Cat Attacks Baby: Cute or Creepy?

You be the judge.

PetTube.com posted this viral video on YouTube of a kitty cat (we assume declawed) attacking/playing with an adorable giggling baby.

What do you think? Is it cute -- or does your mother's instinct make you question?

Me March 19, 2010, 12:12 PM

Made me laugh. The child was laughing and having fun and the cat seemed to be playing, not fighting or mad.

Natalie March 19, 2010, 1:08 PM

Personally, I hate cats. With a passion. However, this was cute. The cat wasn’t being mean, it was being nice and playful.

CJL March 19, 2010, 1:20 PM

This is too cute. The kitten is being gentle with the baby. You even see the kity licking the baby after pouncing on him. Both are just playing around.:)

shannon lear March 19, 2010, 1:21 PM

OMG! that made my day. it was so cute and sweet to see a baby having fun with an animal. we all need to teach our kids to love and respect animals and nature in general. i think its high time we all embrace pets in the home, it shows kids what unconditional love an animal can give to them.

Wendi March 19, 2010, 1:44 PM

Very cute, the cat was being nice and the baby was laughing. However we all must always remember that a cat scratch to a baby is not a good thing. With that said, my kids play with our cats and dogs like this all the time. Showing love and fun with the animals is such a good thing.

Gail Cooke March 19, 2010, 4:17 PM

Nothing wrong there..if the cat wasn’t playing, it’s teeth would have hurt the baby…you can tell by it’s tail it wasn’t angry or aggressive….all in good fun! What a cute video! It’s important for children to play and feel comfortable with domestic animals :)

Mandy March 19, 2010, 9:48 PM

I personally do NOT like cats, and mostly for their (usually) ‘bitchy demeanor’ such as attacking. However, nothing in this video even came close to a red flag. It appeared to be playing and didn’t seem like the baby was bothering it or being attacked. I thought it was adorable!!!

tennmom March 21, 2010, 11:50 AM

I may be mistaken but it looked like the child was crying, not laughing at the end of the clip.
Also, a cat’s back legs are strong and those back claws can really HURT. Even without front claws (mine are de-clawed, indoor only cats) a cat can cause some damage. My cats are sweet, gentle, but I have a couple of scars due to them freaking out and launching off of my lap.
I love cats. I had 7 once upon a time before I had children.
We have 3 now. My 12 year old still has a scar on her forehead as a result of playing with our older male when he was around 1 and she was 3. They were playing, he swiped at her hair. She hit her head “just right” on her headboard dodging him, resulting in a trip to the emergency room to have her head glued.
We enjoy playing with our cats with toys on strings etc. but I taught my daughters to not wrestle with them. Even if a cat doesn’t mean to, being bitten or scratched still hurts.
On the same note, I don’t agree with playing tug of war with a dog, even a small one. It is not a good idea to allow a dog to think he/she should challenge the authority of the Pack Leader (you, and your children if you have them) without being called down for it.

SamAdams March 30, 2010, 6:19 AM

tenmom-With tug-of-war there needs to be rules. There is nothing wrong with playing tug of war but the person should always win. The dog should always “drop-it” as soon as he/she is asked. If the dog is getting too worked up a time out is needed with the person giving a sit or lie down command. At all times the human needs to be in charge. There is nothing inherently wrong with the games we play with our pets, it is all about who is in control. *Which should always be the human*

Jenni May 11, 2010, 9:17 PM

Cute

fey May 18, 2010, 11:22 AM

what r those weird legs in the corner towards the end? they are not attached to a body?!?!?!?

Cidny May 18, 2010, 12:25 PM

LMAO! Loved the video! The cat and child were fine but the creepy part was seeing legs to the right with no body!

Marcel Stroub July 25, 2010, 10:17 PM

@Jim Thats good stuff

Carol January 12, 2011, 11:13 AM

Sure, this is cute … but wait till the cat starts biting the poor little kid. Eventually the kid is going to do something that hurts the cat and then look out. Personally I would not let this go on in my house for any length of time. It is not the proper way to play with a cat either.

Carol - Hoping for a womens marmot ski jackets for my birthday.

hellos January 19, 2011, 9:20 AM

thaks for the posting such a nice article.i liked it very much
mahad

hearing loss causes February 27, 2011, 2:17 AM

Hello.This post was extremely interesting, particularly because I was browsing for thoughts on this matter last week.

Penny April 23, 2011, 6:12 PM

Så syns du i Sociala medier

www.webb-expo.com