Jamie Oliver Starts His Own Revolution

Jamie Oliver wants you -- to eat fresh, wholesome foods and rally your schools, restaurants and grocery stores to do the same. I can do that. Can you?

Jamie Oliver

America is fat. And if you don't believe me, take a look at the obesity chart completed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Orange as far as the eye can see -- which means that most of our states have an obesity rate greater than 25 percent of our population. Doesn't seem like much? Combine this with the fact that for the first time in our history, our children are expected to have a shorter lifespan than us.

This is why Jamie is calling America to arms with his new series, "Food Revolution" (premiering March 26 on ABC at 9 PM PST). He's presenting the cold hard facts about what we put into our bodies on a daily basis. And, judging by the clips, he's got a hard road in front of him. He faces one mom who solely feeds her family from boxed and frozen products, a child who thinks potatoes and tomatoes, and a school that believes french fries count as a veggie. A. Veggie.

His principle is simple. Out with the junk and in with the good. So, in honor of Jamie, and really for my kid, I'm put down that candy bar and picking up a carrot stick, because as he says, the revolution starts with me!

Want to start a revolution of your own? Visit JamieOliver.com.

next: Pete Wentz: 'Water Is a Basic Human Right'
Diane Mizota March 26, 2010, 7:19 AM

I LOVED this show! It made me realize how dependent we’ve become on processed food and all the crap that is sold to our kids and to us. I can’t wait to see more episodes. It motivated me to cook healthy meals all week since its premiere. I would love more helpings of Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution!

Tami The Queen of Health March 26, 2010, 7:22 AM

Our children are our future What does our future hold if we raise overweight, obese, cholesterol-lowering-medicated, heart-attack-waiting-to-happen, overly processed, undernourished, depressed children? As a nutritionist, national health educator and mother of three,I had the opportunity to participate in a briefing for Congress on Capitol Hill last Thursday, March 18. As a member and supporter of the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM), I was excited to be part of their Healthy School Lunch Program’s “Fighting Childhood Obesity with Food”. The Healthy School Meals Act of 2010 (HR 4870) was introduced, being sponsored by Congressman Jared Polis from Colorado. Co-sponsors include thirty six Congressional supporters. Actress/advocate Scarlett Johansson is also a key supporter. Actor/activist Tobey Maguire and his wife Jennifer Meyer are supporters for PCRM’s Healthy School Lunch Program…lots of other celebrities are involved too.

For rest of story, alarming stats, and to get involved, you can visit my site.

Partnering for better heath, Tami Hulcher The Queen of Health

Anonymous March 26, 2010, 8:42 AM

Great idea for the show. however I find it completely weird that someone from England, a country with notoriously awful nutrition and eating habits and a far rate of obesity would be running the show.

Anonymous March 27, 2010, 7:56 AM

English people have bad teeth too.

Kristyn G March 27, 2010, 7:57 PM

This show is fantastic and a great eye opener. And I’ve only seen 2 episodes! I can tell though that it’s a great thing Jamie is doing & I plan to watch every episode. Who better to have host the show than a well known professional chef? GO JAMIE!!!

Anonymous March 30, 2010, 4:52 AM

How about a host who isn’t from a fat country. Have you ever watched his show and see what he cooks? The amount of fats is ridiculous!

Brita April 12, 2010, 4:12 PM

Hi Christina, thank you so much for spreading the word about this important topic! Will you consider including a mention of Jamie Oliver’s petition to your readers as well? (www.jamiesfoodrevolution.com/petition). He is working really hard to get enough signatures to take to the White House, so that he can show the wide support to promote healthy food and cooking skills for children. Thank you!!

Brita April 12, 2010, 4:43 PM

Anonymous May 6, 2010, 8:44 AM

to 3 above -

The big US food companies have been pushing low/no fat products on us for years. How’s that working out? You can eat fat…just don’t process it.

Hermina Creglow November 26, 2010, 11:45 PM

Hi! That’s a meaningfularticle.. I mean you stand for fineness and it’s a meaningfulthing.

online detective December 23, 2010, 6:19 PM

Now you can search background history on anyone. investigators use our member’s area daily due to our HUGE records database and friendly customer support team. Join today and find anything on anything on anyone.

people finder December 23, 2010, 7:33 PM

Investigate anyone today with our powerfu recordsl databases. Used by numerous private investigators and law enforcement professionals for our accurate and up to date records. Don’t delay, join now!