Jake and Vienna Get My Rose!

I think he definitely made the right call.

Jake and Vienna

Elizabeth Lindell: I am one of the few who believe that Jake made the right choice on the finale of "The Bachelor" Monday night.

I did not marry my best friend; I married my lover and the love of my life. He did not become my best friend until years later. I, like Jake, made a decision based on passion -- and nearly twelve years later, that fire is still going strong.

The "heat" that Jake says he has with Vienna -- which he says he's never felt in any other relationship -- isn't something you can build. It's either there, or it isn't. But friendship can develop. The bond of marriage strengthens as each year passes and emotional intimacy deepens, but if there was no passion to begin with, it's not going to be there later.

I identified with Vienna when she said that she felt like she was taking a leap of faith, and that marriage is like jumping off a cliff. I'd thought those exact words the night before my wedding. But there is a knowing and a peace about understanding that you have a lifetime to discover the people you are -- and the people you will become. That's what a marriage is. I have several best friends, but only one soulmate.

I wish more young couples decided to get married based on how their hearts guided them. I believe that making safe choices -- without passionate connections -- are what lead to divorce and lifeless marriages.

Anonymous March 3, 2010, 12:16 PM

Jake and Vienna, will be happy they are in love.I am glad Jake choose Vienna.You can see that love each other.

Lucy March 3, 2010, 1:46 PM

I completely agree! I married my best friend. And 13 years later, we are now in a sexless marriage (that has been a problem for 8 years). I feel like we are friends, but nothing more. There are days that I wish I had married the guy that couldn’t get enough of me and that I couldn’t get enough of.

Allie March 3, 2010, 2:06 PM

I agree! I am so happy for Jake and Vienna. They have each others’ heart. You can see the love and passion in their eyes. I also wished that I would have married the guy that could not get enough of me and I could not get enough of him. Friendship is fine but if you really have passion for someone it doesn’t fade.

miley March 5, 2010, 4:38 PM

I think Vienna is a wonderful girl. Ever since I started watching this show I could tell she would be the perfect choice for him because if you go back and watch this show you can just tell how comfortable and REAL Jake was when he was with Vienna. But if you see him with other girls you can tell he was kind of forcing himself to be with them. He was very fake with other women.

sapphire April 12, 2010, 2:17 PM

noway vienna you will not have my man

geena April 16, 2010, 10:20 AM

I Married The Man I love not The man My parents wants .aND iM S HAPPY,FOR 20 YEARS OF MARRIAGE OUR PASSION WITH EACH OTHER GETTING MORE STRONGER. i aGREE WITH YOU !! jAKE DID THGE RIGHT CHOICE AND vIENNA dID HER BEST TO FIND THE RIGHT MAN . gOOD LUCK

Elbert Wiggett August 14, 2010, 12:26 PM

@John I totally agree with that point

Cure Hemorrhoids November 27, 2010, 7:09 PM

Very helpful website. Great post, I look forward to reading more of your posts.

buy diazepam December 1, 2010, 3:40 PM

Dear Sir/Madam, would you care to advise me on how I could join your mailing list? I enjoy reading these posts and would like to be notified of future updates.

marbella property December 10, 2010, 5:14 AM

Very helpful website. Thank you, very informative and easy to understand.

Free Wedding Program Fans Templates December 15, 2010, 1:00 AM

There are only two ways of telling the complete truth—anonymously and posthumously.

Autumn Hinck December 23, 2010, 1:52 PM

Interesting information. I appreciate your effort, keep up all the work.

celulita December 27, 2010, 2:18 AM

I was been looking the google for such information and i wanted to thank u for this post. Also, just off topic, how can i find a version of this theme? – Regards

carbohidrati December 27, 2010, 3:36 PM

I have been after the Internet for such info and i wanted to say thanks to you for this post. By the way, just off topic, how can i download a version of this theme? – Thank you

Mark Fails December 28, 2010, 5:46 PM

You are a very smart person!

premium wordpress themes December 31, 2010, 8:51 AM

I admire your blog , it has of lot of information. You just got one perennial visitor of this site!

dieta anului 2010 January 3, 2011, 8:37 AM

I have beeing trying to find the Internet for this information and just wanted to say thanks to you for the post. BTW, just off topic, where can i download a copy of this theme? – Thanks

Porfirio Roginson January 7, 2011, 12:51 PM

Fine reading. Thanks, very informative and easy to understand.

Giełda Transportowa January 13, 2011, 4:20 AM

Great post…awesome picture…congrats!

dermatologia białystok  January 13, 2011, 4:36 PM

I wanna read more your articles!