her getting a big break because in reality they wish they could have that big break. Sort of like when truck divers vote for singing truck drivers, or police vote for the policeman.

So Crystal will get a ton more votes because of this. But Crystal actually has a very very good voice! So that makes her go even further and I can’t say she will make it only because of being a single mom.. However, the problem is that Siobhan is just as good and perhaps better in terms of singing and stage presence yet most of these Crystal fans will not want to think so. Because that would wreck their fantasy that a single mom like Crystal might win and they had their hearts set on her early. They love hard luck stories.

But the down side is Crystal shows almost no personality on stage and doesn’t appear to be having that much fun up there. That is pulling her straight down. So will it even out? Could Siobhan win it? Who knows. Again, I think Crystal does have a good voice, but just think she is the one getting all the forced hype. If there was one more complaint it’s that she sings within a limited, narrow range box, and never takes any real chances with her songs. That makes it much easier for her to pull it off each week. For those who disagree, think about this. If Siobhan wanted to mimick Crystal’s singing, she could easily. But Crystal would not be able to do the things Siobhan can. And Not that, that’s the most important thing, but Crystal does have it easier singing things that all sound about the same while standing behind a guitar. But will the idea of the single mom backing story save that? Again, who knows. And all this will start wars on the internet of people making reasons why each should win. Let’s just hope Siobhan and Crystal really do end up in the top 2 since it could be Tim and someone else, lol.

BabbleFace March 20, 2010, 2:55 AM

test

Anonymous March 20, 2010, 3:00 AM

cont’

BabbleFace March 20, 2010, 3:01 AM

cont’ getting all the forced hype. If there was one more complaint it’s that she sings within a limited, narrow range box, and never takes any real chances with her songs. That makes it much easier for her to pull it off each week. For those who disagree, think about this. If Siobhan wanted to mimic Crystal’s singing, she could easily. But Crystal would not be able to do the things Siobhan can. And Not that, that’s the most important thing, but Crystal does have it easier singing things that all sound about the same while standing behind a guitar. But will the idea of the single mom backing story save that? Again, who knows. And all this will start wars on the internet of people making reasons why each should win. Let’s just hope Siobhan and Crystal really do end up in the top 2 since it could be Tim and someone else, lol.

Anonymous March 20, 2010, 7:50 AM

I wish Andrew would get into the final 5, but that would imply an outstanding performance like the one he had during auditions. Haven’t seen that again. I don’t like Casey. He’s not a bad singer, but I think it’s mostly hype with him.

MoviezzzMaster March 20, 2010, 10:32 AM

Are you looking for that great new movie that you heard so much about, but can`t find a real copy of it to download anywhere else? Let Download Gate be your guide to not only finding the movie that you want to download, but allowing you to download it at a rapid pace so you can enjoy it faster. Our extensive collection of not only the latest and greatest movies out there, but timeless classics and epic releases are just a taste of what you`ll find in our member`s area. Our staff makes sure that every new update is made available right away to our members, and that our servers can handle even the biggest rushes to download the material you desire. And you`re not going to find low quality releases here at Download Provider. Our staff also double-checks every video on our site to make sure that it`s in working order, and is delivered in good quality, so when you download it, there are no surprises on your end; just a good quality video that you can enjoy. Welcome! http://www.movies-base.com

logan March 20, 2010, 12:31 PM

5th place———Didi Benami
4th place———Mike Lynche
3rd place———-Casey James
2nd place———-Crystal Bowersox
Winner of AMERICAN IDOL is Siobhan Magnus

I hope Katie Stevens goes home on Wednesday and finishes in 11th place…I do not like anything about her…

Владимир  March 20, 2010, 8:31 PM

Итак, благодарю за писанину, но очень вяло написано!
Нужно все-таки для людей более естественно доносить мысль.

ianaleah March 21, 2010, 12:37 AM

As aalready been said, so ‘ditto’- replace Katie w Didi.

Baqinardo March 21, 2010, 9:26 PM

I really wish Tim Urban and Katie Steven in TOP 2. So i wont watch Idol ever again.
So my TOP 5:
Tim
Katie
Paige
Andrew
Aaron

Duh, nothing is impossible in this Idol.

BarbieLabrador March 22, 2010, 8:21 AM

Vivian~In my opinion, you have picked the ones for whom America will vote! Personally, it is my wish that Crystal wins with Lee coming in second! (Every contestant has a wonderful voice!) Each of us have our own opinions! Isn’t is great that we as Americans have the freedom of speech to express them? Yes!

RoyalalyroiceSm March 23, 2010, 12:48 PM

What is the best way to be lotto online?

TrueFan March 24, 2010, 5:46 PM

I love Mike, there is no doubt about that. I think if he has the chance to win then he needs to try something new with his voice. He’s got a talent, but things are becoming to easy for him.
I adore Casey, and not just his amazing face, but he does have good vocals. He just needs to find a song that really fits him.
Crystal and Siobhan definitely have the best chance out of the girls. Personally I love Didi though. her voice is so unique.
But my all time favorite it Lee :) He can sing literally anything and pull it off. I loveee him.
My runner up favorite it seriously Aaron, young as hell. But sooo talented.