Chart: What Moms Are REALLY Doing

We have the best intentions but it doesn't always pan out.

Momlogic's Momstrosity:
Every day when I get out of work, I tear out of the parking garage to be reunited with my toddler. I think about her all day long and can't wait to spend some one-on-one time with my four-year-old. And every day I envision (in between making dinner) she and I will while away the hours from 6 PM to bedtime -- drawing, playing dress up, playing restaurant, dancing, singing, baking, riding bikes and doing various messy crafts.

I don't know what happens, but each night it never, ever works out as planned. Is it just me?

What Moms Are Really Doing

next: Can You Afford to Be a Stay-at-Home Mom?
daycare owner March 25, 2010, 1:41 PM

Ok working mom’s how many of u when u have a day off for whatever reason do u keep your kids out of daycare or pick them up early ? I have owned my own daycare for 9 years and I can count on one hand how many moms say they feel guilty but when the time comes and u have the opportunity to spend the time with them they don’t. They still take them to daycare and still leave them there all day… Its ridiculous. Our kids have been on spring break this week and I have two teachers that I watch their kids and guess what .. I still had them not they did bring them a little later but they stayed all day.. I just don’t understand it

Rita March 25, 2010, 9:54 PM

U forgot Twitter. lol

Anonymous March 29, 2010, 5:53 PM

All those zero’s were unnecessary…

Anonymous April 5, 2010, 11:19 PM

Ha, good catch. Anything for emphasis I guess.

Dawn May 19, 2010, 2:44 PM

I agree with “daycare owner”. It’s sad, really, really sad. Birth to 5 is the most important learning years, many parents CHOOSE career over children. You need to give your kids, birth to 5, your time or don’t have them. And don’t say you can’t afford to stay home, you just have to adjust your life style. If you really can’t afford to take care of the children you have perhaps you should not have them.

Janethewit May 19, 2010, 3:01 PM

I love it. So true. So funny.

Shirley Czerniawski May 21, 2010, 6:57 AM

Well my kids are grown and they have kids of their own and oh how I love my grandkids. But believe me you never stop the worries I live in a different state then my kids my husband and I decided to move to Florida it was very hard to leave so if I don’t hear from them at least once a week I start to worry but I have to great sons and they both became very good fathers so I would like to think I did something right. But I loved being a stay at home mom back when.